1.0: Mister What?

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who are you and what are you doing to my house!” Anger and confusion was seething out from Joohyun as she looked at the mess the young girl had caused. 

 


It was as if her whole apartment had met a hurricane, everything was out of place and something smelt weird. Almost like the smell of burnt toast, whatever it was it did not smell nice to Joohyun.

 


“Look, I can explain so don’t be angry alright?” Yerim held one hand in front of herself as she tried to calm Joohyun down.

 


“You better have a good explanation or nothing good is going to come out of this!”

 


As it turned out, Yerim was a student from the church academy or a ‘trainee’ as she had called herself. She was sent from the academy to live with Joohyun for her field research. She was supposed to try and work with Joohyun to get first hand experience on demon slaying.

 


“Let me get this straight, they want me, a rookie who only started for less than a year to supervise you? What are they thinking?” 

 


“They even gave me to letter so I can give it you. Wait here, I’ll go get it.” Yerim ran off to her room to get her letter.

 


‘Sigh, she even went and picked her own room.’

 


‘Who went and picked her own room?’ Hearing another voice inside her head shocked her but after realising who the voice belong to, annoyance was what she felt rather than feeling alert.

 


‘None of your business, why are you even inside my head anyways.’ 

 


‘Cause I’m bored, keep me entertained please?’

 


Joohyun ignored her as Yerim had finally came out of her room to give her the letter. She took the letter from her and opened it to see that it was from a friend who had recommended Yerim to her. The friend had even asked her to take good care of Yerim.

 


“You should know what to do right? Cause I don’t know what I’m supposed to do right now.” Yerim's question gave Joohyun a ‘WTF' moment as she looked at Yerim dumbfounded.

 


“What do you mean you don’t know what to do? Doesn’t the academy give you any instructions?”

 


“But you’re the senior here, shouldn’t you already have experience on this?”

 


“Yerim, I didn’t went to the academy.”

 


“If you didn’t study at the academy then how did you even become a demon slayer?”

 


“You don’t need to know about that but I need to know something though.” Joohyun took a look around the whole apartment -it was a mess, a very big mess- before turning back to look at Yerim. “Why is my apartment a mess? Kim Yerim, you better have a good explantion for this.”

 


Gulping, Yerim replied “I was just trying to cook up something!”

 


“Cook? You have the audacity to break into my apartment without consent, cook something and even cause a whole mess!” Oh, Joohyun was pissed, really pissed. 

 


“I-I know I was intruding so I thought maybe cooking something for you would make you feel better...” Well that explained why the apartment had the smell of burnt toast lingering around.

 


“Okay Yerim, you tried to cook something for me. I can get that but that does not explain the whole mess"

 


“Well, you see. You have nothing in your fridge and cabinet except for bread and jam so I thought maybe toast bread and jam would do it but I accidentally drop jar and brok-”

 


“You what! You broke the jar and wasted a whole jar of unopened jam!” This young girl sure knew how to piss her off. Apparently having one Seulgi to annoy her was not enough, now a Kim Yerim was added in to test her temper.

 


“I tried to clean up! I was looking for a mop but I didn’t find it so I searched around the whole house and ended up.... in this situation.” Yerim looked up from her lap to see a Joohyun with a very scary expression. She decided that it was either fight or flight and chose flight without a second thought. So, she made a dash toward her room screaming “I’m so sorry!”

 


“Sigh, kids these days.” Joohyun complained to herself before standing up to clean up the mess Yerim had caused.

 


‘Don’t get angry Joohyun, she was just trying to make something for you to eat.’

 


‘I know, and your invading my privacy again Seulgi.’ Joohyun knew Yerim only meant good and maybe, that’s why she could not really bring herself to get angry at the girl. Plus, having someone else living with her again should not be that bad. After her previous housemate had transferred to another branch, she had to move out of the apartment so it had been rather lonely for Joohyun.

 


‘You can always come to my apartment and live with me Joo Joo! I'll make you not feel lonely ever again!’

 


‘Can you just get the out of my mind! And what even is Joo Joo!’

 


‘I've thought of a nickname for you! Doesn’t Joo Joo sound cute?’

 


‘Argh! off Seulgi!’ Giggles were all she heard from Seulgi.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun may not be angry at Yerim but there was one person who needs to hear it from her and it is Park the freaking Sooyoung. 

 


“What the hell Sooyoung!” Joohyun exclaimed as she slammed a thick antique book on the table shocking Sooyoung.

 


“Y-yah! What the hell is wrong with you!” 

 


“What do you mean what the hell is with me, Sooyoung! What the hell is with you!”

 


“Hold up woman! What is going on and why are you what the hell-ing me? What did I do?” Sooyoung pointed to herself questioning Joohyun.

 


“You said ‘Small Fry’ Sooyoung, not small fly!”

 


“Ow, that. Well, did you kill him?”

 


“O-of course I did!” Thinking back, if it was not because of Seulgi, Joohyun probably would not have made it out alive that night.

 


Sooyoung felt something suspicious from how Joohyun had responded her but decided to brush it off as her interest was on something else. 

 


“By the way.”

 


“What"

 


“What’s with the big book, Hyun.”

 


“This book? I’m just looking for information on something.”

 


“What thing?”

 


“Sooyoung, do you anything about demon lords?” Okay, there is definitely something going on with Joohyun.

 


Sooyoung squinted her eyes eyeing Joohyun suspiciously before replying, “Yeah, I know a few things about them. What about it? Anything happen to you?”

 


“Nothing, was just suddenly interested in them.”

 


“Okay, well what do you wanna know about?”

 


“What exactly are demon lords and what do they do?”

 


“It’s kinda hard to explain what exactly they do but to put it simply, they are lords who govern the Inferno.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter