0.2: An Agreement?

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here she was, seating opposite a cute lady and actually having a late night snack of macaroni and cheese. ‘No no no, this shouldn’t be happening right? What the hell is going on! And why is she so cute!’ 

 


“What do you mean what the hell is going on? We're eating mac and cheese that’s what's going on!”

 


Her eyes widen as she looks at the demon lord in front of her incredulously. ‘She can even read my mind!'

 


“Well, what kind of demon lord am I if I can’t even do telepathy?” 

 


“Well then can you stop reading my mind?” Joohyun asked frustrated. 

 


“Why should I? You don’t even want to admit that you think I’m cute.” There she goes again, showing off that mega-watt smile with that heart fluttering eye smile. 

 


“You think my smile is cute and heart fluttering? Really?” The demon questioned her looking Joohyun in the eyes curiously. Feeling her cheeks heating up, Joohyun denied that the demon was anything but cute. “N-no! You’re not cute at all and can you stop reading my mind!” 

 


“Fine...” Seulgi pouted and picked up her fork. “but you almost destroyed my apartment though. The least you can do is not yell me, no? I even cooked you mac and cheese!”

 


Joohyun thought this really should not be happening, not when just ten minutes ago she was trying to behead the demon and did almost destroyed the whole apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

Ten Minutes Ago...

 

 

 

 

 

'A demon lord?' Joohyun questioned herself.  'Aren’t they supposed to be in the depths of hell?' 

 


“Not all demon lords are like that ya know. It gets boring after sometime.” 

 


Joohyun eyed her target suspiciously as she mentally say a prayer to enhance her speed and strength. Suddenly, time feelt as if it had slowed down and Joohyun quickly rushed to the demon with a quick dash.

 


She drew her sword out deciding to end the demon's life in one quick action but she was taken by surprised when the demon continued to look her straight in the eye. In one swift movement, the demon grabbed hold of Joohyun’s blade and swung her right out of the kitchen. “No one and I say it again, no one! Touches my kitchen! You do not come in uninvited and decide to ruin me and my snack!” 

 


Just as the demon lord stepped out of her kitchen, Joohyun threws her sword vertically towards the demon. The sword propels towards the demon and created a whirlwind destroying anything in its trajectory. It was supposed to be spinning its way back to her but the demon lord grabbed it and threw it away stabbing the wall in the living room right beside the television. “Whew, thank goodness or else even the TV would be gone.” She looks back to the demon slayer, “We can still sit down and have that late night snack. How about it? I'll even forgive you for what you did to my apartment.”

 


O' Knight of humility grand me thy prowess to destroy whoever comes my way.  

 

 

Joohyun prayed again as she leaped toward the demon once again with her hand reaching out calling for her sword to return to her. She grabbed the hilt of the sword and this time the blade glowed in an orange hue brightly as she slashed the sword sending bright orange-ish energy waves to the demon. 

 


The demon was not fazed as she stood there facing all the incoming sword beams. The result of the impact of an unstoppable force crashing into an immovable object created an explosion so strong it blew Joohyun away making her back hit the walls of the apartment unit. “Aw man, now the whole place is ed up.” The demon lord pouted as she complained. 

 


Joohyun took a quick look around the whole apartment and sure enough, the whole place did look destroyed...... except for the kitchen. She turned her attention back to the demon but found her missing only to have her suddenly appear before her grabbing both sides of her shoulder, “Maybe you should calm down and have some snacks with me. You know, have a chat and talk things out before you really end up destroying my living space" 

 


Sure, having late night snack does sound interesting but not when it’s with a demon and you are both in the middle of a fight. Joohyun decided to not give up without a fight as she pushed off the demon who took two steps back before she grabs her and gives her a big headbutt. 'Ouch! That hurts!' Joohyun winced as she took on a fighting stance. 

 


“You’re not going to give up unless I really make you give up huh?” With one eyebrow raised, the demon lord questioned her. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter