0.3: Who Is She Really?

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Give me your hand.” The demon lady instructed as a scroll materialised out of nowhere floating between the both of them above the table. Joohyun let the demon grabbed her left wrist with one hand as the demon suddenly materialised a fountain pen in her other hand. 

 


At first glance, the fountain pen seemed ordinary, maybe even beautiful as it had strings of gold encrusted coiling the body of the pen reaching until the gold made tip of the fountain pen. But, that was only to a normal person because any other demon slayer would beg to differ. In front of her was the Blood Pen of Contract. The specific pen is only used when demons sign life bound contracts. “What are you thinking using a blood pen you?”

 


“So you don’t go around spewing 'industrial secrets' to the church of course. Why would I risk having potential danger to myself? Did you really think I would let you give information to the church? Not a chance Bae.” 

 


“Wait! Hold on a second!” Joohyun shouted for her to stop but “Too late Joohyun!” The demon quickly injected the blood pen into Joohyun’s vein as she screamed from the pain inflicted. 

 


The demon pulled it out and injected the pen into her own veins before finally signing off the contract written on the scroll floating between them. “All done!” She exclaimed oozing off her excitement.

 


'I swear to god this demon would be the death of me one day!'

 

 

Joohyun pouted as she looked at the now exhilarated demon. “I do have a name you know, you can call me Seulgi so stop calling me demon from now on alright?” She continued to smile brightly at Joohyun.

 


“Maybe you should stop reading my mind from now on!” Joohyun retorted. Ignoring her, Seulgi continued her babbling on what they can do together. “Oh! I have an idea! How about we start now!”

 


“You mean now as in right now?” Joohyun frowned as she looked at Seulgi baffled.

 


“Yup! Right now! There’s a demon in the block right beside us. We can definitely go and kill him! He's a small fry Joohyun there’s nothing to worry about!” All of a sudden, realisation dawned upon Joohyun. 

 


“Hey, can you lend me a charger?” 

 


“Need to charge your phone? Lemme help you with that.” Joohyun gives Seulgi her phone and two seconds is all it took for her phone to be fully charged. She turned on the phone quickly and searched for the address of apartment unit she was supposed to be at. “Are we in Block B?”

 


“No Joohyun, this is Block A but the demon I was talking about is in Block B though"

 


“Ow...” Now it all made sense. Joohyun went to the wrong address and coincidentally, she ended up at the apartment of a demon lord. “Here’s a pro tip Joohyun, next time read the locations correctly before you start your mission.” 

 


“Well here’s a pro tip for you too Seulgi, next time stop reading someone else’s mind because you’re not respecting my privacy.”

 

 

"Ouch"

 

 

 

 

 

*******

 

 

 

 


When both Sooyoung and Seulgi had mentioned small fry, Joohyun had thought it was because the demon was only a few decades old not but it turns out, it was quite literally a ‘Small Fry'. 

 


‘What the hell Seulgi! Why didn’t you tell me about this?’ Joohyun complained as she tried to slash the fly-demon only to end up slashing nothing but air. 

 


‘You’ll just have to deal with it, I'll come and help after I’m done with the living room.’

 


Just before they have decided to head onto the address of the fly-demon, Seulgi had apparently decided that she should fix her half destroyed apartment first but Joohyun was impatient. 

 


She needed to slay the demon quick and make her report back to the church or things will start feeling suspicious as she had already taken quite a lot of time dealing with Seulgi beforehand. And so, Joohyun headed out first by herself without Seulgi but Seulgi had a hunch that things may not go smoothly so she had them both connect telepathically.

 


‘You should’ve at least given me a heads up you know.’ Because ‘clearly’, Joohyun would’ve came up with a plan to deal with the ‘Small Fry' of a demon if she had known. 

 


‘I did, didn’t I? I gave you spiritual container so he wouldn’t be able to escape the apartment.’

 


A spiritual container is a container that traps all things inside its confine. When set up, victims would not realise that they are trapped as the container is invisible and expands into a rather large area. It is only when victims have reached the ends of the container will they know that are trapped within a spiritual container.

 


To put it in simple terms, spiritual containers are similar to force fields that trapped people in fictional stories. 

 


‘Sigh, just quickly finish up your living room please. I don’t know how I’m going to slay him at all!’ 

 


‘Just hang in there alright? I’m almost done and, at least he’s not fighting back but it wouldn’t take long for him to figure out his trapped in the spiritual container so try to keep him in your range until then’

 


Joohyun did not respond as she busied herself with chasing the flying small size demon.

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile on Seulgi’s end...

 

 

 

 

 

“So, how long are you gonna stand there and act like you don’t exist?” Seulgi questioned to the person who had been eavesdropping on her and Joohyun before then.

 


“What do you think you are doing Lord Seulgi? What is the meaning of this? Are you thinking of betraying your own race!” The person revealed himself to her as he accused her of betrayal. 

 


“Why, if it isn’t the crown prince of pride, Taeyongie! What made you come here?” Seulgi ignored him and waved her left hand from right to left as everything previously destroyed in the apartment was magically restored back to their original state.

 


To Taeyong, it was as if he was watching everything being destroyed played backwards as it all becomes as good as new. 

 


“Don’t change the topic here Lord Seulgi, what were you thinking? Teach a demon slayer? Are you crazy!”

 


“So what if I am? You gonna stop me?” 

 


“Lord Jiyong would not be pleased to hear of this.” Taeyong threatened.

 


“Tell the Lord of Pride that I don’t give two flying s about him and don’t come into my apartment uninvited anymore. I don’t need a watch dog to report my each and every action. Do you need me to remind you that I’m a lord as well, Taeyong?” 

 


When Seulgi had questioned him, her pitch dropped so low it sent shivers down Taeyong's spine.

 


 “Leave now, I still have other matters to attend to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter