2.4: Purify

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s a story for later, Joo Joo!” Sooyoung shouted as she threw her huge mallet at a shelled demon, cracking the shells in the process.

 


“I have a dinner to catch!” She continued as she pounced on the demon breaking his shells messily.

 


“I don’t mind, Sooyoung. You can go crazy on them.” Seulgi said giving her permission.

 


“Alright then, if you say so!” Sooyoung responded as she threw the demon from her grip to the other demons to knock them off. Seulgi quickly moved over to Joohyun and covered her eyes. 

 


“What the! Why are you covering my eyes!” She yelled as she tried to remove Seulgi's hands.

 


“You might not want to see this.” When Joohyun did remove her hands, Sooyoung had already gone missing and was replaced with what looked to be huge humanoid beast with a long and huge pure white mane, long enough to reach below her shoulder blades. 

 


The white beast trashed around the weak demons and crunched on them every chance she could as they cowered and tried to escape from her vice claws. For the ones with hard shells and exoskeleton, her mallet would flew back to her hand and she would use it to crush them.

 


“Comeback here! I’m not done with you!” She shouted as she leaped to it just like how an apex predator would to its prey. 

 


“See? Told you, you wouldn’t like it.” Seulgi explained as she looked at Joohyun’s horrified expression. Seungwan on the other hand finally could not hold it as she removed her jingum from the ground. 

 


“T-that’s a guardian, right? Am I really seeing a guardian right in front me?” She pointed out completely shocked by the appearance of a mystical guardian.

 


“Yup, that really is a mystical guardian over there. A really hungry one.” Seulgi confirmed as the three of them looked over to the white beast cleaning out the swarm of demons in a quicker pace than both Joohyun and Seungwan combined. 

 


“Wait a second, that’s Sooyoung?” Joohyun questioned as realisation suddenly dawned upon her. Seulgi who stood beside her nodded her head and both Seungwan and Joohyun were shocked for different reasons.

 


Seungwan was shocked because she had known Sooyoung for years but she never would have thought or even detect the slightest bit that Sooyoung was a mystical guardian.

 


Joohyun on the other hand was shocked because the Sooyoung she knew -even though has crazy tendencies at times- was all ladylike but damn, that was a beast right in front of her eyes. Mystical guardian beast? Whatever that was, she had never heard of it.

 


Sooyoung was biting off the wing of a demon when she was suddenly shot by bullets from Jeongyeon’s Glocks. Her Sapphire coloured eyes gleamed as she successfully ripped of the wings of her prey. She turned to look at Jeongyeon then looked back to Seulgi as if asking ‘Is she on the menu?’

 


Before Seulgi could even answer her, the both of them suddenly felt a change in the tension around the air. 

 


“Oh .” Seulgi cussed.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Yerim was about to make it to the exit of the assembly hall when the walls of white flame extinguished. Just when she was about to make it, a demon spotted her and grabbed her before she could dodge him.

 


The demon then threw them harshly to the ground as Yerim hugged Saeron tightly , careful not to let her get hurt by the throw. As she crashed into the ground, Yerim could feel her bone cracked. 

 


“Ugh! God damn you!” She cussed but there was nothing she could do, she had to carry Saeron and her guns were left at Jeongyeon’s apartment. Joohyun and the others were too far away and waiting for them to come would be too late for her. 

 


So she stood back up, with Saeron on her back this time. She prayed silently to the virtues of Diligence, Charity and Humility to bless her with the strength and speed to go pass the demon in front of her. A red aura mixed with purple started growing around her as she put one feet behind the other, eyeing the demons gathering in front of her and getting ready to make a run for it and sprint.

 


The ground beneath her feet broke as she lifted them, dashing and dodging the demons coming for her. She blinked from one place to another and dodged as nimbly as she could. Yerim was never strong with the virtues -her faith was not strong enough- hence why she was a sharpshooter instead as they do not require as much prayers in battles like the blade masters and lancers do -seriously, they use the already blessed bullets more than they say their prayers- but Yerim sure hope she was strong with the virtues right now.

 


It was when she finally made it to the entrance of the assembly hall when she felt a change in weight behind her. Turning her head back as much as she could, Yerim saw Saeron's body stabbed by the long claws of a humanoid demon. Blood was splurting everywhere as Yerim quickly stopped her movement to check on Saeron and red was all she saw.

 


‘Why is this always happening to me?’ 

 


‘Why always the people around me?’

 


‘Am I really so useless?’ 

 


Hate and despair consumed Yerim as her tainted soul became more and more contaminated. The dark aura and black smokes started gathering around her as demons came at her. 

 


A sudden shriek from her blew the incoming demons away when the anger, rage, hate and despair finally completely consumed her whole. She dropped Saeron onto the ground and entered the fray violently attacking everyone and everything. 

 


“Look at her, she's natural ! She doesn’t even need the sacrifice and ritual at all!” Suddenly, Jeongyeon did not sound like herself anymore as she spoke the demonic language with a man’s voice. Dark smoke was oozing off her as her eyes changed to those of a glowing Amber.

 


“Joohyun, grab Yerim and make sure she stays put. Seungwan, go and check up on Saeron. I assume you have a healing prayer. No?” Joohyun immediately followed Seulgi's orders but Seungwan stayed put and questioned Seulgi.

 


“What about you? Deal with her?” 

 


“Him, she’s not herself right now and I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter