3.0: Gone

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you in my apartment?” Joohyun asked but not surprised as she took a bite of the toast in her hand, looking at Seulgi who sat on the couch in the living room from the kitchen.

 


“Well, I don’t know.” Seulgi had looked so differently then when she replied her. It was different from the way she would usually look at her, the usual Seulgi smiles teasingly at her whenever their eyes met but the Seulgi who had been standing in her living room gave her such a troubled look. 

 


“What’s the problem with you? Suddenly trespassing into my apartment then say you don’t know why you’re here.” Joohyun tried to play it off with nonchalance to change up the mood.

 


“I-I don’t know, I really don’t. I’ve been thinking about you for a whole night and then suddenly I’m here.” Seulgi knew something had changed, the both of them were only supposed to be teacher and student, mentor and mentee but somewhere along the line they had gone a different way. 

 


Seulgi found herself liking the times she had spent with Joohyun, teasing her was always fun and being close to her was even better. It had been a long time since she last had an actual interaction with anyone so maybe having an actual person to interact with had been the reason she was like this, or so she thought. 

 


Joohyun could feel it either, she was supposed to hate demons -she still does, except for when it comes to Seulgi- but being with Seulgi felt different, it felt like she was too human to be a demon. Seulgi may have shown demonic traits but she had been nothing but a protector and an annoying person to her.

 


At first, Joohyun had felt annoyed by Seulgi’s constant teasing but she had learned to bear with it after awhile and sometimes when the chance arrives, she would tease back. Like the one time last week where they were having ice cream after their hospital visit to Yerim. Seulgi had ice cream all over her face when she took a bite of the ice cream and Joohyun had saw her ridiculous look before she pointed it out and laughed at her. 

 


Seulgi even blushed when Joohyun used her tissue to wipe her face, she assumed Seulgi was embarrassed but Seulgi supposed Joohyun does not need to know of her reasons. 

 


“W-what the hell are you talking about?” Joohyun blushed as the thought of Seulgi having only thoughts about her. 

 


It has been two weeks since the church incident, Seulgi and Joohyun had been visiting Yerim and Saeron who were still stuck in the hospital due to injuries on a daily basis, Jeongyeon had it worst as she had not wake up from her comatose. After having been saved by Seulgi, Yerim had became much more willing to interact and actually befriend Seulgi but things were progressing step by step in the moment as she still could not process the idea of a human befriending a demon. 

 


Saeron on the other hand was beyond grateful to Seulgi who had saved Yerim, she had heard of the incident from Seungwan after she woke up from he unconscious state. 

 


“So you like it when I think about you?” There it was, her teasing smile and tone of voice came out in an instant. Without having to take a step, Seulgi was suddenly in front of Joohyun wearing a big eating grin on her face.

 


“Do you think about me too, Joo Joo?” Joohyun may not have shown any reaction but she had came to notice that during the last two weeks, Seulgi had taken a liking to hold her fingers when they were together. Especially when Seungwan is around, Seulgi would never let go of Joohyun and when Seungwan tried to even move one step toward them, Seulgi would pull Joohyun one step back and glare at her.

 


“What are you doing?” Joohyun would ask when she does that but never refute her and all Seulgi would do was show her that megawatt smile.

 


“N-no, I don’t think about you at all.” Joohyun denied as she separated herself from Seulgi to go to her bedroom and dress up to get ready for the day. 

 

 

 

 

 


*****

 

 

 

 

 


‘What are you looking at?’ Seulgi asked telepathically when she saw Sooyoung looking at her skeptically holding Joohyun’s finger as they sat beside Yerim’s bed. Seungwan was retailing her past high class profile cases animatedly to Saeron and Yerim as the both of them including Joohyun listen attentively to her.

 


‘Nothing.’ She shook her head disapprovingly before she continued, ‘Look at you, so pitiful. Clinging onto her yet she doesn’t give you any attention.’ She mocked as she gave Seulgi an overly sad face.

 


‘None of your business, Sooyoung.’

 

 

'Excuse me, it's Joy Park now. I'm a demon slayer now, remember?'

 

 

Seulgi squinted her eyes as she eyed Sooyoung before she turned back to listen to Seungwan. She laid her head on Joohyun’s shoulder before she snuggled her head on the crook of Joohyun’s neck. Sooyoung noticed Joohyun’s body stiffened for a second before she relaxed and gave in eventually leaning her head on Seulgi's.

 


No one of the other three seemed to feel uncomfortable by their subtle actions, it seemed as though this had been a normal sight for them so Sooyoung did not bother about it. After all, she believed the both of them deserved this small moment of peace before Seulgi takes her leave. 

 


“Park Sooyoung!” Joohyun yelled her name out after having called her name for a few times without any response. Sooyoung looked on startled by the sudden shout of her name before she walked over to them and hushed her.

 


“We’re in the hospital, Joohyun. Keep quite will you?” She teased as she too took a seat around Yerim and Saeron’s beds. 

 


“I’ve just remembered about something, what are you exactly?” Joohyun asked, suddenly intrigued by Sooyoung’s true identity. 

 


“Sigh, alright. Everyone, sit tight cause I’m about to explain who I am and I’m going to say it only once.” All of them except for Seulgi leaned in with focused expressions as they anticipat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter