in which they all lived happily ever after

Tales of the Outside World

The weather was spectacular on the day of Chaewon's wedding. 

The sun was shining down, the air warm but not too overwhelmingly hot. Flowers and leaves were gently drifting from the trees onto the soft ground in the most beautiful of the castle gardens. 

Chaewon watched all of this from her room, her blonde hair flowing out of her window. She looked down to see the preparations, the chairs and archways. It was stunning but simple; both Hyejoo (they were all still getting used to calling her by that name instead of Olivia) and Chaewon had insisted on a simple wedding. But the garden was beginning to fill with guests; they had invited the entire kingdom to their ceremony. 

A knock on her door brought Chaewon out of her thoughts. She sat up and rushed to it, opening to see way more people than expected: it was everyone she met along her journey, everyone she cherished and loved.

"Chaewon!" Yeojin shouted, tackling her sister in a tight hug. 

"Ow!" Chaewon cried, the hilt of the young princess's new sword smacking against her thigh. 

"Sorry!" Yeojin whined. 

"Be careful with that!" Yerim answered, going to give Chaewon a hug. 

Since the council Yerim had been promoted to director of the squires, despite her young age. She was quite busy but in her free time she'd been spending a lot of time with Yeojin. The two had become fast friends since meeting, and Yerim had been teaching her how to use a sword. Unlike her sister, Yeojin had shown a natural talent for it. 

"Chaewon! Good luck!" Jiwoo cried, running into the sister and hugging her tight. 

"Congratulations. If anyone could have done this, it would be you," Sooyoung added. The barmaid and bar owner had taken their first day off in years to attend the royal wedding, even bringing their stores of beer for the guests. 

"Chaewon, you look so pretty!" Jinsoul said, stealing Sooyoung and Jiwoo's spot for a hug. 

"The kingdom will surely prosper under you," Jungeun added. As soon as Hyejoo was given her freedom she had contacted the couple. They quit pirating, and Jungeun had been quickly reinstated as a knight of the Kingdom of Eden, and Jinsoul was now a lady in waiting. 

"We have sent all of our blessings to you," Heejin spoke, and Hyunjin nodded. Chaewon smiled back at them; she had decriminalized witchcraft as soon as she had some power, trying to educate the kingdom about the truth about witches. She had also made the two women the castle healers, ousting the old healers who had tried to cure her of the 'witch magic'. 

Just then Vivi stood before the princess, her long, intricately patterned dress flowing. Wordlessly, her and Chaewon shared a hug. 

After everything, Chaewon's first task was to reinstate Vivi to her noble status. She still lived in the castle, though, and she and Haseul were able to start their relationship once again. Although they kept it mostly secret, afraid of anymore uproar other than the chaos that was already going on, both Vivi and Haseul were happier than Chaewon had ever seen. 

"Thank you," Vivi mumbled. 

"No, thank you," Chaewon answered. 

"Excuse me!" Hyejoo suddenly piped up, everyone turning to her. "Don't you think it's only fair that the future wife of the princess heir can see her spouse?" 

"Hyejoo! Isn't this bad luck?" Chaewon cried, her and Hyejoo holding hands. 

"You're not in your dress yet; it's okay," Hyejoo answered, pecking Chaewon's cheek. 

"Oh, the gentle princess-general," Chaewon teased. 

Hyejoo, too, was the happiest Chaewon had ever seen. After the wedding she will claim the title of princess-general, complimentary to Chaewon's title of princess-heir. Both of them had been extremely busy, as Hyejoo had been reinstated as a knight as was undergoing training to be their general, as well as getting to know her father and new family. But it didn't matter. They were just happy to be with each other, free as they had ever been. 

"Alright everyone, the wedding is in two hours!" Haseul cried, everyone turning to the queen with a smile. "I have to get my daughter ready. Now shoo, shoo!" She called, and everyone obediently filed out of the room. 

Once they were gone she shut the door, calling Chaewon over. She helped her daughter slip on her simple white dress, one Chaewon had commissioned specifically because it looked so much like that ratty white nightgown she'd worn on her journey. 

As her mom helped button up the back, Chaewon thought about how different things were. If things hadn't changed at all, Chaewon would probably have been getting married around this time anyways. But it would have been in a big musty chapel, to a man she wouldn't and couldn't love, refusing to let her mother help her, most likely crying into Yeojin and Vivi's shoulders. Goodness, she was grateful things had turned out this way. All it had taken was a lot of luck and a little bravery. 

"Come, let me do your hair," Haseul said softly. Chaewon sat at her vanity as her mother stood behind her. Haseul's fingers in her blonde hair felt strange; she so used to Vivi doing her hair at this point, but it made her smile. It felt right too. "Chaewon," she gently started, parting the hair into three sections. "Thank you for standing up for what I couldn't. You're the bravest woman I've ever known." 

Chaewon grinned into the mirror, not wanting to turn for fear she'd mess things up. "You did your best, mom. You started the work, I just finished it." 

Haseul finally tied off her braid with that eden green bow and gave her a smile. "Now it's time. Go get married, happily." 

And she did. And so, they all lived happily ever after. 

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: whelp....that's it! Thank you so much to all of my readers, subscribers, upvoters, and commenters! it makes me feel so, so happy when people read and enjoy my stories. what did you all think?? let me know in the comments down below! 

my next loona story is going to be called the biggest little city! it's about jinsoul going to live in a casino for a month, and her and other teens have no supervision just running around a casino by themselves. ot12 show up but lipsoul focused. you can find it here!

again thank you all so much for everything! 

until next time, RainbowDonkeys