Crew

Ocean's 10
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi and Yongsun sat on a bench at the front row of a car racing event. As everyone was on board with the heist that Byulyi had planned, the two women spend a day outside recruiting people to join their crew. Namjoo, Wheein and Hyejin wanted to join them as those kids were very excited about a new heist, but Byulyi made sure they stay in school. And Byulyi had made sure Hyejin stayed out of trouble.

 

"Our girl's in the red car, watch her." Yongsun whispered and Byulyi kept her eyes only on the red car.

 

Byulyi was impressed by how the woman in the red car fared. She has very remarkable skills, doing sharp turns at corners and keeping her opponents behind her. She drove in a way such that no one could overtake her and even if they do, she never let them overtake her second time.

 

As expected, the red car came in first and the two woman headed to the rest area, looking for the woman who just won a grand prize for her amazing driving skills.

 

"Park Chorong!" Yongsun screamed at the top of her lungs.

 

"Yongsunie!" Chorong gulped down the last of her water before running over to Yongsun and Byulyi.

 

"Are you free afterwards?" Asked Yongsun.

 

"'Course. Hey, I'll go collect my prize and you can introduce us later." Chorong smiled at Byulyi before making her way to the tracks.

 

The three women met again at a cafe after Chorong went home to freshen up.

 

"Rong, this is Byulyi. Byulyi, this is Chorong." Yongsun introduced her friends to each other and they shared comfortable silences.

 

"So what's up?" Chorong broke the silence after taking a sip of her hot latte.

 

"We're here to ask if you'd like to join our crew." Yongsun flashed a smile.

 

"What's in it for me?" 

 

Byulyi chimed in, "You get a huge amount of money."

 

"I just won several hundred thousands of dollars at a car racing event."

 

Byulyi stared right into Chorong's eyes, "What if I tell you you'll get millions of dollars? I'm talking fifty."

 

"I'm in." Chorong leaned back against her chair, smiling at Byulyi and Yongsun.

 

"I shall let you know that besides driving us around, you'll also be flying a helicopter. So you can use your several hundred thousands of dollars to enroll yourself in a helicopter flying class." Byulyi let out a laugh when she saw Chorong's eyes widened, her jaw almost reached the floor.

 

Byulyi and Yongsun left Chorong in the cafe as they continued to search for people to join them. They were lucky enough that Chorong was easy going and agreed to join them without any fuss.

 

• • •

 

Byulyi snorted. "Seriously, unnie? A safe-cracking company? They're licensed." 

 

"Yes, except that she isn't even working for this company." Yongsun eyed the red haired woman who was on a phone call. 

 

Byulyi's eyes widened. The red haired woman was wearing the uniform of the company and was acting as if she knows everything about the company. Recruiting this woman would be easy, then, because technically she's already one of them.

 

"I'm going to Mr Kim's place now!" She announced and carried her tools with her. 

 

Byulyi and Yongsun observed the woman for a bit, and noticed that she must get along well with everybody, considering how she and her colleagues joke from time to time and they all looked happy with the woman around.

 

The office fell into silence as the red haired woman left to go to said Mr Kim's. Byulyi and Yongsun quickly caught up with her.

 

"What's your name, safe-cracker?" Yongsun put an arm around the woman who was taken aback by the two charismatic women.

 

"Wha...?" 

 

"I've been observing you, and you don't work for this company." Yongsun smirked.

 

"Excuse me? Do you see this?" She pointed at her chest, where the company logo was printed on.

 

"Yeah, a uniform that you stole from the lockers while the manager was in the washroom." Again, she was met with Yongsun's smirk, and a brow raise.

 

"Fine, what do you want?" 

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Yoon Bomi." 

 

"Bomi-ah, why don't you just join this company full time?" Byulyi asked, genuinely want to know the story behind Bomi. If she was going to recruit this brilliant woman here, she needed to know her story.

 

"The pay is little, what else?"

 

"What, so you'd steal from the customers' safe?" 

 

"If there are expensive and valuable things, yes. You'd be shocked by the number of people who put cash and jewelry in their safe and then forgot the password. Man, I'm still using the money from a single piece of diamond necklace I stole last year!" Bomi clapped like a seal and unleashed a husky laughter. The older women were amused by Bomi.

 

"If I tell you I have a job for you and you can earn fifty million dollars just by cracking one safe, would you join my crew?"

 

Bomi looked at Byulyi with a puzzled expression, "Crew? What are you, some heist planner?" 

 

Byulyi raised a brow and gave a small smile.

 

"Oh. My. God. Uh, hell yes!" Bomi started jumping up and down, obviously unable to contain her excitement.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter