Brave

Ocean's 10
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji, Wheein and Solar were out painting on benches and stools around the radius of the hotel, getting ready for the heist tonight. 

 

Hwasa and Hayoung were taking a rest, after several nights of creating blindspots on the security cameras and changing the angles of a few other cameras that were outside the hotel building. 

 

Byulyi and Namjoo were studying the blueprint of the hotel again and again and again to make sure that they don't miss out anything that could give their identity or presence away during the heist. Chorong, Bomi and Naeun were listening to them, as they also play a big part during the heist. Chorong needed to pick them up at the rooftop at an exact time and Bomi needed to focus on cracking the safe open. Naeun needs to get the girls into the rooms without getting caught by the camera or the guards.

 

When they decided to call it a night early to ensure everyone gets a good night's rest, well, except for Eunji who still had a club to run until at least past midnight, Chorong was sitting at the corner of the work space.

 

Bomi who was about to head home noticed the older woman wasn't going anywhere, so she approached her, "Hey, unnie, why are you sitting here alone?"

 

"There's butterflies in my stomach. I don't feel so good."

 

"Oh, you're that happy to have me around you!"

 

"No, I think it's the nerves."

 

When Bomi realised Chorong was being serious, she felt bad for a second and quickly turned serious as well.

 

"Are you worried about tomorrow?"

 

Chorong nodded and exhaled while holding her chest.

 

Bomi side hugged Chorong, trying to help her calm her nerves.

 

"You're going to be alright, unnie... I know it's hard, because trust me, I'm a criminal, ha... But if you get through this, you can get through anything."

 

Chorong was having a brutal realization, one that made her feel guilty. Her parents didn't raise her to be a criminal. She loved driving and car racing, how did it get to this point? Was the prize money from winning the car racing event every year too little for her or was she just blinded by the fact that she will have fifty million dollars by the end of tomorrow for just flying a chopper? Chorong didn't know.

 

"Do you want to be alone?" Bomi asked when the older woman didn't say anything and was just focusing on her breathing.

 

Chorong shook her head, "No, I feel better having you by my side."

 

"Okay, I'll stay by your side."

 

And just like this, the two women sat next to each other, just enjoying each other's warmth until they eventually fell asleep.

 

• • •

 

The day has finally come. After weeks of preparing and countless of sleepless nights, the day to pull the perfect heist has come. Byulyi barely slept, she was up all night going through the plans and trying to memorise every single detail in her head. They decided to steal the jewelry the night before instead of a few hours before the exhibition to lessen the chance of being caught.

 

If everything goes well, she'll be visiting Seulgi tomorrow, for the first time since she died.

 

Each woman has something that they're looking forward to after the heist. Something that motivates them to keep hanging in there until the heist.

 

Solar was looking forward to confessing to Byulyi and start a new life with her, even though she's more nervous than anticipating.

 

Eunji was planning to close the underground club and open up a gym centre. She also hoped to run the gym centre together with her younger brother.

 

Bomi was planning to open a restaurant alongside Namjoo and Wheein, who love food as much as she does, if not more. Together, these three are like rays of sunshine that will light up the entire city.

 

Hwasa was planning to buy a bigger and nicer apartment so she could finally stop living in the crappy place with her parents who could not care any lesser about her.

 

Naeun was planning to open a boutique selling her own collection that she will design herself. She was also planning to ask Namjoo if she wants to join her because the younger woman has a knack for designing.

 

Chorong was planning to buy a bigger apartment for herself as well as one for her parents. She also wanted to form her own professional car racing team. Chorong is well known within the car racing circle, getting sponsors and people to join her team wouldn't be difficult.

 

Hayoung was planning to open her own internet cafe and asking Namjoo to be her girlfriend as soon as they are done with the heist. Opening an internet cafe has been the only thing in her mind since joining the crew, but that can wait awhile more. She didn't want to make Namjoo wait any longer.

 

Byulyi... Byulyi was just looking forward to visiting Seulgi. She wanted to tell her younger sister how much she missed her and how she let the guilt consume her that she could barely sleep every night. She wanted to tell her younger sister how sorry she was for putting the blame on her and never had the courage to go see her at her grave. Then, Byulyi would be ready to start a new life. With a certain someone that has been waiting for her for so many years.

 

According to Namjoo, all the jewelry have been moved to the hotel rooms. Namjoo overhead Irene telling the guards to head home and rest so that they would have ample rest for the exhibition the next day. People would think they'd put guards to guard the rooms throughout the night, but in reality, they leave everything to the security cameras and leave a spare key in the guards' locker room. But in this case, the spare key would be in Yuri's office.

 

Chorong dropped them off at the hotel and headed to the helicopter training academy. Byulyi had rented a helicopter for her to use. She was told by Byulyi that if everything goes smoothly, they should be done within an hour and a half. Chorong must be there at the rooftop, all ready to go before they do.

 

They've decided to enter the hotel and to the rooms separately through different routes as they did not want to draw attention to themselves, even though most of the guests were already in their room. But Byulyi said that makes it more dangerous because they definitely did not want to alert the guests.

 

"Who wants to climb up to the rooms with me?" Naeun raised her arm, obviously excited, but everyone was either looking away or pretending to be using their phones.

 

Solar exhaled, "The lightest people should climb up." Solar eyed Namjoo, but being a student in an acting major, of course she was going to use it to her advantage.

 

"Ah! My legs hurt, I can't climb."

 

"Byulyi and I are old, Eunji needs to stay with us in case someone attacks us, Bomi can't climb up because she needs to relax before cracking the safe open, Hwasa and Hayoung need to stay with us to make sure we don't get caught on any cameras, Wheein is too clumsy to be doing such a delicate job, so, Namjoo, tag you're it!" Solar tapped on Namjoo's shoulder, and the younger woman slapped her hand away but was too slow, so she slapped her own shoulder instead. As expected of Comedienne Namjoo.

 

Namjoo rolled her eyes so hard she probably saw her brain. But before she could say anything back, Naeun pulled her along to the back of the building, leaving the others to go in like any normal people would.

 

"Unnie, must we really climb up?" Namjoo looked up at the building.

 

"It's actually really fun, climbing buildings like that. I used to scare my friends by showing up at their windows while they were working at the office!" Naeun smiled and grabbed Namjoo to one of the pipes, helping her up and making sure she was safe before climbing up as well.

 

Hwasa, Hayoung, Chorong and Byulyi used the master keycard that the maknaes coded using the expired keycard to take the passenger lift to the hotel rooms. Wheein made a bold move, stealing a card from one of the staff working near the concierge so she, Solar, Bomi and Eunji could take the staff lift up.

 

The younger woman was scolded by Byulyi for making a bold and dangerous move like that during the heist. But they proceeded to take the lifts in two groups, both groups making their way up to the hotel rooms where Naeun and Namjoo were.

 

Namjoo must have misheard what Irene said because there were guards guarding the rooms that were used to hold the jewelry. Instead of having the whole crew of guards go home, Irene must've put them on rotating shifts. Getting into one of the rooms was easy for Naeun and Namjoo, but the others now had a problem.

 

"Can we set off an alarm somewhere, so the guards have to leave their posts and go take a look?" Hayoung whispered as they were hiding out at the corner of the corridor. 

 

"It's dangerous to set something off when most of the guests are in their rooms." Byulyi said. "Did Namjoo say anything?" Byulyi asked, her question directed at Eunji.

 

"Namjoo said she will distract the guards, but we must be quick. The rooms are adjoined so enter whichever room and we can meet inside." Eunji read the text that Namjoo sent. 

 

Naeun helped Namjoo out the window so she could go one level down and maybe fake something to get the guards' attention. Fortunately, there were only two, so it should be easy for the younger woman.

 

Once Namjoo was at the office level, she looked for something that she could use or take. Of course she had to run into the person that she didn't want to run into-Irene.

 

"Namjoo? Why are you here?" Irene walked up to Namjoo who was in a matching Adidas hoodie and sweatpants.

 

"I... I left my wallet here. I'm meeting a friend for supper around the area. What are you doing here so late, unnie?" Actress Namjoo lied, and fortunately Irene seemed to believe her.

 

"I'm working out a few details for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter