Now

Ocean's 10
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji and Solar were out running errands for Byulyi, it's been awhile since the two spent some time alone and they were happy even if it's only for awhile.

 

Eunji groaned as she put big cans of paints into the trunk of the car. "Ugh, remind me why we had to buy these paint supplies and also remind me again why I'm the one who has to carry these?"

 

"You're the strongest among us." Solar massaged Eunji's sore muscular arms.

 

"I didn't train and workout to carry paints, unnie!"

 

They got into the car and rested for awhile while thinking of which cafe to go, although they should be heading back to the work space right after purchasing the paint supplies like what Byulyi told them to.

 

Eunji took a piece of tissue to wipe away the sweat that were dripping from her face, "But really, why did Byulyi unnie want these paints for?"

 

"She wants us to paint all the benches, anything that people can lean on near the hotel and mall so that we don't risk having potential witnesses."

 

Eunji nodded, "Well, that's brilliant."

 

"Well, that's Byulyi."

 

Solar started the car and decided to head to one of her favorite cafe.

 

"Speaking of Byulyi unnie..."

 

Solar put up a finger, "Don't."

 

"What? I didn't finish my sentence."

 

"I know what you want to say. So don't."

 

"Seriously? How long has it been, unnie?"

 

"You're hanging by a thin thread here, Jung Eunji."

 

Usually, Eunji would be terrified when Solar calls her by her full name, but this time, she knows the older woman was vulnerable, so she decided to push it more.

 

"If you don't want me or the younger ones to bug you about it, then you should do something."

 

"It's not the right time."

 

"There's no right time, unnie. It's either now or never."

 

"Then never, okay? Can we stop talking about it?"

 

"No. Why don't you confess to Byulyi unnie?"

 

"She has more important things to do, and I respect that."

 

"You're just afraid of rejection and the fact that you and Byulyi unnie would become awkward if she rejects you."

 

Solar stopped the car by the side of the road, "Stop it before I drag you out of the car. I mean it, Eunji. I'm not kidding."

 

Eunji rolled her eyes so hard she probably saw her brain.

 

"Whatever. You wouldn't be so miserable if you're like Namjoo or Hayoung. Look how happy they are even though they couldn't date for now. You've been a coward for years and I'm not surprised you didn't grow a pair of balls while Byulyi unnie was in prison."

 

Solar sighed and continued driving. She knew whatever Eunji said was true. She let her cowardice engulf her for so long even though she always knew she might have a future with Byulyi if she would just man up and confess to her.

 

"If this is indeed the perfect heist and everyone makes it out alive, I'll confess."

 

A faint smile appeared on Eunji's face, "Then you'd better start working on your confession." Eunji said without looking at the older woman.

 

• • •

 

"Are you already in her computer?" Asked Hwasa who was munching on some fries next to Hayoung.

 

"Yeah, I'm in."

 

It was already past midnight when Hwasa and Hayoung hacked into Yuri's computer.

 

Namjoo yawned for the nth time that night. She'd been watching the maknaes try to hack into the hotel's systems.

 

"Unnie, are you sure you don't want to go back to your dorm first? You have work in the morning."

 

"I'm alright. Besides, I have the day off tomorrow. Do you want to eat anything?" Namjoo turned to Hwasa, "Stop eating all the food! Share some with Hayoung too."

 

"YA! Just because you both like each other doesn't mean you can bully me like this!" Hwasa threw an empty candy wrapper at Namjoo but it went over her head instead of hitting her in the face.

 

"I don't want you to be too tired." Hayoung turned serious.

 

"Do you want me to go? Am I making you uncomfortable?" Namjoo suddenly felt sad as Eunji's words about her being paranoid all the time and not giving her any freedom in a relationship surfaced in her mind.

 

Hwasa mumbled a you sure are making me uncomfortable but was completely ignored like always.

 

"No, no. But if you feel tired, you should go, okay?"

 

Namjoo nodded. She wanted to get a cup of coffee but Hayoung pulled her back.

 

"Hey, unnie... What happened to Byulyi unnie's sister, Seulgi unnie?" Hayoung whispered to Namjoo, although she didn't need to.

 

Namjoo hesitated, "I thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter