Reflection

Ocean's 10
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Returning to Eunji's work space, they found Hayoung sitting in front of the computer playing Sudden Attack. She paused the game and her eyes searched for Namjoo's.

 

"I think she wants to talk to you." Byulyi whispered by Namjoo's ears.

 

"I don't want to, unnie. I'm scared." Namjoo held on to Byulyi's hands, no intention of letting go.

 

"Just listen to whatever she has to say, okay?" Byulyi ruffled Namjoo's hair and went to Eunji's loft, leaving the two younger women alone.

 

"Sit with me, unnie." Hayoung pulled out the empty chair next to her.

 

Namjoo sat down and took a deep breath.

 

"I like you too, unnie, so much."

 

"Byulyi unnie told you to say that so I wouldn't be so heartbroken, didn't she?"

 

"No. It's true, my feelings for you are real. I was attracted to you the moment our eyes met. You know, before I was invited to join this crew, I thought that my dream will never come true. But now, I have a chance. I can open my own internet cafe and make my dream come true."

 

"What... What does that have to do with us?" 

 

"Unnie... Before I met you, I only had one thing in my mind and that's opening an internet cafe. The best internet cafe in Seoul. But since meeting you and having feelings for you, you made me forget about that. Every time when you're around me, you make me forget about everything. You make me forget about the whole world. You make me feel something else and I don't want that, not right now. I really want that money, Namjoo unnie."

 

Hayoung held Namjoo's hands, trying to be as gentle as possible.

 

Namjoo sniffed, "Can you at least tell me we can talk about this after the heist? So that my worried heart can calm down?"

 

"We can talk about this after the heist. And I mean it." Hayoung placed a kiss on Namjoo's cheek, and she did it so quickly it's like she didn't do anything.

 

They spent the remaining afternoon in the work space, with Namjoo watching Hayoung continue playing Sudden Attack even though she knows nothing about the game.

 

• • •

 

"UMMAAAAAAA! SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL! WHAT IS THIS? YA PARK CHORONG STOP DOING THAT!" Bomi and Chorong were in a helicopter high up in the sky.

 

Chorong had gotten very good at flying a helicopter so she was able to do it alone with the instructor at the side, but since she promised Bomi she'd bring her for a ride in the skies, the instructor trusted Chorong with the helicopter.

 

And since Chorong had gotten very good at flying a helicopter, she decided to have some fun by flying upside down every few minutes. Bomi could've swore she peed her pants, but she wasn't sure. 

 

The older woman was having fun, it was like seeing herself during the first few lessons.

 

Of course, being the good student that Chorong was, she remembered a helicopter could fly upside down for a few moments, as they could not sustain inverted flight and seeing how Bomi's face was stained with dried tears, she decided to call it a day. 

 

Once they touched the ground, Bomi started crying again. 

 

Chorong laughed, "Ya... Why are you crying? We're on the ground!" 

 

"I hate you, Park Chorong! You knew it's my first time on a helicopter yet you decided to bully me!"

 

"Hey! I'm your unnie! If it makes you feel better, may I remind you that I was exactly like you during my first lesson?"

 

"I still hate you."

 

"No, you don't."

 

"Yes, I do."

 

"No, you don't."

 

"YES, I DO!"

 

"NO, YOU DON'T!" Chorong released a dolphin scream which almost, almost shocked Bomi to death.

 

"Are you trying to kill me on the ground because you didn't kill me in the skies?!" Bomi paused, "But fine, I don't hate you."

 

"I knew it!" 

 

They got out of the helicopter and made their way towards the resting area. Chorong grabbed a bottle of water for herself and Bomi. "Do you have anywhe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter