Return Of The Moon

Ocean's 10
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi stepped out of the gates and inhaled the fresh air that had just kissed her face. She loved the unobstructed views of the clear blue skies and the smell of fresh air that wasn't filled with the stench of sewage and food that were almost rotten. She was no longer surrounded by four white walls. Three years was an ambiguous amount of time but Byulyi had made good use of her time in prison. 

 

"Congrats on getting out, Moon. I don't want to see you in there again, ever." One of the prison guards that escorted Byulyi out warned her in a playful manner. Byulyi knows her way around criminals and may have made a few friends here and there, even with guards.

 

Byulyi smirked before putting on her sunglasses and waving goodbye at him without turning back. She walked about a mile before noticing a woman who was leaning on a car.

 

"Yongsun unnie?" Byulyi took her shades off.

 

"Moon Byulyi!" Yongsun ran towards her friend.

 

"I missed you." Yongsun pulled away from the hug and took a clearer look at Byulyi. 

 

She was glad that Byulyi didn't change much, appearance wise. Her black hair was now longer and she was skinnier than she already was before she was sentenced to prison.

 

"How are you? How are the girls?" Byulyi asked as they got into Yongsun's car. 

 

Yongsun shrugged, "We were busy covering our own asses while you were doing time. But we've been keeping each other updated about our lives. The younger ones are in school, though the last I heard from Hyejin was that she got expelled from school because she got caught for hacking the system. And that was about two years ago."

 

Byulyi laughed, "Sounds like Hyejin to me. Let me guess, she failed a test so she hacked the system to give herself an A?"

 

"Close. She forgot about a test so she hacked the system on the day of the test to download the test paper."

 

They shared a laugh thinking about the times Hyejin would hack the school systems and pulled pranks on the school officials. Her hacking skills weren't top notch, but for a teenager she was pretty darn good. If Hyejin's hacking skills were already so good three years ago, Byulyi could only imagine how much better she'd gotten now.

 

"Bring me to Eunji, will you?" Byulyi leaned her head against the headrest and closed her eyes to get some rest for the remaining of the car ride.

 

They entered a studio loft and the woman they were looking for was fast asleep on the small two seater couch at the corner of the room.

 

"Eunji, wake up," Byulyi nudged the younger woman who was still in deep slumber.

 

"Why do you sound like Byulyi unnie...?" Eunji slowly opened her eyes and rubbed the remainders of sleep away from her brain, before she realised the woman right before her was indeed Byulyi. "Holy , Byulyi unnie, is it really you?!" Eunji got up from the couch and latched onto the older woman.

 

"Yes, it's me. I'm out." Byulyi pulled away from the younger woman and looked around her loft.

 

It was a small loft, but substantial for a woman like Eunji. It was fairly simple, the walls were painted pastel pink and there were already signs of age which only told Byulyi that this loft was rented to Eunji for cheap.

 

"You're living here? Do you own whatever it is in the basement?"

 

"This loft and the underground club are pretty much the things I have right now. At the ground floor is where me and my employees refill liquours into the bottles." Eunji raised a brow at Byulyi.

 

"Watered down vodka? Really, Eunji?" Byulyi raised a brow too, mirroring Eunji's expression.

 

"People can't tell the difference when they are drunk anyways."

 

Byulyi picked out a set of fresh clothes from Eunji's closet and threw out her clothes that she wore to prison on her first day. Sharing clothes with each other were pretty much the norm to these best friends. They sat around the dining table that could only fit two people, but given that they were all quite petite, it wasn't that bad.

 

"I'm out now and I intend to get right back to business. I need to know if you guys are still going to stay with me. It's totally no pressure, okay?"

 

"Of course I'm with you. I'm sure Hyejin is on board too, she's loyal to you. Yongsun unnie?" Eunji replied in a split second, she always trusted Byulyi.

 

Byulyi let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding after hearing what Eunji said. She looked at Yongsun with a hopeful expression on her face.

 

Yongsun held her head, "I don't know, Byul... You just got released, shouldn't you take a break or wash your hands of this already?"

 

"I spent three years planning this, unnie, I promise you that everything will be flawless. Just this one heist and we will be good for awhile." Byulyi took Yongsun's hands in hers.

 

"I don't think it's a good idea, Byul-ah... After that heist all of the banks have tightened their securities. It's impossible to rob a bank now."

 

"Who said anything about robbing a bank?" Byulyi smirked, and Yongsun just can't believe her friend.

 

"Why are you doing this, Byulyi?" Yongsun frowned, she thought that after being locked up in prison Byulyi would wash her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter