Chapter 3

Love under the Plum Blossom

70,000 years later...

[Green Hill]

Eunha was back at Green Hill after the war and had been here since, occasionally visiting Yerin at the Thousands Valley who had been the Butterfly Mornach ever since the war.

"Great Lady!"

Yuna ran over to Eunha, "Great Lady!"

Eunha looked as Yuna bowed, "What is it?"

"Great Lady! Lady Yerin is here."

"Really?"

Yuna nodded as Eunha smiled. Eunha walked off excitedly with Yuna following. Yerin was sitting in the fox cave as Eunji served her tea.

"Great Lady!"

Yerin smiled, "Eunha!"

Eunha sat down as Yuna got a cup of tea for Eunha. Yuna and Eunji then retreated.

"What is it, Sister Yerin?"

"The Bell of Punishment... recently there has been some movements."

"Really?"

Yerin nodded, "I'm unsure of what to do."

"We'll find a way for it."

Yerin smiled, "Right.."

Eunha looked at Yerin, "How are you, sister?"

"I miss him, but I can still see him. The butterflies are always around this."

Eunha nodded, "Alright then."

Yerin smiled, "I'll go off then."

Eunha followed Yerin to the entrance of the fox cave. Yerin waved her hand as a huge hologram butterfly appeared, Yerin flew on top of it and stood still as the butterfly took off.Eunha watched Yerin as she fly off.

"Eunji!"

Eunji came out and bend her knees, "Great Lady!"

Eunha smiled, "I'll go for a walk."

"Yes, Great Lady."

Eunha smiled and flew off to the Plum Blossom Forest, she walked around and saw Namjoon.

"High God Namjoon!"

Namjoon approached her, "What is it Eunha?"

"Do you have any wine?"

Namjoon held out his hand as two pots of wine appeared, "Let's go."

Eunha chuckled as they sat down near the stream and sat down, drinking together.

"High God Namjoon, the Bell of Punishment has some movements these days."

"Really?"

Eunha nodded, "Sister Yerin and I are finding ways to stop the Ghost Lord from coming out."

"I see, your brother and I will try and help you."


[Fox Cave]

Back at the fox cave, Jimin arrived at the cave to find Eunha for their marriage arrangement.

Minju came out of the Fox Cave and bowed, "Your Highness, Great Lady is not around."

Jimin sighed and entered the cave with Minju following.

Yuna came over with a cup of tea, "Please have some tea."

Jimin looked at Yuna and smiled, "You are.."

Minju glanced at Yuna then Jimin, 'Whatever, I'll go off then. Since the prince is better with Yuna.'

Minju bowed and left.

Jimin smiled and approached Yuna, "You are.."

Yuna bend her knees and bowed, "I am Yuna, a snake spirit who was saved by the Great Lady."

"She treats you well?"

Yuna nodded, "Yes, Great Lady is really great towards the people who are serving her."

Jimin smiled, "I'll bring you to the Nine Heavens. I'll marry you and then cancel the engagement between me and Lady Eunha."

Yuna hesitated, "But.."

"I am the Prince of Nine Heavens, Heavenly Lord will allow me."

Yuna nodded and then changed into her snake form, Jimin caught it and hid her in his sleeve.

"I'll go off first."

Minju bowed as Jimin left.


[Nine Heavens]

Jimin entered the Nine Heavens and walked to a small pavilion.

"Go down then."

The maidservants bowed and went down. Jimin smiled and took Yuna out as she changed into a human again.

"Welcome to Nine Heavens."

Yuna smiled and looked around, "It's beautiful.."

Hoseok saw them and walked over, "Jimin."

"This is..?"

Yuna bend her knees, "I am Great Lady's maid."

"Why did you bring her here? If the people of fox cave finds that she's missing, it will be bad. Quickly, send her back."

Yuna heard it and got nervous, "High God, please send me back.."

Jimin smiled, "No, I won't. I will marry you instead."

Hoseok looked at Jimin, "What are you talking about."

Jimin looked at Hoseok, "I will cancel the engagement."

"Cancel the engagement?"

The Heavenly Lord found out about this and Jimin got scolded, Yuna was sentenced to whipping.

"Father Mornach! Please, allow me to marry Yuna."

The Heavenly Father sighed, "No."

"Father Mornach!"

"Enough."

Jimin was sent out and he walked past the place where Yuna was receiving sentence and heard her screams.

"Your Majesty!"

Jimin walked to the door, "Yuna! Yuna!"


[Forest in Green Hill]

Yewon was in her fox form and running around the forest. Suddenly, she was chased by a Golden lion. She transformed into her human form and then flew away. She did not watch her front and almost knock into a tree. She closed her eyes but Yoongi appeared and caught her with one hand, the other hand waved and a gust of wind stopped the lion. The lion saw Yoongi and stopped.

"Emperor Yoongi!"

The lion disappeared. Yewon stared at Yoongi as they landed, Yoongi let go of Yewon who was still sticking close.

"Are you going to stand so close?"

Yewon awaken and stepped away, "You are Emperor Yoongi?"

Yoongi looked at Yewon, "Do I not look like him?"

Yewon shook her head, "I've seen your potrait at Namjoon's. You really don't look like it."

"Namjoon?"

"Yes, High God Namjoon."

"You are his..?"

Yewon smiled, "I am Kim Yewon."

Yewon bend her knees, "The granddaughter of the Fox King of Green Hill greets Emperor Yoongi."

Yoongi glanced at Yewon, "The Kim family can be scared of a Golden Lion? You haven't been a high immortal right?"

Yewon nods shyly and smiled as Yoongi turned to leave. She stared as Yoongi walked off.


[Blossom Forest]

Eunha was playing her zither when Yewon appeared.

"Aunt!"

Eunha smiled.

"Aunt! You still look the same, even of your age."

Eunha pat Yewon as Yewon changed back to her fox form.

"Calling me old, stay a fox for a while then."

Eunha went to the thousands Valley as Yewon followed her.


[Nine Heavens]

At the banquet of the Nine Heavens...

The Fox King and Seokjin attended the banquet and sat by the side. Jimin was supporting a heavily injured Yuna up the banquet. They both kneeled in front of the Heavenly Lord.

"Heavenly Lord, since the Second Prince has no intentions of marrying my daughter. Why not just cancel the engagement."

The Heavenly Lord sighed, "No, I won't allow it. This will cause the Green Hill and Nine Heavens to fall out."

Hoseok stood up, "Father Mornach, we just need a replacement."

"Say it then."

Hoseok bowed, "Prehaps our Crown Prince Jungkook?"

Yeri was listening and she tensed.

Yu leaned to Namjoon, "What would this make Eunha?"

"If Eunha doesn't like it, we can cancel the engagement again."

The Fox King nodded, "Alright then."

The Heavenly Lord nodded, "Jungkook, listen to the decreed."

Jungkook stood up and bowed.

"Jungkook, Crown Prince of the Nine Heavens. Will marry the future Female mornach of Green Hill."

Jungkook cupped his hands together and bowed, "Yes, Heavenly Mornach."

"Jimin, for your actions. I strip you off the rank of Second Prince and banish you to the Northern Seas."

Jimin cupped his hands together, "Thank you Heavenly Mornach."

The banquet ended and the guests left. Hoseok and Jungkook walked off together.

"I'm jealous of you, marrying the mornach of Green Hill."

"Third Uncle, why not you marry her then."

Hoseok chuckled, "No way, she is too scary for me."

Jungkook said nothing and walked back into his palace. Yeri was sitting in his palace.

"You're marrying her?"

Jungkook nodded, "This is Heavenly Lord's order."

"But... Jungkook."

"Alright, this is my decision." 

Yeri stepped in front of Jungkook, "Jungkook, I love you."

"Yeri."

"Jungkook please."

"Yeri, I only see you as my cousin.."


[Thousands Valley]

Eunha studied the way to seal the Bell of Punishment while Yewon slept next to her.

The next day...

Eunha was at the stream were the bell of punishment was up. She flew up to the bell of punishments and she attempted to seal it again.

"Ghost Lord, even if I lose my powers. I will have to seal you again!"

Eunha used her powers to seal the bell again.

The Ghost Lord gave a laugh, "Eunha! Your powers and memories will be sealed by me."

Eunha was thrown back and disappeared, with the bell sealed. Yoongi came to the Thousands Valley and looked around to see Yewon laying down in the study.

"Why are you here?"

Yewon woke up and looked around, "Where's Aunt?"

"Why are you here?"

"I followed my aunt here."

Yoongi picked up the scroll, "Sealing the Bell of Punishment."

Yewon stood up and looked around, "Where did my aunt go?"

Yoongi walked out of the study with Yewon following behind to see Sanha bowing.

"Emperor.."

"Emperor, the bell of Punishment has been sealed."

"Prehaps someone knows that after 70,000 years the bell of punishment will be unsealed again."

Yoongi passed the scroll to Sanha, "Emperor, this...?"

"Great Lady Eunha of the Fox Tribe was looking at this yesterday."

Sanha glanced at Yewon, "You are?"

Yewon glanced at Yoongi and smiled, "I am Kim Yewon of the Green Hill."

"Is Eunha...?"

Yewon turned to them as Sanha looked at her, "Yes. My aunt is the disciple of Thousands Valley."

Sanha nodded, "No wonder.."

"But your aunt is the Great Lady."

"My aunt trained at the Thousands Valley for a while."

Yerin saw them all and came out from inside, she walked up to Yoongi and bowed.

"Emperor."

"Sister Yerin!"

Yerin smiled when she saw Yewon.

"How is Eunha?"

"My aunt is doing good."

Yoongi stepped up, "Was the Fox Mornachess, Eunha a disciple here once?"

Yerin nodded, "Eunha trained here before Master passed on."

"See I did not lie."

Yerin smiled, "If nothing else, then excuse me."

Yerin walked back into the valley.

"So your aunt is the Great Lady, the future consort of the Crown Prince."

Yewon looked at Sanha, "Crown Prince? Was my aunt not supposed to be with the Second Prince? Why suddenly the Crown Prince?"

"That- Young Highness.. this is a long story."

"Whatever long story, cut it short then. Just say it."

Sanha nodded, "Then we have to start from the snake."

"Snake? Are you talking about Yuna? What about her?"

Sanha nodded, "That-"

Yoongi cleared his throat as Sanha and Yewon turned to him. Sanha walked to Yoongi and bowed

"Emperor."

Yoongi nodded, "Let's go."

"Yes, Emperor."

Yewon stopped Sanha, "Star Mornach! Tell me the full story about what happened and I'll help you with Thousands Valley. Later on, you have to help me repay my gratitude back to the Emperor."

"Gratitude?"

Yewon nodded, "The Emperor saved me.."

Sanha nodded, "Alright then."

Yoongi stopped in his tracks, "Are we not going?"

Sanha and Yewon turned to him, "Yes!"

Yoongi walked off first with Sanha and Yewon following behind. Sanha told Yewon everything that happened as they walked down the forest.

"What? That snake stole my aunt's future husband and caused her to be the laughing stock of the Four Seas and Eight Realms?"

"Young Highness, your aunt has not fussed over this, don't get angry over this."

Yewon stopped in her tracks and turned to Sanha, "My aunt can look over this because she has a big heart. I can't swallow this anger. This can't be."

Sanha said nothing but watched Yewon rage.

"Star Mornach Sanha! Why not you bring me to the Nine Heavens?"

Sanha hesitated, "This-"

Yewon pouted and Sanha had no choice.


[Nine Heavens]

Yuna and Jimin kneeled before the Heavenly Lord as they did a full bow.

"Jimin, for this woman your future has been ruined. Do you regret it?"

Jimin straightened up, "No Father."

The Heavenly Lord sighed, "You can marry her as the Northern Sea Mornarch but you can not give her any name. Do you understand."

"Yes Father Mornarch."

Jimin and Yuju left. Yuju had many blood lines and scars due to her whipping punishment, Jimin supported her as they walked down the stairs. Yewon approached them as she waved her hand and a sword appeared.

Yewon pointed the sword to Yuna, "Yuna! Stop right there!"

Yuna looked to see Yewon and pushed Jimin's hand away, "Young Highness."

Yewon lowered her sword, "You know that I am the Young Highness! How dare you steal away my aunt's fiance and cause her to be the laughing stock of the Four Seas and Eight Realms."

"All the things, it was all Yuna's fault."

Yewon smirked, "If I don't teach you a lesson today, I will not be Kim Yewon!"

Jimin held out his hand, "Outrageous, who gave you the permission to say such things in the Nine Heavens."

Yewon looked at Jimin, "Why are you- Oh.. So you are that Second Prince. No, you have been stripped off your rank. You are just a Sea Mornarch. Your position is not as high as mine, by what can you stop me?"

"You-"

Sanha came over, "Northern Sea Mornarch."

Sanha cupped his hands and bowed, "Cease your anger. Young Highness, cease your anger."

Jimin looked at Sanha, "For the Star Mornarch's sake, I will not say much about this. If you dare-"

Yewon smirked, "I am a dignified lady of Green Hill. I don't need you to look at anyone's sake to let me off. If I don't teach this betrayer a lesson, then I can't swallow the anger!"

Jimin glared at Yewon, "Don't cross the line!"

Yoongi appeared from the side, "Yewon.."

Yewon looked at Yoongi, "Why are you here?"

Yoongi approached them, "If I don't come over, should I keep watching you and the Northern Sea Mornarch quarrel?"

Yewon said nothing as the sword disappeared from her hand.

Yoongi turned to Jimin, "She is the Princess of the Fox Tribe, spoiled badly by the Fox King. Don't take it to hard."

Jimin nodded, "I don't dare."

Yoongi nodded and turned as Yewon followed him. Yoongi entered his palace but Yewon was stopped by guards. Yewon pouted and squatted next to the entrance of the palace.