Ryeowook

Follow the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! This chapter focuses on just one specific scene, so it will be a short-ish update! Because an important scene like this deserves its own chapter! o.o

‘No! I can’t lose you again, Ryeowook!’

As soon as those words had left Siwon’s mouth, both he and Yesung froze, their heated argument—their breakup—put to a halt.

Yesung was bewildered. He’d just gotten called by another name. …What on earth?!

Siwon, on the other hand, seemed stunned and horrified by what had slipped out of his mouth.

“Siwon… Who is Ryeowook?” Yesung asked slowly.

Siwon’s face was instantly wiped of any emotion again. Yesung watched warily as his boyfriend (well, ex-boyfriend now, really) took a deep breath and schooled his face into a confused expression. “What are you talking about, Woonie?”

“My name is Yesung,” he instantly corrected. He and Siwon were now over; Siwon didn’t have the right to call him such a pet name anymore. “And you know perfectly well what I’m talking about. You said ‘Ryeowook’. You called me ‘Ryeowook’. Who is Ryeowook, Siwon?”

“No, I didn’t call you ‘Ryeowook’.”

“Yes, you did!” Yesung insisted. His temper was starting to come back.

“You are mishearing things,” Siwon said sternly, which only incensed Yesung further.

There went Siwon again with pretending that Yesung was mishearing things! Ugh! Again, as a music teacher, Yesung was good with vocal sounds. And even if he hadn’t been certain of what he had heard, Siwon’s stunned expression after saying those words was enough to confirm to Yesung that he hadn’t just misheard anything.

“I am not mishearing things, Choi Siwon,” Yesung gritted out through his teeth. “Who is Ryeowook?”

Yesung really wanted to know who this person was. For some unknown (and probably kind of crazy) reason, he felt that it was important that he find out who this Ryeowook person was. Moreover, Yesung needed to know why he was being called the name of another person. He and Siwon had been in a relationship for nearly a year now—Siwon should perfectly well know his name by now.

“You’re not yourself tonight, Woonie,” Siwon said, now looking concerned. “First, you tried to break up with me. Now, you’re thinking that I called you by a different name. You’re clearly not in your right mind. Are you feeling sick?”

Once a upon a time (well, actually, only as recently as earlier today), Yesung would have readily believed Siwon’s show of concern and would have been touched by it. However, Yesung’s recent realization of how Siwon had been controlling him prevented Yesung now from believing this show of concern. Yesung could see that this show of concern was precisely just that. Just a show.

Siwon was questioning and making insinuations about Yesung’s mental state, but Yesung knew that his mental state was perfectly fine, thank you. Yesung was in the right mind.

If anything, it was Siwon who seemed like he wasn’t in his right mind.

“I am not sick, and I know that you called me ‘Ryeowook’ a while ago! Who is Ryeowook?”

Siwon finally dropped his show of concern. His face became expressionless again. And he said in an equally blank and toneless voice, “Ryeowook is Wookie.”

Wookie.

That nickname again. Yesung was suddenly reminded of those couple of instances when Siwon had suddenly called him “Wookie.” Siwon had insisted that he hadn’t called Yesung as “Wookie.” But apparently, Siwon had really called him as “Wookie” during those instances—had referred to him as this Ryeowook guy.

Of course.

Ryeowook.

Wookie.

“Wookie” was the nickname of this Ryeowook.

But that still didn’t clarify to Yesung who this Ryeowook/Wookie person was.

“Okay, but who is Ryeowook?” Yesung reiterated his question.

“Wookie,” Siwon simply repeated, as if the nickname alone should already be enough to let Yesung know who this person was.

“Siwon, you’re not making any sense!” Yesung said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter