Possessive

Follow the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: Hi, guys! Sorry that it took me a bit longer than usual to post this update. I’ve been on reader mode instead of writer mode. I’ve recently discovered the beauty of werewolf/wolf fanfics 8D I mean, I always knew that there were such fics, but I’ve just started really reading some recently, and I am now so hooked <3  Next thing we know, I might be writing my own Kyusung wolfau story. Ignore that part :P

Anyway, here’s the next chapter! :)

One weekend, Yesung had to attend a conference. Most teachers at the academy were required to attend. Yesung wasn’t really looking forward to listening to lectures upon lectures about “team building in schools,” but the academy’s school board required them to attend, so what could Yesung do about it?

On the positive side, Eunhyuk and Donghae would be going as well, so at least Yesung would be with his best friends. Also, the conference was going to be held in a fancy hotel, and they would get to stay there for the weekend, free of charge. They were looking forward to enjoying the hotel’s nice amenities when not stuck in lectures.

What Yesung didn’t count on, though, was that he would have to deal with a boyfriend who didn’t want to him to go.

“What do you mean ‘I’m not going’?!” Yesung said incredulously when Siwon flat out told him that he wasn’t allowed to attend the conference. “Of course I’m going! I have to! It’s a requirement at the academy!”

“That conference is another city!” Siwon argued. “It’s too far!”

“It’s only half a day’s drive away, Siwon.”

“It’s still too far!”

“And I still don’t see why distance is such an issue.”

Siwon visibly tried to reign his emotions. When he was more controlled, he said, “I don’t want you away from me, Woonie. I’ll miss you. You need to be always by my side.”

The sentiment was sweet, and Yesung’s heart thumped at those words. Some of his annoyance disappeared, for he now saw that Siwon’s reluctance to let him go seemed to stem from Siwon’s love for him and need to be with him. However, Yesung still thought that they had to be practical and reasonable about the situation. Even though he and Siwon have been practically inseparable, almost always with each other ever since they became a couple, Yesung knew that they couldn’t be together every single day. Both of them had other obligations, after all.

“I’ll miss you, too,” Yesung said sincerely. “But I really have to go. It’s required for my job, Siwonnie. And it’s only for one weekend. It’ll fly by fast. I’ll be back before you even know it.”

“I don’t like letting you out of my sight. You need to be where I can be with you and take care of you.”

“I’ll be fine. Dr. Lee says that travels like that aren’t bad for my health. And I’ll be with Eunhyuk and Donghae, as well as other teachers from the academy.”

But that didn’t seem to reassure Siwon. On the contrary, his face darkened even more.

“Will you be sharing a room with Eunhyuk and Donghae?” Siwon suddenly demanded.

Yesung raised an eyebrow. Where did that question even come from? Still, he readily answered. “No, I don’t think so. As far as I know, it’s only two people to a room, and since Eunhyuk and Donghae are both dance teachers and a couple, they usually get assigned together.”

“Who will you be sharing a room with, then?”

“Another teacher from the academy. I don’t know yet who,” Yesung shrugged, still eying his boyfriend questioningly. “The room assignments haven’t been finalized and announced yet.”

Siwon’s eyes glinted with some emotion that Yesung couldn’t name. “Tell them not to get a room for you. I’ll go with you there and get a room for us.”

Yesung was very much surprised and taken aback. “What? Why? Siwonnie, that’s not nece—”

“Of course it’s necessary! You think that I’m just going to let you room with some other man? I’ll make sure that I’m free that weekend, too. I’ll drive you to that hotel, and we’ll get a room together. I’ll even buy that hotel if I have to.”

Buy the hotel?! Yesung knew that Siwon was filthy rich (and could buy even ten hotels without blinking an eye about it), but that really was too much! Maybe letting Siwon go with him and book a room for them was already mild in comparison. Yesung didn’t really understand his boyfriend’s need to “babysit” him during the conference, but if it will stop Siwon from buying the hotel, Yesung would let him tag along.

So that was how Yesung ended up bringing his boyfriend along for the out-of-town conference. His colleagues and the administrators were thankfully very indulgent about it; they didn’t have a problem with Siwon going along as well. Siwon was paying for his own expenses, anyway, and he was also able to charm the heck out of the administrators, male and female alike. 

While Yesung was happy to be with his boyfriend then, he was a bit disappointed that he didn’t get to enjoy the hotel’s amenities as he and his friends had originally planned. Siwon stayed in their hotel room while Yesung was attending lectures, and Yesung would return to their room as soon as the lectures were done. He spent all of his free time that weekend in the hotel room with his boyfriend; his colleagues were only able to see him during the actual lectures. Most of his colleagues found it amusing; they were happy that Yesung had found love and romance, and they would good-naturedly and waggle their eyebrows at him, making implications about what he could possibly be doing during all those hours in the hotel room with his boyfriend. Yesung would flush, try to glare, and stutter out that they should be paying attention the lectures instead of teasing him, leading to more laughter from his colleagues.

One colleague didn’t join the teasing and fun, though.

Eunhyuk was well-known for his love for teasing Yesung, but he wasn’t as amused as the rest of their colleagues. He would frown to himself whenever his hyung would hurry back to their hotel room—hurry back to his boyfriend—as soon as a lecture was done.

As Kyuhyun had suggested, Eunhyuk, along with his boyfriend, frequently checked up on Yesung after the time that Yesung had shown up to school with that red mark on his face. Since then, either Eunhyuk or Donghae made it a point to stop by their hyung’s office or classroom every day, chatting with him for a bit and casually inquiring about his well-being.

Yesung didn’t really think much of it, and he was always glad to see his friends and spend time with them.

However, apart from seeing Yesung at the academy, they also frequently texted Yesung when they’re not at school. At mornings, before going to work, they would text him good morning. At night, they would text him, informing him of what they were doing and asking about Yesung in turn. During weekends, his phone was bombarded with inquiries about how he was. (Eunhae weren’t exactly subtle.)

Yesung thought that his dongsaengs were being clingier than usual, but their texts made him smile, anyway.

But then, the texts got him trouble with his boyfriend.

One night, Yesung was just stepping into his bedroom, fresh from the shower, when he saw Siwon sitting on his bed… and fiddling with Yesung’s phone.

Yesung frowned. He opened his mouth, about to ask what Siwon was doing, but then, Siwon looked up and gave him such a scorching glare.

“What is the meaning of this?” Siwon hissed.

“What is the meaning of what?” Yesung asked, genuinely confused. He was also a little weary—these days, it felt like he and Siwon were arguing half the time that they’re together. And Yesung didn’t even know what he had done to upset his boyfriend this time.

“This.” And Siwon held up Yesung’s phone, showing him the screen.

Yesung stepped closer to get a better look. His inbox was open, and it was mostly full of Eunhae’s text messages, given that his friends seemed to be checking up on him more than usual lately.

“What?” Yesung asked again, still not seeing the problem. “Those are just text messages from Eunhyuk and Donghae—”

But as soon as those words were out of his mouth, Yesung realized what exactly the problem was. He still vividly remembered the time that Siwon had actually slapped him. It had been because Yesung wanted to spend time with Eunhyuk and Donghae.

Eunhyuk and Donghae.

Siwon, for reasons unknown to Yesung, had problems with Yesung being with his friends. 

And now, Siwon had seen that his inbox full of messages from these two friends.

“They’re just checking up on me,” Yesung said innocently with a shrug. However, he was starting get a feeling of dread. Not another “punishment” night, please. He had classes to teach tomorrow.

“Why?” Siwon’s tone was harsh and demanding.

Yesung himself couldn’t understand why his friends seemed so clingy to him lately, but he didn’t think there was anything bad about it. “They’re concerned about my well-being?” he guessed.

Siwon’s glare just got fiercer. “I’m your boyfriend. Your well-being is my concern, not theirs!”

“Are you saying that you’d prefer that my friends don’t care about my well-being?” Yesung said incredulously. Because that’s what Siwon’s last statement sounded like to him.

“No. I’m saying that your friends have no business messing with what’s mine.”

And that night, Siwon roughly and repeatedly claimed Yesung, seemingly intent on proving that Yesung was indeed his.

The next day, as soon as the bell rang for the morning break, Yesung walked (well, limped again, really) to Eunhae’s office. He asked his bewildered friends to stop texting him so much. When asked why, he made some flimsy excuses about the frequent texts causing his phone to make lots of noise (ignoring the fact that the silent mode does exist) and his phone’s battery getting quickly drained due to all the texts (what the hell?). 

Eunhyuk and Donghae thought that it was all very weird and suspicious. So, they asked their hyung more about it. They wanted the truth. Why did their hyung want them to stop texting him?

However, Yesung actually lost his temper a bit. Last night had been rough on his body, and he still had stand in front of the classroom and teach today. And now, Eunhyuk and Donghae’s questions were adding to the stress and strain that he was feeling. 

“Just drop it, okay?!” Yesung suddenly snapped when Eunhyuk opened his mouth again to ask for better explanations from his hyung. “Look, I appreciate your concern, but I’m fine. And I would appreciate it even more if you stop texting me so frequently. Got it?”

The two dance teachers were quite shocked by their hyung’s tone. All that they could do was to nod meekly.

As Yesung left Eunhae’s office, he felt bad about letting his temper get the better of him; after all, Eunhyuk and Donghae were just being concerned about him.

But their hundreds and hundreds of texts needed to stop. Yesung’s body really ached from the “punishment” last night.

One of the most serious arguments between Yesung and Siwon was about Yesung’s family.

One day, while writing lesson plans in his office during his planning period, Yesung got a text from Jongjin, asking his older brother to call him as soon as he was free. Yesung was curious, and he was free and not teaching in that moment, so he called Jongjin right away. And he nearly went into a panic attack when his younger brother told him that their father had been in a car accident that morning. The only thing that stopped Yesung from completely freaking out was that his brother was quick to inform him that their father was safe. He had some minor cuts and a broken leg, but nothing more serious than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter