Conflicts and Arguments

Follow the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Sorry that this update took a bit longer than usual. I was working on finishing another story of mine, that one last Changkyu story that I wanted to be finished before a certain someone’s wedding… Anyway, that other story’s already completed, so I can put my focus mainly on this story now! :D

Here’s the next chapter! :)

Yesung walked with Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Kibum toward the parking lot at the back of the academy, where teachers and students parked their cars. They would be taking Eunhyuk and Donghae’s car to a nearby bar. 

As they walked, Yesung’s mind was whirling, thinking nonstop about Kyuhyun and Kibum’s argument a while ago.

He thought about both Kyuhyun and Kibum. Between the two of them, Yesung had known Kyuhyun longer and better; while he wouldn’t exactly describe himself and the doctor as very close friends, he still had a close enough relationship with Kyuhyun, and so far, other than Kyuhyun showing up in unlikely places at unlikely times, the doctor hadn’t given Yesung any reason to think negatively of him. At the same time, though, from the little that he had interacted with Kibum, Yesung thought that the student was a genuine and good person. The fact that, based on the conversation that Yesung had overheard, Kibum and Kyuhyun were against each other (well, it was really just Kibum who was being antagonistic and against Kyuhyun) greatly bothered Yesung. Both Kyuhyun and Kibum seemed to be good, but why was there some conflict between them? 

Whatever was the issue between Kyuhyun and Kibum, the two of them seemed to have differing beliefs and opinions about it, hence their conflict. Though Kyuhyun and Kibum had no idea that Yesung was now aware of their conflict, Yesung didn’t know whose side he should take. Should he believe Kyuhyun, or should he believe Kibum?

Upon reaching the car, Eunhyuk got into the driver’s seat, while Donghae sat beside him upfront at the passenger’s seat, leaving the three others to get into the back of the car. Yesung was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice Kyuhyun smirking slightly as he allowed Yesung to get into the car before him, with the doctor being the last person to get in.

Yesung was only brought back to reality when the car started to drive out of the parking lot, for it was at that point that Yesung realized that he was seated between Kibum and Kyuhyun.

Well, that was just great! Ugh! Seated between two persons who were arguing just mere minutes ago! Sometimes, Yesung had such rotten luck.

Yesung was too preoccupied with his thoughts about the overheard conversation and his dismay that he was now stuck between the two, so it was a while before he remembered that Siwon would be picking him up as usual today… and he had just left without telling his boyfriend who was probably waiting for him now in front of the academy.

“!” Yesung said, slapping the palm of his hand against his forehead.

His companions were all slightly surprised since Yesung rarely cursed out loud, and tried his hardest to avoid doing it in the presence of a student.

Before anyone could ask, though, Yesung was already pulling his phone out of his pocket and frantically typing out a text message to his boyfriend, saying that he was going to have a drink with friends and that he would just meet up with Siwon at that fancy restaurant where they were supposed to have dinner tonight. He told the others as he typed, “I forgot to tell Siwon that I’m going with you guys! He’s probably still waiting for me outside the academy!”

To Yesung’s right, the smirk that was still on Kyuhyun’s face grew even wider.

To Yesung’s left, a scowl formed on Kibum’s face.

However, Yesung again didn’t notice the different reactions. He was too busy with his texting. Ugh, he had the feeling that he was going to get in trouble with his boyfriend again for this. Siwon wouldn’t be pleased that Yesung made him wait in front of the academy for nothing.

Yesung was still a bit lost in his thoughts as they had drinks at the bar. He only half-heartedly participated in the conversation and didn’t really pay much attention to what was going on around him.

Worst, he wasn’t paying attention to the time.

It was only when Donghae asked him what time he was supposed to have dinner with Siwon tonight that Yesung glanced at his wristwatch… and realized that he was already thirty minutes late! Oh, shoot!

He quickly said goodbye to his colleagues, the doctor, and the student and rushed out of the bar. Since they drove to the bar using Eunhae’s car, Yesung had to hail a taxi that would take him to the fancy restaurant. Unfortunately for him, it was rush hour, and by the time that they were finally getting near the restaurant, he was already almost one hour late for their dinner date.

He pulled out his phone again, thinking that he would send Siwon a quick text saying that he was nearly there. But when he looked at the screen, he saw that there were dozens of texts and missed calls from Siwon again. What the heck?! Why didn’t he hear his phone going off when all these texts and calls came in?! Then, Yesung saw that small sign on top of the screen. His phone was still on silent mode. He really was such a fail sometimes.

Based on the time log, Siwon had been trying to contact him since he had told his boyfriend that he would be going to the bar with his friends before meeting Siwon. Yesung opened a few of the messages and winced a bit. Siwon had been demanding his whereabouts, with the tone getting more and more upset with each new unanswered message. 

Yesung worriedly chewed his bottom lip. He was really going to be in so much trouble now.

As soon as the taxi stopped in front of the restaurant, Yesung practically threw the fare to the driver and jumped out the vehicle. In the restaurant, he was greeted by the manager, who led him to the private dining area that Siwon had reserved.

Yesung entered the room and winced again. He could tell right away that his boyfriend was very angry. A dark aura seemed to be emanating from Siwon.

Siwon didn’t say anything. He just stood by the table that had been lavishly set up and decorated for their dinner. His eyes were giving a glare that pieced right through Yesung’s very soul.

Yesung closed the door behind him and sighed. “I’m sorry.”

An apology seemed to be a good way to begin this conversation, right? After all, Yesung could see that he was at fault. He had made Siwon wait outside the academy, and now, he was so late for their dinner date.

“That’s all you have to say?! You’re sorry?!” 

“Well, I really am sorry! I lost track of the time. I didn’t mean to be so late—”

“You’re late because you chose to go with your friends instead of meeting me in front of the school like you were supposed to!”

“It was a spontaneous kind of gathering. We had a rough day at work, and we wanted to grab some drinks and relax a bit,” Yesung explained. He didn’t like the tone that Siwon was using right now (sure, he was at fault, but he didn’t really deserve to be talked to in such a manner), but he tried to control his own annoyance. Nothing productive would be achieved if both of them were angry.

“I’m your boyfriend, Woonie! You shouldn’t be casting me aside for others!”

“I’m not casting you aside!” Yesung argued. He was starting to get really exasperated. “And Eunhyuk and Donghae aren’t just ‘others’—they’re my closest friends!”

He neglected to mention that Dr. Cho and the student who had followed him to the bus were also with them. That would make things so much worse.

“They may be your closest friends, but again, I’m your boyfriend! You should prioritize me over them, not the other way around!”

Yesung loved Siwon, he really did, but he wished that they wouldn’t be arguing whenever Yesung wanted to spend some time with his friends and acquaintances.

“I’m not—!” Yesung began to say.

“Uhm, excuse me, sirs?”

Yesung and Siwon both looked around. It was their waiter for the night, interrupting their fight and looking warily at them.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your, uhm, conversation, but I was wondering if I should start serving dinner?”

Siwon immediately cleared his face from any signs of anger. “Yes, please. That would be great,” he smiled at the waiter.

Yesung was a bit unnerved at how Siwon suddenly and so quickly changed his disposition. However, as soon as the waiter had left to get their food, the dark scowl was back on Siwon’s face. He sat at one end of the long table, and he nodded toward the chair on the opposite end, wordlessly instructing Yesung to sit down. Yesung complied with the silent instruction.

Nothing more was said between them as they waited for the waiter to return. And when the waiter finished setting down the dishes on their table, they both politely thanked the man. The waiter bowed at them and left.

Yesung quietly started on his meal. The food was very delicious, but Yesung couldn’t even enjoy it. Not with the tension and bitterness from the argument still hanging over them. After a while, Yesung noticed that his boyfriend wasn’t even eating, so he finally broke the tensed silence around them.

“Aren’t you hungry? You haven’t eaten a single bite,” Yesung asked with a frown as he eyed the plate of untouched food in front of Siwon.

“I’ve lost my appetite,” Siwon replied shortly. He arms were crossed in front of his chest, and he was looking away from Yesung.

Yesung sighed. He knew that it wasn’t good for Siwon to not eat dinner. After all, Dr. Lee always harped about the importance of not skipping meals, so Yesung knew the value of eating properly. He would have to try make things better between him and his boyfriend so that Siwon would eat something now.

“Siwonnie, I didn’t mean to upset you,” he said softly, hoping that his sincere and apologetic tone would somewhat appease his boyfriend. “I really am sorry. I’ll make it up to you, okay?”

“Oh, you will, Woonie.”

Yesung didn’t quite understand what Siwon meant. However, Siwon wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter