Break a Leg

Just Friends!

That lunch break, Hitomi is strangely left alone while she’s buying her lunch. When she returns to her usual seat with Minjoo, Nako and Yuri, the three idiots are nowhere to be seen.

 

Sakura, someone who likes Kaeun and is bitter Minjoo dumped Kaeun just for this jigglypuff over here, uses her chance to rile her up.

 

“Oh my God! You were left alone!” She faked her giggles. “How is it to be forgotten? Now your Minjoo chooses someone else that isn’t you!”

 

Hitomi is unimpressed. Honestly, she can do so much better. “Excuse me, but my Minjoo? Listen here-”

 

But like fictions, before she can say anything remotely rude, Chaewon dramatically enters the view and blocks Sakura and Hitomi even though they are standing at least a meter from each other. “Don’t talk to Hitoma like that! Hitoma, are you okay?”

 

Hitomi hisses, squinting her eyes at Chaewon. She slaps the hand holding her shoulder. “I’m sorry but who is this Hitoma do you speak of?”

 

Chaewon blinks. “You.”

 

Hitomi squints again. “My name is Hitomi.”

 

“I-It’s a pet name! Because w-we are dating!”

 

“We’re not dating, I just owe you a date!”

 

“I-It’s the same! And we haven’t had our date yet! You dumped me because you were sick on that fated day!”

 

“Exactly! I was sick! Ill! Bedridden! You were there to visit me!”

 

“W-we can always have a date at the hospital!”

 

“What are you talking about?!”

 

Sakura can’t accept that her insult is left ignored and decides to suddenly grab Hitomi. “Hello? I asked you a question, stupid?! Or are you pretending to be deaf like your of a bestfriend-”

 

That does it. No one calls her bestfriend a and survives without having a broken bone or two.

 

Hitomi does what she’s best: breaks Sakura’s nose.

 

The next thing everyone knows is that Sakura is on the floor and Hitomi is beating the daylights of her.

 

Chaewon quickly dials Minjoo’s numbers.

 

“HELLO? HELLO? KIM MINJOO?!”

 

“About time you’re calling me, sunbaenim so when is the date-“

 

“Not about that, you idiot! Your Hitomi is beating someone up!”

 

There’s a dramatic gasp as the call abruptly ends (after a loud, equally dramatic “My Hitomi!”), and suddenly, the crowd circling Hitomi and Sakura parts away.

 

Minjoo comes into her view, sweating and panting, but still looking so pretty everyone starts to swoon again.

 

Nako and Yuri are tailing behind her, holding popcorn as Minjoo joins in with the beating instead of stopping the fight.

 

“Break a leg!” Nako shouts, shoving a handful of popcorn inside .

 

“Please don’t be an enabler,” Chaewon tells her, but takes out her own popcorn and yells at Minjoo to kick Sakura harder.