Dating?

Just Friends!

“So… you are single again.”

 

“Yep.” Minjoo pouts. She props her chin on top of her palm, but it doesn’t last long as her head slides off her palm and lands on top of Hitomi’s lap. “And I don’t think we’ll ever reconcile. Ever.

 

Nako, the Thirdwheel, according to 99% of the school population, snorts. “Aren’t you getting tired of changing girls and guys every week?” She asks, scrunching her face as Hitomi rubs the taller girl’s head like a pet. Disgusting.

 

Minjoo chooses to not answer that and instead says, “Why don’t you like girls too Hitomi? That way I can make you my girlfriend or something and we can last until marriage!”

 

Nako reacts by spitting her food, while Hitomi reacts by shoving Minjoo’s head off her lap.

 

“Are you saying if I like girls, there is a 100% chance I’ll date you?”

 

“Of course! Who would reject me, the Kim Minjoo!”

 

“Chaewon unnie, myself, Nako, and Yuri.” Hitomi deadpans without missing a beat. Nako nods fervently, agreeing.

 

“Don’t say that name again! I’m over her- wait a minute, y-you’re referring to Chaewon sunbaenim as unnie?! Since when are you close?!”

 

“You know Chaewon unnie is rich, right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“She sent me brand new running shoes.”

 

“For free?! Wow, I’m jealous!” Minjoo really is.

 

Hitomi makes a face. “Not for free.” She shudders. “In exchange I have to call her unnie and we’re supposed to go on a date today.”

 

Minjoo looks up. “Thank you God!”

 

“Anyway,” Nako turns to Minjoo. “You’re the one who usually got dumped. Why did you dump her? You like Kaeun sunbaenim, right?”

 

“I really doooo! But she called you breadfaced jigglypuff,” Minjoo huffs, pouting as she looks at Hitomi. “No one should call you that! Only I can call you breadface!”

 

“But Minjoo,” Nako clears . “You ultimately chose Hitomi in the end! Over Kaeun! Lee Kaeun, the school's hottest girl? Someone you do like?”

 

“Well-“

 

“And you!” Nako wildly flails her arm and points at Hitomi. “You chose to ditch Chaewon sunbaenim just because! The Chaewon sunbaenim! Rejected!”

 

“I’m sick-“

 

“Are you two dating or something?!”

 

..

..

..

 

“It’s not like that!” Minjoo and Hitomi nearly shout.

 

Nako flinched. “See, you two are acting like soulmates, it's getting scary.”

 

“It’s not like that…” Minjoo sighs, straightening her posture and leans back to her seat. “I’ll be damned if I chose someone who only knows me for less than a month than my bestfriend who sticks by me through thick and thin for years!”

 

“I, too, will do the same for you and Yuri! Also Yujin!”

 

Nako and Hitomi immediately break into sobs and pulls Minjoo in a hug.

 

At the same time, Yuri walks in with Chaewon beside her.

 

“…What am I witnessing?”

 

Pressing her fingers to her suddenly throbbing temples, Yuri answers her, “Just a daily dose of their idiocy."