Let's Talk

Just Friends!

“Minmin! Wait!” Hitomi tries to follow Minjoo, but Minjoo has always been an emotional runner and the fact that she has a 10 cm disadvantage makes Hitomi lose track of Minjoo pretty easily.

 

And the fact that there’s a horde of fangirls and fanboys of Minjoo blocking her way.

 

“Out of my way,” Hitomi growls, attempting to threaten them. It usually works, but somehow not this time. Is it because she's not holding her fearsome rolling pin?

 

Fangirl 1 snorts, a little too cockily now that Hitomi is weaponless. “We have sealed a deal with your Fanbase to mend your relationship with Minjoo-sama.”

 

“So?” Hitomi growls again.

 

Fangirl 1 brandishes a rope. The remaining fangirls and fanboys behind her crack their knuckles.

 

It's Hitomi's turn to turn pale.

 

-

 

Minjoo is in the middle of washing with cold water when there’s an announcement coming from the radio.

 

“GREETINGS, PRODUCE HIGH SCHOOL!” That is Somi’s voice. “THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS SPONSORED BY OUR LOCAL DRUG DEALER--I MEAN, PRINCESS OF THIS ENTIRE SCHOOL, YO JURI!"

 

a sharply cut off scream.

 

"I MEAN JO YURI. FORGIVE ME, I WAS NERVOUS. SO, ANYONE WHO CAN BRING KIM MINJOO-YES THAT KIM MINJOO, FANGIRLS AND FANBOYS-UP HERE TO BROADCAST ROOM IN 10 MINUTES WILL BE YO JURI-”

 

a scream again, followed by several audible punches.

 

"-JO YURI'S SUGAR BABY FOR A WEEK!"

 

“A MONTH!” A girl inside the toilet screamed.

 

“A WEEK!” Somi yelled back. Yow how the hell?

 

“TWO WEEKS!” The girl, whom she recognized as Doyeon sunbaenim, tries to bargain again.

 

Somi paused for a moment before screaming into the mic again. “DEAL! WILL BE JO YURI'S SUGAR BABY FOR TWO WEEKS! NOW GET TO IT, PEASANTS- I MEAN, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! TEACHERS, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE TOO!”

 

Minjoo attempts to make a run for it once she feels Doyeon and the gank inside the toilet's eyes are on her once the broadcast ended.

 

Keyword attempt.

 

In a short 5 minutes since the announcement ended, Kim Minjoo is caught and brought to the Broadcast Room, where Yuri and Nako assume command and take the fugitive to a particular room, where a certain living peach is being held hostage.

 

They mercilessly throw Minjoo inside the storage room and laugh as they leave the pair of best friends alone.

 

“YOU NASTY TRAITORS!” Minjoo screams, pounding the door. “I swear once I got out-”

 

“Minjoo?”

 

Minjoo turns around, shocked to find Hitomi is tied up in… ropes, I was going to say ropes.

 

“Hi.” Hitomi forced a smile. “Can we talk?”

 

Minjoo gulps. She’s entirely focused on the tight rope around Hitomi’s body. How on earth her best friend managed to breathe and speak normally is beyond her. “...Let me untie you first.”