Problem

Just Friends!

“Can anyone please help me out?”

 

Minjoo smoothly slides to Hitomi’s side, after throwing off some random girl off the seat next to Hitomi. The said girl screams, but is silenced by Chaewon, who popped out of nowhere, with her no-nonsense glare.

 

After the whole brawling thing, Chaewon has been accepted into their circle despite their age difference. Most of the time, the senior can be seen inside their class for some reasons unexplainable.

 

“Do you need anything, baby girl?” Yuri asks, brandishing her black cards for everyone to see, after also throwing a random guy who sits in front of Hitomi away. “A finance problem, perhaps?”

 

“A bully problem, perhaps?” Nako cracks her knuckles.

 

“A study problem, perhaps?” Chaewon shows off her straight As.

 

“Or maybe,” Minjoo pulls out a rose out of nowhere and bites it, then gives a flirty wink to Hitomi. “A love problem?”

 

“Nah, that’s impossible.”

 

“Are you kidding!”

 

“Hell must be freezing.”

 

There are more than a few choruses of disagreement over Minjoo’s question, mostly coming from Hitomi’s secret fangirl’s base.

 

Hitomi’s plump cheeks reddened. “Actually, it’s the last one.”

 

Everyone laughed.

 

Hitomi continues to keep her silence.

 

And that’s when everyone’s jaw hangs open and everyone goes nuts.

 

Chaewon, especially, looked like she’s having a heart attack.

 

“Who is this person!” Minjoo asks, interrogates, slamming her fist down to the table. “As your Daddy, I should have known first!”

 

“Daddy, it’s not like that!”

 

“No!” Yuri screams, climbing on top of the table. “As her Mommy, I am the one who she should first talk with!”

 

“Mommy!” Hitomi cries, desperate.

 

“Woof!” Nako unhelpfully gives her input.

 

Chaewon feels like hell breaking loose is more believable than this. It doesn’t help that everyone in the class seems like they are watching a free family-drama and is that a popcorn dispenser? Question solved why Nako and Yuri seem to have an endless supply of popcorns.

 

Unnamed Class President, who is probably the last working braincell in this group of dysfunctional class, loudly screamed: “Will you SHUT UP!”

 

And everyone shuts up instantly. Minjoo and Yuri, who in the heat of the moment climbed the table to assert their dominance against one another, quietly climb back down and sit like any civilized human in their respective place.

 

“Good.” UCP sighs. “Now Hitomi, you can explain what is going on.”

 

“Thank you Class President I Highly Respect.”

 

UCP stares nastily at her. “Be honest, you don’t know my name.”

 

Hitomi ignores his muttering and proceeds to tell them something.

 

“Someone asked me on a date.”