Angel Has Fallen

PLAYING WITH DESTINY

 

 

It was exactly 9 o'clock when I reached Infinity.  The infamous restaurant located at the Park Hyatt Hotel rooftop.  I expected the place to be empty since it was still early but,. several tables were already occupied.  I recognized some of them.  Politicians and top businessmen from the country.

The hostess named Jessica ushered me to the table with the best view of the entire Seoul City.  She couldn't hide her excitement and immediately asked me for a signature once I was seated.  She was disheartened when I refused her request.  I asked her to bring a pot of freshly brewed coffee and the ensemble that comes with it.

I have finished my first cup of coffee but, my supposed to be fiancee hasn't shown her self yet.  Did she chicken out?  Did she changed her mind?  I thought I was going to wait a little more longer.  She must be dollying her self up.  Most women took longer to get ready.  I should give her a little consideration since it's still early.

 

It's a beautiful morning.  The sun shines brightly over the park beside Han River.  

 

Blind dates are usually set in the evening.  I didn't know whose idea was it to make us meet in this early morning.  

I was basking in the cool morning breeze when I felt someone's presence.  I'm supposed to be used to people staring at me but, this presence is different.  

I couldn't look away at the girl making a beeline towards my direction.  I was not sure if she's the one I'm supposed to have breakfast with but she doesn't look any ordinary girl trying to get my signature.

I was expecting someone on a pretty white dress since I have been waiting for more than fifteen minutes already.  She was wearing faded jeans and blue plaid shirt and her hair was on a messy bun.  I never thought that simplicity would .  She looks like a breath of fresh air.  

Then, she was suddenly in front of me smiling.  She extended her right hand and introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Sandara."

"I'm JJiyong.  Kwon Jiyong.". Did I just stutter?  G-Dragon never stuttered in front of anybody.  

"I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to sleep in.  I'm still jet lagged."

We took our seats opposite each other.  She was looking everywhere but me.  I find it cute.  Imagine the only heiress of Park Group of Companies sitting awkwardly in front of me.

"Are you hungry?" Maybe sharing some food will make her feel less awkward.

"I'm starving."  

She finally focused her attention at me.  I waved at Jessica waiting curiously by the counter.  She immediately came and took our orders.  We opted for a traditional breakfast.

"Coffee?" I offered.

"Yes, please.  With cream.  No sugar."

I made her coffee like how she mentioned.  I placed the cup of coffee in front of her.  She inhaled the aroma before taking a sip.  She put down the cup with a satisfied smile.

"That was nice." She said. I've never been so proud of myself.

We were both hungry.  When the food arrived, we just ate in silence.  She is so small but, she could really eat.  She's different from the other girls I've met.

"Why are you staring?". She asked and put down her chopsticks.

"Nothing.  I'm just wondering how you're so small when you can eat like that."

Her face turned red.  I must have embarrassed her.

"First, I'm not small.  Second, I eat just like anyone else.  It's not my fault all the girls you know eat like rabbits.". She retaliated.

Not a good sign.  I pissed her off on our first meeting.  

I thought she would walk out on me.  Instead, she grabbed the bowl of fresh fruit salad and poured some yoghurt on it.  She continued eating but, she angled herself away from me.  Then, the phone in my pocket started vibrating.  I planned to ignore whatever it is but, it wouldn't stop.

"Aren't you going to answer your phone?" She asked.  Her eyebrows askew.

"It can wait." I told her.  She carefully placed her bowl of fruits on the table.  I've noticed how her mood changed.  

"If we're going to do this, you should change your phone when we're together." She declared.

"Is that really necessary?" I contested.

"Not that we will be actually be together but, yes.  You can flirt with anyone you want but, not in front of me."

"Why do you even want to marry me?" I inquired.

"To get back at my father.  I just didn't-"

"So you think marrying a nobody like me would piss off your father?"

"I thought it was funny.  I didn't expect you would agree and sign the contract.  I guess you were desperate."

Every word she uttered cut through my pride.  I expected the situation to be like this but, hearing those from her were like sword cutting through my flesh.

"When is the wedding?" I asked while clenching my fists.

"What?!" 

"I signed the contract.  Might as well get to the end of it.  It's not everyday a heiress of a multi-million company would want to marry a nobody like me."

She stayed silent for a long time.  We stared at each other guessing what we were really thinking.  I will not allow this spoiled brat dominate me.

"We'll talk about it later.  Tell your parents.  Father will set a meeting soon."

"Why do I have to involve my parents in this mess?"

"Because you're marrying the heiress of Park Group of Companies!  I deserve a proper wedding and that means meeting your parents."

She suddenly stood up pushing the chair behind her noisily.  We attracted the attention around us.

"I'm leaving." She announced. 

And that's how our first meeting ended.  Not so good but, very interesting.