Just Married

PLAYING WITH DESTINY

 

 

To avoid unnecessary public attention, I asked our family lawyer to register our marriage documents at the city hall with utmost confidentiality. Just the mere mention of the name Kwon Jiyong brings the social media in turmoil. If our marriage certificate leaked out, it will be the responsibility of the city hall.

Married couple live together. That's a given fact. When I told Jiyong we have to start living together in  our new house, he insisted staying at his penthouse in Hannam. We argued for more than an hour on the phone but, I managed to convince him to visit the house before deciding. We arranged a date to meet. That would be our fourth time meeting each other personally. I noticed how his attitude changed every time we got to see each other. He's becoming colder and indifferent towards me.

 

I gave him the address of our new house in Gangnam. I chose the location because it's closer to my work. The high security in the affluent neighborhood will provide us especially Jiyong the privacy we need.

Kwon Jiyong was already waiting outside the house when I arrived. He was leaning on the boot of his black Lamborghini wearing a simple white linen shirt and shorts. He looked fresh and unbothered.

"You're early." I tried to sound friendly. I suddenly felt conscious the way he gave a swift look of my appearance.

"You look like a real estate agent ready to give me a house tour."

I felt my ears burned. How can he make me feel insecure every time he opened his mouth? I was wearing my working clothes. I'll be going straight to work after the house tour.

"I hope I can do a good job then."

It was a two-storey duplex house with stairs leading to the second floor. I started climbing the one on the right with Jiyong right behind me. I punched in the passcode and the door opened.

"It's our marriage date." I told Jiyong. 

"Didn't know you're the sentimental type." He commented.

"I just thought it's the easiest one to memorize. You can change it anytime" I explained. 

"Believe me. I'd rather forget it happened."

I pretended I didn't hear that. I should learn how to keep a straight face when dealing with Kwon Jiyong.

 

The spacious living room welcomed us. A narrow staircase at the far end of the room lead downstairs to the dining room and kitchen area. The door to the right opened to the only bedroom in the house. 

"Is this all?" He asked.

"Uhmmm. This is actually your side of the house." 

I stepped towards a large glass wall and pushed the surface. It opened to another room.

"This is mine." I stepped on the adjacent house with similar design but with different furnitures.