Home Sweet Home

PLAYING WITH DESTINY

 

The plane landed at Incheon International Airport thirty minutes later than scheduled.  There was a slight delay in Dubai due to technical issue. I didn't have checked in luggage.  My things were sent through UPS.  I skipped the part of waiting by the baggage conveyor.  After getting through immigration, I immediately spotted Father's personal driver.  He took my suitcase and led me to the parking area.  

 

It was just the start of spring.  My favorite part of the year.  Everyone was still wearing thick fashionable clothes no matter what their financial status.  Amongst the people in the arrival area, two particular guys caught my attention.  

 

The taller guy with medium built look awfully familiar.  What really caught me was the skinny guy beside him wearing a simple white shirt and tattered jeans.  His face was covered with black mask and dark sunglasses.  His simplicity screamed luxury.  I should be able to recognize expensive clothing even from a distance.  It's my job.

 

He was so relaxed and carefree.  I can smell his confidence from where I was standing.  I was so focused on him.  I didn't notice the people gushing at the same guy who caught my attention.

 

The driver ushered me to the car waiting not far from the two guys.  I was to get in the car when I finally recognized the tall guy.  I whipped around to find him standing several cars from ours.  He haven't noticed me yet or he just didn't recognized me as well.  It was my cousin, Choi Seunghyun.

 I heard he was working with Teddy.  Bom had mentioned it during one of our long distance conversation.  He was managing one of the artist in the agency.  I didn't understand how Seunghyun ended up at the agency.  He has more skills than just following around some artist.

 

The skinny guy with him must be from the agency.  I shot him another glance.  He's a bit familiar.  He should be if Seunghyun was in charge of him.  Then it hit me.  The last conversation I had with Father five years ago.  The photo in the folder.

I remembered seeing him at some of the fashion events I attended in Paris.  I've seen him once in New York.  He was always surrounded with photographers.  People were always calling his name.  G-Dragon. 

But, I was too busy to care.  I was studying double majors at King's.  It was the only way I could make Father happy and pursue what I really wanted.  It was exhausting.  I spent most of my times in the university.  There was no time to enjoy London's great outdoor.

On my fourth year I was able to find a company that gave credits to both of my majors.  It was a production company that catered to a wide variety of events.  I got involved with planning and organizing big events in the country and abroad. 

It was hectic but, exhilarating at the same time.  We're always working with luxury brands.  I was always around the rich and the famous.  The snobby and social climbers.  They are the worst to deal with especially at after parties.  Those were fun times.  I can't complain less.

The driver ushered me to the backseat of the car.  He informed me of our destination.  Park Hyatt Hotel.  I was scheduled to meet my fiance on my first day of my long overdue return.  Father can't wait to marry me off to a kpop idol.  

This is my price at playing with Destiny.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

 

        Do you want them to meet already?