Eight

Falling for an Octopus Head in Seven Days

“Soo… who exactly is this Nam Woohyun?” Eunmi asks as her hair is being styled.

“A friend,” says Jeongmin, who was leaning against the door frame, watching. “Childhood friend.”

Jeongmin just nods. ‘That jerk.’

 

The ride to the venue was silent, only Jeongmin throwing her compliments every now and then. Upon arrival, Eunmi could only gape.

“Ha, this guy’s richer than you, isn’t he, Jeong?”

“I… guess?”

Just then the music stopped and an announcement came. “All guests, please move to the lobby for the main event.”

“Main event?” Eunmi asks.

“I think it’s a game,” Jeongmin replies as he leads her inside.

 

“So basically~ You just have to chase the ‘it’ before ‘it’ gets to the rooftop to win! As the prize, I’d grant you a wish,” Woohyun spoke enthusiastically onto the microphone. “And I… I will choose who the ‘it’ will be. Remember, if the ‘it’ gets to the rooftop safely, he or she wins, okay?”

Murmurs erupted around the room, somewhere along the lines of “I wonder who’s going to be it” and “I hope I win, I really need a new car.”

Woohyun scans the crowd and smirks to himself as she spots Jeongmin and his girlfriend. “’It’ will be a girl this year~ Hmm…” he pretends to look around, but he was actually already fixed on choosing Jeongmin’s date.

“You! That pretty girl with the yellow dress! You are it for tonight~”

Eunmi tilts her head. Did he just point at… me? She looks down at her dress. Okaaay… It’s me alright.

“Hey um, Eunmi?”

“Hm?”

Run.”

 

“FUUUDGE! Does getting to the rooftop safely means not getting my dress ripped up or my heels snapped?” she screams as she runs along the hallway of the villa’s second floor, two middle-aged guys creeping up from behind her.

“Come on, little girl~ the ahjusshi really needs a new house~” one of the man cooes, and Eunmi makes a disgusted face as she zips around the corner, puffing out short breaths.

“As much… as… you want that new house… ahjusshi… I want… to win…” she pants as she grabs a doorknob at random and quickly runs inside the room, shutting the door and locking it.

Eunmi lets out a sigh of relief as she struggles to catch her breath. She doesn’t even know what room this is but doesn’t care anyway.

Until she saw a photograph of Jeongmin.

With… is that Eunkyung?!

“He never told me they were childhood friends… nor did Eunkyung…” she picks the picture frame up and examines it closer, moving to the window for the moonlight (since she couldn’t be bothered to turn the lights on).

“And this guy, this guy is Woohyun!” she smacks her forehead in realization. “So this must be his room…” she mutters.

She looks through the pictures hanging on the wall before finally deciding to continue the game and peeking out the hallway. It was mostly empty…

…Except for that guy who’s staring straight at her with a smirk on his face.

 

“Holy cheese.”

She screams and attempts to lock herself inside the room once again, but the guy was faster and was able to grab her wrist.

The guy pulled her swiftly inside the room and locked the door, smirk still pasted on his face.

“W-what do you want… Woohyun…?” she breathes out, moving as far away from said guy as possible.

“I don’t know… you, maybe?” Woohyun keeps moving closer to her. Closer, closer…

“Stop,” she pulls her face back as their noses were almost touching. “I have a boyfriend.”

“I know. Jeongmin, right?” he shrugs and casually sits down on his bed. “I’ve known him more than you have.”

“I figured,” she crosses her arms. “You knew Eunkyung, too.”

His face changed for a moment so quick that Eunmi barely noticed it. “Yeah…”

“Okay, so what now. Can you please let me go now so I could finish the game?”

“You don’t need to,” he points out. “I can give you anything you want, even if you don’t get to the rooftop.”

“How ‘bout no?” she raises an eyebrow. “I don’t really want anything right now.”

“Oh?”

“And Jeongmin is probably looking for me too so IthinkIshouldgonowbye,” she says, waving awkwardly at Woohyun and running towards the door. But Woohyun was faster.

“Jeongmin likes you.”

“Uh… duh?”    

“No. It’s different this time…” he looks down and eventually opens the door. “Here you go~” he smiles.

“W-wait, what do you mean?”

“I don’t know, you wanted to go out so here you go~” he smiles as he pushes her out. Hm. I guess Jeongmin isn’t the only one bipolar.

 

Eunmi glances around her for anything suspicious before she steps outside. Sheesh, does this house have to be so big? I could so totally get lost in here!

“Ah, there you are!” a voice says. She gets ready to make a run for it until she sees a panting Jeongmin rushing up to her.

“What happened to you?” she asks, a bit amused at the look on his face.

“I was looking for you, duh. And I was worried you might trip over or something,” he huffs out.

“Aw, how cute,” she laughs before noticing Jeongmin eyeing her.

“Your dress is ruined!” he pouts. “And hey, did you just come out of Woohyun’s room?”

“Y-yeah, why?”

“Did you see anything? Did Woohyun catch you?”

“Was there something I wasn’t supposed to see?” she frowns. “And yeah, Woohyun did see me in his room.”

“And?”

“What are you so curious about? He didn’t me, I’m fine!”

“You know what? Fine. Let’s just get out of here. I’m not feeling so good right now,” he says and drags her out. He tells a butler on their way out to tell Woohyun that they were going.

 

“What is wrong with you? We didn’t even get to finish the party!” Eunmi asks, frustrated. They were sitting in Jeongmin’s car, on the way to Eunmi’s place.

“I told you, I wasn’t feeling well!”

“So suddenly?” she frowns.

“I think it was the food,” Jeongmin fakes a groan.

“So you got food poisoned. Uh-huh,” she nods sarcastically.

“But I was!”

“Huh, funny you look okay to me. You’re not even pale or anything,” she rolls her eyes.

Jeongmin pouts. “Okay, fine. Sorry babe.”

“Pfft. Whatever you gay octopus.”

“Why are you still calling me that?!”

“Oops. Sorry not sorry,” Eunmi sticks her tongue out at him.

“You…” Jeongmin growls. “Fine then,” he shrugs. “Miss Rank Two.”

“You did not just call me that.”

“Ha, guess what? I did,” Jeongmin smirks and sticks his own tongue out.

“You are soooo broken up with.”

“Ha-ha, but you can’t break up with me,” he says in a sing-song voice.

“Who says so?” she glares at him. “From what I know, there isn’t anything official binding me to you, so guess what?”

“What?” Jeongmin’s eyebrow rose.

“O-V-E-R~”

“Babe, noooo!” he fake cries.

“LOLOLOL GOTCHA, JERKMIN~”

“Oh, I’m so gonna kill you JANG EUNMI! Do not scare me like that.”

 

“Jeongmin likes you. It’s different this time…”

Jeongmin likes you

Jeongmin likes you

Jeongmin likes you

 

Eunmi frowns. Really, huh?

 

 


guys, i don't know what to say. i'm so sorry i haven't updated in two months, i'm surprised none of you have unsubscribed yet. ;A;