Seven

Falling for an Octopus Head in Seven Days

 

Jeongmin stares at a blue scented envelope as he sits on his bed. ‘Aish, this person… he’s the real jerk.’

 

“Hi! I’m Yeonhee!” a petite girl of about seven beams as she hold out her hand.

She looks up from her play tea set and smiles. “Nice to meet you! I’m—”

“Yah! Aren’t you gonna play with us?” Jeongmin asks, his hands in his pockets.

“C-coming! Just…” she glances at Jeongmin and at Yeonhee. She stands up and whispers to Yeonhee, “I’m Eunkyung! You can play with my toys till I come back! You see, those two…” she pointed at Jeongmin, who was now accompanied with another boy. “…Those two don’t like others in our group so I’m really sorry I can’t invite you with us… but from now on, we’re friends, okay?”

 

“Hey,” Jeongmin greets Eunkyung.

“What took you so long?” the other boy huffs as Eunkyung catches up to them.

“I just…” she looks down.

“Have you been making friends, Kyung?” she whimpers as the boy shoots her a piercing glare. “I told you, you’re not allowed to be friends with anyone but me and Jeongmin.”

“I… I… I just wanted to be friend with girls. I mean, you guys are boys, and boys play with things different from what girls play with…”

“Eunkyung. Do not see her again, okay?”

Jeongmin just stays silent.

“O-okay…” she sighs softly, trying to fight back her tears.

 

“Look! Here’s my doll and her clothes! Let’s play dress up!” Eunkyung grins at Yeonhee.

“Great idea!” Yeonhee grins back, looking at all the doll’s miniature clothes and shoes.

“I like you, Yeon unnie!” she says with a sincere smile. “I’m sorry you can’t hang out with us and Jeongmin though…”

“It’s fine~”

 

“You’ve been hanging out with that Yeonhee girl again, haven’t you?”

“N-no…”

“I saw you, Eunkyung! Don’t lie to me.”

“But… why is it such a big deal, anyway?”

“Because, Eunkyung… You. Are. Mine. Understand?”

Although she didn’t, she replied with a small nod.

 

“I DON’T LIKE YOU! I DON’T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN, EUNKYUNG! I HATE YOU!” Eunkyung’s eyes widen at those words.

“Unnie…”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT! WE’RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE, UNDERSTAND?!”

“No… I… Why, Yeonhee? Did I… did I do something bad?”

“DON’T ACT LIKE YOU DON’T KNOW! HE TOLD ME YOU MADE FUN OF ME. THAT YOU THINK MY HAIR LOOKS STUPID AND I’M A LOSER. I HATE YOU!”

 

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Jeongmin sighs as they watch the scene.

“But she’s ours, okay, Jeongmin? We’re the only ones she should play with.”

Jeongmin does nothing, just sits, shaking his head.

 

Jeongmin pulls out his phone and dials Eunmi.

“Babe.”

“What?”

“We’re going on a party tomorrow, okay? I’ll pick you up at five to get you ready.”

“Wait, what?! What party? Whose party?”

“Ah, just be ready! I’ll pick you up at five, don’t forget.”

He could hear a groan from the other end of the line. “Fine, fine.”

 

 

Lee Jeongmin and acquaintances,

 

You have been invited to my birthday party tomorrow, at 8:00 PM at the Wind Villa. It’s summer-themed, please dress in summer attires.

-       Nam Woohyun

 

 

 


hello~ I'm back! This is short, sorry. It's only a filler for the next chapter. >< HAven't updated in like, three weeks because exams and projects fuuuuu