Two

Falling for an Octopus Head in Seven Days

 

Sick (and still a jerk)

Rain was still pouring the next day.

 

And guess what? Jeongmin had to stay home because he was sick from playing in the rain yesterday.

“I swear, whoever took my umbrella is gonna die a terrible death!” he cursed, still wrapped in his blanket with a thermometer stuck in his mouth. “I’ll bet it was that weird person who was shouting at me at the field yesterday.”

“Jeongmin? Are you okay there, sweetie?” his mom called hearing him muttering from the next room, before coming in to check.

The thermometer beeped, and his mom took it. 37.9.

“Yes, mom. I’m fine,” he almost whined.

“With a temperature like this,” she held up the thermometer. “I’d doubt that.”

“Can’t I at least go to the café?” Their cafe was one of his favorite places. He would sit in a corner and silently judge the customers. Seriously.

“But, sweetie, you’re sick!”

“It’s fine mom. Look,” he stood up and did jumping jacks. “I’m fine.”

She hesitated for a bit, but decided that since his father would be there, he’d be fine. “Okay, but… I’ll drive you there, okay?”

“Okay, sure,” he shrugged.

 

Meanwhile, two streets away from his house

           

The sun was shining through her window as Eunmi woke up, partly blinding her. She stretched her arms and let out an mmm… of pleasure.

She got up and jumped on her bed, realizing it was a Saturday— a day away from school. She immediately showered and got dressed for her Saturdayly routine of going to the café for a latte and muffins.

She usually took the bus, but this time she decided to walk there.

She walked out the door with her headphones around her neck and her bag slung over her shoulder. It was still raining, so she grabbed the umbrella from yesterday and headed to the café.

 

Eun mi sat on her usual table by the window and called a waiter. She came here quite often and was quite known by the shop’s owner and was often given special treatment by the shop.

“Uh… I’ll just have the usual,” she said as the waiter with a nametag marked 'Donghyun' walked to her.

“Okay, it’ll be ready in five minutes!” the waiter replied with a smile.

She sat back, admiring the garden that was beyond the glass window. It looked better in the rain.

She was playing a game on her phone when her order arrived. Looking up, she thanked the waiter and smiled.

Little did she know that she was going to meet an irritating someone that morning.

Sipping her coffee, she put on her headphones and pulled out a book. She often gets too engrossed in her book that there are times when it was like she was in the book herself. Today was one of those times.

 

Jeongmin had spotted the all too familiar figure of Eunmi reading in the café— his café. Smirking, he made his way to her and sat down across her. Eunmi had her headphones on and hadn’t even looked up from her book.

He sighed.

“Hey.” No reply.

“Hey!” Still no reply.

“Yah! Jang Eunmi!” He shouted at her, snatching her book away.

“YAH! How dare you? They were about to…” she whined, trying to get the book back, not even caring who took her book. She looked up. “…YOU?!”

He smirked. “Yes. Me.”

“W-what are you doing here?!”

“I think I should be the one to ask you that… since this is our shop.”

She scrunched her face up. “What do you mean yours? I’ve met the owner!”

“Well, obviously you don’t know him well yet…”

“What are you saying?!”

“The owner’s my dad.”

Her eyes widened. What. The. “SERIOUSLY?!”

He smirked and nodded.

She called for a paper box for her muffins and got ready to leave, grabbing her things and the umbrella.

“HEY! That’s mine!”

She turned around, frowning. “What’s yours?”

“That!” He pointed to the umbrella.

“What.”

“It’s mine!”

“It’s pink. And blue. With bunnies.” She stares him with wide eyes.

“So?”

“You’re gay, aren’t you,” she said, mostly a statement rather than a question. "A gay octopus."

“No, I’m not!”

“Oh, really? I think you’re the only guy I know with this kind of things,” she snorts. 

“Maybe that’s because you don’t know many peo—” he was cut off with his sneeze. “See? I’m sick!”

“You’re not…” she touched his forehead. He was right. He was sick. “…sick…”

“Told ya! Now give that back!”

Feeling guilty, she gave the umbrella back. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay~ You know, you can make it up to me~"

"How?"

"Well..." He leaned in and whispers to her ear.

 

And she didn't know about that suspicious smirk on his face. 

 

 


Another short one TT^TT 

I hope this is good enough.