Five

Falling for an Octopus Head in Seven Days

Day III

YAH, WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, YOU STUPID JERK?!” Eunmi screams as she tries to pull away from Jeongmin. He had carried her over his shoulder like some kind of bag.

“Are you trying to ruin my ears?” he says as he adjusts her to his comfort. “We’re just going to the salon, honey.”

“Stop calling me hon— what are we gonna do at the salon?”

“We’re getting you a make-over.”

She pouted. “What, you don’t like how I look right now?”

“No, that’s not what I meant by that. I just wanna see you all dressed up, honeeey~

“You’re basically complaining about my fashion views,” she frowns. “And I told you to stop calling me honey!”

“No, I’m not,” he sighs. “But you’re my honey. So I’ll call you honey.”

She rolls her eyes. “Put me down, then.”

“I don’t have the guarantee that you won’t run away once I do, so I won’t.”

Eunmi groans and huffs.

 

Take care of her, noona!” Jeongmin smiles as she pushes Eunmi in front of a beautiful, tall lady.

The beauty grins at him and looks at Eunmi. “So, what’s the occasion? Is she your girlfriend, Jeongminnie?”

“There’s no occasion~ I just want her all dressed up and pretty. And yes, she’s my girl,” he grins almost triumphantly at the tall girl.

“Good for you! She’s really pretty~” she turns to Eunmi. “Let SungJi unnie take care of you, neh?”

Eunmi gapes but nods her head.

 

Three hours later Eunmi comes out of the dressing room clumsily. She had tried on a million dresses that day and was extremely tired.

“Jeongmin-ah, I want to go home!” she whines. “Let’s go ho—”

“OH, GOSH YOU ARE SO PRETTY YOU SHOULD WEAR DRESSES MORE OFTEN OHMAIGAHD I’M FANBOYING OVER YOU!”

Her eyes widen as she takes in the scene in front of her. The Jeongmin she knew never acted like this; he was more of the ‘I’m so cool and rich, bow down before me’ type, so she seriously had a hard time getting over the fact that Jeongmin was squealing like a girl.

“Jeongmin? Is that you?” she finally stutters out. “What happened to cool Jeongmin?” she says teasingly.

His happy face drops into a pokered one and he clears his throat. “I… Um…”

And Eunmi just chuckles.

SungJi peeks out and walks over to the two. “I see you liked my work,” she grins at Jeongmin.

“I sure did! You made a miracle out of her! She’s usually ugly,” he grins back.

“HEY! YOU ALWAYS TEASED ME ABOUT BEING PRET— Mmpf!” she feels tentacles wrapping around , preventing her from saying anything more.

Jeongmin puzzled her, really. When it was just the two of them, even before this dating thing started, he called her pretty and stuff. But when other people are around he puts on his cool act. He’s bipolar, isn’t he.

 

Okaaay, can we go home now?” she whines as she awkwardly pulls the hem of her dress down her legs.

“I’m hungry, let’s go eat!” he says, completely ignoring her whines and mutterings.

“I don’t want to eat, I wanna go home!”

“But I’m hungry!”

“You can eat at my house! Please, let’s just go!”

“Nope, we’re going to our café,” he smirks and sticks his tongue out.

Her eyes lit up at that and she agrees cheerfully because that café had always been her happy place.

 

Jeongmin pushes open the doors and the familiar smell of roasted coffee beans and blueberry muffins welcomed them.

“I want a blueberry cheesecake and a tall latte, Jeongmin.”

“I’m not getting you those until you call me oppa.”

She groans and face-palms.

“Fine. I want a blueberry cheesecake and a tall latte, oppa.

He smirks at her and calls for a waiter.

“On second thought, I’d like a cappuccino with lots of cream!”

He sighs but nods and places their orders.

 

Their orders come ten minutes later and Eunmi digs in happily. She takes out a book from her bag and flips it open, but Jeongmin snatches it away.

“Yah!”

“You’re gonna ignore me once you start reading your book,” he pouts.

She glares at him and takes a sip of her cappuccino, the frothy cream getting on her lips and nose. Jeongmin raises an eyebrow and points to his own lips, trying to make Eunmi clean hers. She only tilts her head in confusion and tries to her lips, only to smear it even more.

Jeongmin sighs and leans across the table to clean the cream off her nose, at it. He then proceeded to wipe the cream on with his thumb while Eunmi sat, shocked, before finally coming to her senses seconds later.

“Ew, Lee Jeongmin! Ewewewewewewewew! Your spit is on my nose!” she whines, grabbing a tissue and wiping her nose and her lips.

He smirks at her and then grins.

“YAH YOU JERK! THAT WAS DISGUSTING! I CAN SMELL YOUR SALIVA! OHGAHD EWWWW!”

“You’re such a sissy,” he speaks, still keeping that smirk planted on his face.

“Shut up.”

He merely sticks his tongue out and takes a bit of his muffin.

 

Jerkmin, let’s go hooome now,” she says to a dazed Jeongmin. “I’m tired.”

He snaps out of his daze and nods. They take Jeongmin’s car (brought over there by one of their drivers when his father found out they travelled on foot to the café) and drive to Eunmi’s house in silence. Eunmi falls asleep on the way and Jeongmin smiles, glancing at her and reaching over to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

They arrive at her front gate fifteen minutes later and he wakes her up.

“Yah Jang Eunmi, wake up. You snore.”

She raises her head and rubs her eyes as she tries to say an ‘I do not’ between a yawn.

He gets up and opens the car door for her and accompanies her to the door.

“Good night, Eunmi,” he smiles at her.

“Good night… Jerkmin,” she smiles back.

“Good night kiss?” he asks, puckering his lips.

She chuckles sarcastically. “No.”

He pouts and turns to leave, but not before shouting, “Before this week is over you’ll be the one asking for my kisses!”

 

 


Okay, I seriously cannot write long chapters. Why. Anyway, here's an update for you all~ <3