Three

Falling for an Octopus Head in Seven Days

 

Girlfriend

 

What the hell? No way!” She gaped at him.

He pouted. “Aren’t you guilty, Eunmi? I’m sick… Because of you…” He looked at her with big puppy eyes. “I thought you wanted to make it up to me…”

She looked away. “Don’t look at me like that, Lee Jeongmin! Don’t you dare look at me like that!”

He moved to where she was facing, still continuing the puppy-eyed look, and said, “Please?”

She groaned. “Okay. One day.”

“One month.”

“What? NO. One week.”

“Two.”

“I’m not doing this anymore.”

“Okay, okay. One week,” he sighed and grabbed her arm. “Let’s not waste a minute of this seven days, then hm?” he smiles at her and drags her to the door.

“W-wait. Where are we going?”

“You’ll see, honey.

“Excuse me?”

He smirked and dragged her out to one of the delivery motorcycles (Yes, they made deliveries, however weird that may seem for a café). “Get on.”

“What? I’m not riding that thing!” she shouted, yanking her arm away from his hold.

“Oh, come on, you’re safe with me~” he cooes, handing her a helmet and climbing on the motorbike.

“No.”

“Are you scared?” Well, that comment challenged her enough.

“N-no, I’m not,” she said, putting the helmet on and climbing on. “Let’s go.”

He grins in triumph before speeding away to someplace still unknown for Eunmi.

 

Arriving at the place, Jeongmin parks the motor bike in the parking space of this… beach?

“Um… Mind telling me where we are?” Eunmi asks as she jumps off the bike.

“Well… a beach?”

“And?”

“My beach, actually.”

“Yours?” she snorts.

“Yeah, mine. My parents got this for me for my birthday.”

“Whatever, you show-off,” she says, hitting him playfully on the shoulder.

He chuckles and picks her up, carrying her to the shore.

“Y-YAH! Put me down this instant, Lee Jeongmin!” she yells at him, hitting his chest.

“No way, honey~”

She hits him harder. “Don’t call me that!”

He grins. “But I want to…”

“But I don’t.”

“Then I’ll throw you to the ocean.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” she says, looking at the water.

“Oh, I do dare,” he says with a smirk and threw her in. Fortunately the place she landed on was near the shore.

“YAH, YOU JERK!” she screams at him. “I’m all wet!”

“Oh, are you, now?” he mocks.

She scoffs and rolls her eyes, splashing him back. “How do you like that, Jeongmin?”

“YAH! NOW I’M WET!”

She grins and splashes him with more water like a cliché movie scene until he carried her up (“YAH!”) and set her down on the shore.

“That’s enough,” he chuckles. “Let’s get changed.”

She nods and stands up, following Jeongmin. He grabbed a towel and dried her hair.

“I can do it myself.”

“But I’m not letting you,” he grins. “I got you some clothes. They should be in the showers.”

“When’d you have time to do that?”

He just continues grinning and drying her hair.

 

After thirty minutes they were both changed. EunMi in a pink dress and Jeongmin in a printed white shirt and baggy shorts.

 

“LEE JEONGMIN, YOU’RE GONNA DIE,” Eunmi shouts as she slams her fist against the boys’ shower room’s door.

“What?” he smirks as he opens the door, half-. Eunmi shrieks and pushes him back inside the shower room.

“Don’t do that!”

“Don’t do what?”

“Showing your ugly body!”

“Ugly? You drooled.”

“No, I did not!”

“Whatever. Your dress looks nice, by the way.”

She turns red with anger as she remember why she even went to Jeongmin in the first place. “Jerk, I told you I didn’t like dresses!”

He grinned as he went out, now wearing a shirt. “So you did.”

“You jerk,” she hissed.

“Take it off if you want to. I mean, if you prefer to strut around , just take the dress off.”

She blushes and pouts. “I’ll get you back someday, you octopus.”

“I never really understood why you call me that.”

 

They walked along the shore side-by-side, watching the waves.

“This scene would be perfect if you held my hand.”

“Then this scene would never be perfect.”

“Aw, come on, please?”

“No, ew.”

He pouts and grabs her hand intertwining her fingers with his. He smiles.

“You’re hot.”

“Why, thank you,” he smirks.

She rolls her eyes. “I mean literally.”

“Of course. I’m still sick.”

“I’m sorry.” 

He grins teasingly. “I see you have a soft spot for me after all.”

“No, duh. I just… feel guilty for… you know.”

He smiles. Sincerely this time. “No need to be. I’ll be perfectly fine!”

She smiles back at him and chuckles. “Yeah, tomorrow you’ll probably be mocking me again.”

“For your information, I don’t mock my girlfriend. I never have.”

She an eyebrow. “Are you indirectly showing off that you had a lot of past girlfriends?”

“Why? Are you jealous?” He smirks, drawing out the last word.

“Excuse me, why would I be?”

“I don’t know. But actually, you’re my first. Honest.”

“Are you serious?” She scoffs. “You look like you’ve probably had like ten before.”

“Nope,” he shakes his head. “Just you.”

She blinks. “Okay then.”

“That’s it? You should be honored. I mean, your boyfriend is the Lee Jeongmin.”

“Well, unfortunately, I’m not honored. Besides, This is only for seven days.”

We’ll see about that.”

 

 

There’s this treehouse my dad and I built over there. Wanna check it out?” he says, pointing to a part of the beach with large trees.

“Just how big is this beach, exactly?”

“Let’s see, um…” he taps his chin. “If you get killed and you got buried here, no one would probably find you…”

“That’s very disturbing.”

“…Except me,” he grins as he stops in front of a tall tree. It was probably one of the tallest and widest Eunmi has ever seen. He points to the rope ladder and grins. 

“You go first. I’m in a dress, you .”

He smirks and starts climbing up. Looking down at her, he says, “The view of the sunset from up here is very pretty. Me and my dad used to climb here every afternoon just to see the view,” he smiles, helping her up.

“ ‘Used to’?”

“Well, my dad became busy. I mean, he has a business corporation.”

She nods. “I see…”

The treehouse was more like a large porch with a small room in the middle. Jeongmin grabs a blanket from inside and wraps it around them as they sit together.

He stares at her and smiles. He had always liked her, and though he tried to deny it to himself before, his feelings were crystal clear now.

“Call me oppa,” he suddenly blurts out.

“What?” She stares at him in disbelief. “I prefer gay octopus.”

“Seriously. Stop calling me that. ‘Oppa’.”

She shook her head. “Nope. Gay octopus.”

“OPPA~ CALL ME OPPA~”

“You sound weird right now.”

“I don’t care. Call me oppa.”

“Dunwanna.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“What kind of answer is that?”

She shrugs. “Why do you want me to call you oppa?”

“Because.” He smirks, imitating her answer before.

She just rolls her eyes and rests her head on Jeongmin’s shoulder, staring at the sunset.

“You’re right, it is beautiful.”

“I’m always right, babe.”

“Don’t call me babe.”

“Then call me oppa.”

Jeongmin hears soft snores beside him and smiles. He pulls the blanket up to their shoulders and adjusts Eunmi so her head was resting on is lap. She smiles in her sleep and continues snoring softly.

“I like you, Eunmi. So much that this seven days would be the best seven days of my life…” he says, pressing a kiss on her forehead. “So much.”


Yay, a long-ish chapter. Heehee. Fail fluff. .____.