Four

Falling for an Octopus Head in Seven Days

 

Day II

The next day Eunmi wakes up in a futon with Jeongmin beside her. She smiles before her eyes widen.

“OH SHOOT! WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE AM I? FUDGE, MY MOM WILL KILL ME! JEONGMIN, WAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUP!”

“I’m up!” he groans.

“Take me home! Right now!”

He smirks. “Are you sure about that?”

“Take me to my  home, you idiotic ert!”

“Whoa, stop. That is no way to talk to your boyfriend.”

“Oh, please, Jeongmin, let’s just go! My mom, she would fudgin’ kill me!”

“Alright, alright,” he says, standing up.

 

Eunmi scrambles down the rope ladder, squealing softly as she slips a little (“Be careful, babe!”), and practically drags Jeongmin to the motorbike.

They jump on the bike and Jeongmin speeds away with Eunmi clutching onto him tightly, her dress flying.

“B-baby, you’re dress is flying…”

Eunmi blushes and tries to keep a tight hold of him while pulling her dress down. “Your fault. I told you I hate dresses.”

 

When they arrived, police officers were at their door. Eunmi tries to slowly creep inside when an officer caught sight of her.

“There she is!” and all heads turned her direction. Her mom was… crying?

“Mom? Are you… crying?” she speaks, her eyes wide.

“Y-you…! Why weren’t you answering your phone?! You went out yesterday morning and you only come back today? Without giving us any idea of where you are or at least where you might be! And you’re asking me if I’m crying!”

“I…I… I’m sorry, mom…” she says and hugs her. She motions for the police that it’s okay to leave now and pulls Jeongmin to her side. “It’s his fault.”

Jeongmin gapes but soon started to say, “I’m terribly sorry, ma’am.”

“And... who’s he?”

“He’s just a classma—”

“I’m her boyfriend,” he grins.

And boy, how Eunmi wanted some octopus sushi that morning.

 

EUNMI CALL ME OPPA!”

“WHAT? NO WAY. YOU’RE ONLY LIKE, SIX MONTHS OLDER THAN ME,” she rolls her eyes and shouts from the kitchen to the guy watching TV in the living room. It just happened that Eunmi’s mother made her cook some breakfast for them both and told Jeongmin to stay for as long as he liked. Wootwoot.

“BUT I’M YOUR BOYFRIEND,” he says and she hears him stand up. Within seconds his arms were wrapped around her waist and he was nuzzling her neck.

She ignores his actions and continues beating eggs. “Says who?”

“Says me,” he pouts.

“Get off me, Jeongmin. I’m trying to cook.”

“You don’t have to. I can just eat you,” he smirks at her.

“What the fudge, you octopus. Stop that.”

“Stop what?”

“That.”

“Being y?”

She made a face and proceeded to fry the eggs, pushing Jeongmin off her. Jeongmin pouts and sits on top of the table.

“You should add some basil leaves~ They’ll taste great!”

She frowns. “I don’t like basil.”

“Why? I like them. My mom uses them on my breakfast eggs.”

“Oh?” she raises an eyebrow. “Poor you, then. I don’t like them, and I’m the cook.”

“You’re a pretty cook.”

“I never knew you’d be such a sweet talker, you octopus.”

He his head. “And why is that?”

“Because I always thought of you as a jerk. Lee Jerkmin.”

“Ouch.”

“Ouch is right.”

 

So, honey. What are we gonna do today?” Jeongmin says as he wipes his hands on his pants.

“Erm… laze around?” she looks up at him.

He squints his eyes and makes a face. “That sounds lame.”

“Then we should go watch a movie,” she shrugs.

He grins and nods.

“…at home.”

He pouts slightly but grins at the idea of cuddling in the couch with Eunmi. “Okay.”

“What do you wanna watch, then?”

“I want a horror movie.”

“But I want to watch Tangled.”

“You’ve watched that, like, seven times since it released,” he rolls his eyes. “Don’t you get tired of it? I mean you already know what’s gonna happen, anyway.”

She pouts. “Rise of the Guardians, then?”

He pauses. Yes, he’d been wanting to watch that movie for some time now. “Okay, great. You’ve got a DVD copy of it or anything?”

“Yep,” she nods as she goes over to the cabinet beside the TV and starts looking for the copy. She finds it near the top of the stack and grins. “Right here!”

 

I like Jack Frost. He’s cute!” Eunmi grins and looks up at Jeongmin, who was munching on some buttered popcorn.

“He’s also not real.”

She pouts and hits him on the shoulder.

“YAH! What was that for?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugs. “My fist wanted to hit your shoulder.”

He scoffs and rolls his eyes. “Let’s continue with the movie, okay?”

She smiles and stands up. “I’ll go get some ice cream,” she says as she heads off to the kitchen.

“But you’re gonna miss this part! It’s the best part yet!”

“I’ve watched that before,” she grins at him and continues on.

“Get me chocolate!”

 

Baby, I wanna go out on a date.”

She sighs. “What?”

“I said, I wanna go on a date.”

“Why?”

“Um, because I’m your boyfriend?”

“And…? What’s that gotta do with spending my Sunday at home with ice cream?” she pouts.

“Aw, come on! Let’s eat out.”

“I’m completely fine with my couch and my ice cream and my book and my music.”

“But I’m not. Let’s go out, honey.”

“No.”

“Whyyyyy?”

“I told you.

“Nope,” she crosses her arms and lays on the couch. “I’m completely comfortable here.”

Then I’ll make you uncomfortable, hohoho. He smirks and jumps on top of her, straddling her legs. “Still comfortable?”

She decides to keep her side and stutters a ‘yes’. He smiles and starts tickling her sides. “How ‘bout now?”

She starts laughing uncontrollably and kicks her legs, making Jeongmin fall on top of her. (Oh, how cliché is the world?)

“O-okay, now I’m uncomfortable.”

He looks flustered for a second but soon smirks in victory. “We’re going on a date, then?”

“Suuuure.” She rolls her eyes and heads to her room to change, since she was in her shorts and a shirt.

 

 


hoho, how was this chapter? I'm so cliche. .____. It's so short, too. OTL.