Trip

Through The Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.”

Sakura raised her brow when Chaewon calmly rejected her idea of going to Japan, to meet her family. She thought after all these years, Chaewon will finally be ready, as she accepted her proposal. But apparently, it wasn’t the case.

“But why? I already met your whole family, even your grandma’s sister. It will be just my parents, Shou-kun, and probably my grandma.”

Chaewon bit her lips and lowered her head, her hand playing with the rice in front of her. Sakura stared at her fiancee until a smirk appeared on her lips.

“Was it because that time you woke up when I video called them?”

Sakura's laugh erupted when a pair of chopsticks flew toward her. On the opposite side of the table, Chaewon tried hard to fan her reddened face.

“Ugh I can’t believe you! At least tell me when they called?!”

Sakura wiped the tears on the corners of her eyes and Chaewon’s chopsticks before she put that on top of Chaewon’s plate. She couldn’t help but pat her head. How can she not, when Chaewon is so adorable like that.

“Oh come on, it was only my mom. Not like the whole family saw you. Mom probably forgot that too.”

Chaewon sulked as she put her food inside her cheeks, just like a squirrel. Sakura lets her, though. Knowing she is indeed upset.

“Okay, even though my mom was the one who called and there is no way you're gonna blame her, I’ll take the blame. I’m sorry.”

Chaewon didn’t say anything, and tried to chew all the food inside . Sakura sighed, as now she feels bad for making fun of her fiancee.

“Are you upset?”

Chaewon still ignored the older woman and picked up her empty plates, along with Sakura’s, and went straight to the dishwasher. Sakura just let her, though. 

“…I’m going out.”

Uh oh, she’s really upset. Sakura immediately ran toward Chaewon, who was now trying to put on her shoes as fast as she could.

“Hey, I’m sorry, okay? I make fun of you, and for not telling you about the video. Please don’t be upset?”

Chaewon didn’t even turn her head toward Sakura, she just hummed and went to the door before she disappeared. Stunned, Sakura could only stand there in front of the door, not knowing what happened.

“I’m so sorry, did I make you wait?”

Chaewon rushed to a table where a lady sat there, enjoying a cup of Matcha tea with untouched shortcake. The older lady turned her head toward Chaewon and smiled softly.

“It’s okay, dear. I didn’t wait for long.”

Chaewon put her bag on the empty chair beside her, before smiling brightly at the woman on the opposite side of her.

“So, how is it? Do you think she falls for that?”

The older lady chuckled elegantly, with her hand covering .

“I know my Saachan, and I’m pretty sure she’s feeling rather confused right now. But I’m also sure she believes you are upset with her.”

Chaewon grinned at the woman in front of her. The woman who doesn’t seem like she’s aging, and resembles her older fiancee. Yes, it was Mrs. Miyawaki, a.k.a Sakura’s mom in front of her.

“I’m so excited when you asked me to do this prank. How can you come up with this idea, mom?”

Yes, behind Sakura’s back, Chaewon and her own mother were actually close. Even before Sakura proposed to her, Sakura’s mom was constantly in touch with Chaewon because her daughter couldn’t be reached oftenly. And when her mom found out Sakura had proposed, she insisted on being called ‘mom’ by Chaewon.

“Oh come on now, I always watch your videos dear. I absolutely loved the one you pranked Saachan.”

Chaewon grinned happily as her Chocolate milkshake was being served. Mrs. Miyawaki watches her fondly.

“So, how’s the wedding preparation? Have you guys decided the date yet?”

Chaewon takes a gulp of her drink before she shakes her head.

“Not yet. Kkura unnie is gonna have a big tournament soon and I’ve been busy with endorsements and collaborations. But we both agree to take a break around…early next year?”

Mrs. Miyawaki nodded her head in agreement when Chaewon mentioned the break.

“That’s good, you two need to take a break once in a while. Oh right, before I forgot,”ㅡMrs. Miyawaki rummaging something inside her bag before her attention went back to Chaewonㅡ”Tell Saachan that I, we, are waiting for her in Japan. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter