Strange Day

Through The Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura was…restless. At least that’s what Chaewon has felt ever since yesterday. Her birthday has passed, Sakura’s birthday still has a long way to go. They haven’t really talked about their wedding plan, since both of them are still enjoying their life and aren't really pressured to do the wedding. And as far as she knows, there is no competition or stuff that makes Sakura restless like this.

First time she noticed her girlfriend acting restless was when Sakura went back home from her practice yesterday. She usually went to practice twice a week with her teammates, usually on Tuesday and Thursday. She went to practice like usual, after eating lunch together with her, sneaking kisses (and making Sakura late for her practice). Nothing different.

But when she got home, her girlfriend looked…distant. Chaewon realized it when Sakura said she wasn’t hungry for dinner and went straight to her gaming room. Chaewon thought she was just having a bad day at practice so she let her be, but when Sakura finally joined her in bed, she didn't cuddle.

Sakura never went to bed without cuddling with her.

And now, on Friday morning, Sakura is nowhere to be found. Her intel (Hyewon) told her she was at their practice building and it was not even her practice schedule.

Chaewon was beyond confused. Was it her? Did she forget something about Sakura? Chaewon sighs as she stirred her morning coffee. This whole situation brings her back to their early days when they start dating. Their communication as a couple was bad, to the point they have broken up more than twice due to the lack of communication.

Chaewon thought they had fixed that, and communication was something that was out of the problem in their relationship. Both she and Sakura now have opened up with each other and have no problem communicating their frustration or displeasure with each other. 

So now, Chaewon has no idea what the hell is going on with her girlfriend.

“That bad?”

Chaewon looks up from her cup to see Yuri. She has called the younger girl and is trying to vent her confusion over the older girl. 

“I guess? I mean, she doesn’t even talk. Went straight to her gaming room and locked herself there until bedtime. She doesn’t even say anything-“

“Nor cuddle you.”

Chaewon rolled her eyes as Yuri tried to hold back her smirk with her damn metal straw.

“Yes, no cuddle. It was weird, you know. I thought we had fixed this whole communication thing. She was doing great, I was doing great. I don’t know what happened to her this time.”

Chaewon slumped her upper body onto the table, earning a pity look from the younger woman.

“Wish I could help you, but Yena unnie didn’t come to their practice yesterday-“

Chaewon lifts her body.

“Was it because of Yena unnie? Was it because she skipped the practice and then my baby got pissed-“

“And not cuddling you because of that? Yeah, I really believe that.”

Chaewon groaned. Yuri moved over from her seat to Chaewon’s side before patting the fairy-like-woman.

“Unnie, maybe she just needs time? We all know Kkura unnie preferred to keep something until she calms down. Maybe she’s just afraid to hurt you if she talks now.”

Chaewon whimpers, and Yuri takes it as an agreement. Yuri has been friends with the couple ever since she dated her girlfriend, Yena. And she knew Chaewon aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter