Chapter 15

Still I Remember

 

Sungjong scoop a big spoon of ice cream and eat them harshly. He scoops another and eats even though the one in his mouth is still not melting.

 

“Can you stop that?” Sungyeol nags.

 

“No,” the younger replies nonchalantly, feeding himself spoons of ice cream.

 

Sungyeol groans. “Cut it out. Woohyun had gone and I won’t tell him to come back here just because you’re throwing tantrum.”

 

Sungjong mumbled under his breath, ignoring his older brother and Myungsoo on the couch as he continues to eat the tub of ice cream clean. He is sitting on the floor near Myungsoo’s feet, watching whatever showing on the television screen.

 

“You will get stomach ache, Sungjong. That is your fourth ice cream this evening,” Myungsoo says.

 

“What? Now you really should stop eating.” Sungyeol grabs on the ice cream. “Give me!”

 

Sungjong shield his tub of ice cream from Sungyeol’s reach. “No. It’s mine. Woohyun hyung bought them all for me,”

 

“He didn’t mean for you to eat them all in a night,” Sungyeol brush his hair frustratedly. “Keep that up and I will send you back home.”

 

Sungjong keep his quiet, eating his ice cream as if he didn’t hear his older brother.

 

Myungsoo stare at the back of Sungjong’s head before turning to Sungyeol. “I think you should. Woohyun hyung is not here, so Sungjong doesn’t have a reason to stay. He can come back when Woohyun hyung is back,”

 

“Yeah. I really should,” Sungyeol says, glaring at Sungjong’s head.

 

“No. I don’t want to go anywhere. I want to stay,” Sungjong says stubbornly.

 

“So be a good boy and cut it out. You really will be the death of me,” Sungyeol says warningly.

 

Myungsoo sighs. “Woohyun hyung is with Sunggyu hyung. You no need to be worry,”

 

“I’m not worry…” Sungjong mumbled.

 

“Then why are you so tense? I’m sure Sunggyu hyung will take good care of Woohyun hyung. Are you worried Sunggyu hyung will neglect Woohyun hyung again?”

 

“I will kill him if he does that again,” Sungjong swear, lifting his spoon.

 

Silence.

 

They watch the television, not saying anything. Sungyeol change the channel when none of them care what was showing. Myungsoo glance at Sungjong a couple of times, seeing the younger eating his ice cream without care.

 

“Can I ask you something, Sungjong?” Myungsoo asks all of the sudden.

 

“What is it, hyung?”

 

“Are you in love with Woohyun hyung?”

 

Silence.

 

Sungjong’s spoon stop before it can reach his mouth.

 

Sungyeol snorts. “You finally realize?”

 

“What? So it’s true?” Myungsoo jump slightly, looking at Sungyeol then at Sungjong, then at Sungyeol. “You know, hyung?”

 

“I know. But I thought that kid had stopped liking Woohyun.” Sighs. “First love is really hard to forget,”

 

“Shut up,” Sungjong warns, feeling embarrassed.

 

“How did you know, hyung? Sungjong told you?”

 

Sungyeol shakes his head. “I caught him. He has Woohyun’s photos on his desk, saying it was his inspiration to study hard. Can you believe it? He should have our umma’s photo, or family photo, or idols, or at least me, his hyung. But he has Woohyun’s photos out of all people. And the photos look like it was caught secretly. Of course I interrogated him,”

 

“Ah…” Myungsoo nods. “May be it’s true, Sungjong followed Woohyun hyung here, but not you,”

 

“Speak for yourself. Aren’t you following Woohyun hyung too?” Sungjong mumbled, not looking at the men on the couch behind him.

 

“I am Woohyun hyung’s childhood best friend, I grow up with him, I watch his back, it was different with you.” He smirks. “Did Woohyun hyung knows?”

 

“He didn’t,”

 

“He knows.”

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol widen their eyes, surprise.

 

“Woohyun knows?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“Hyung knows,” Sungjong says.

 

“How?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“I confessed to Woohyun hyung, when he just started twelfth grade,” he replies nonchalantly.

 

“Then?” Sungyeol urged him to continue.

 

“I was rejected. Obviously.” He shrugged, eating his ice cream. “Hyung didn’t want things go awkward with you and he really likes me and he doesn’t want to loss this cute little brother too, that’s why,”

 

“Oh, wow. He knows but he still so clingy with you. That kind of awkward, don’t you think?” Sungyeol replies, looking at Myungsoo.

 

“I don’t mind. I like Woohyun hyung so I’m fine with him being clingy,”

 

“But you’re nice too, Sungjong. You like him and I believe you still are, and you didn’t try to break Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung apart,” Myungsoo says. “Not like some bastard we know,” he added in a whisper.

 

Sungjong stretch his neck backward to look at the two elders, upside down. “Do you know what I love the most about Woohyun hyung? His smiles. I don’t care what he is doing or who he is dating, as long as Woohyun hyung is happy and I can see his smiles every day. That’s why, if Sunggyu hyung tries to hurt Woohyun hyung again, I will personally kills him.”

 

-----------

 

“This is fun, hyung,” Woohyun says excitedly as he pedalled the swan boat.

 

Sunggyu laughs. “It is. And the weather is nice too.”

 

After they eat lunch the other day, they went to see a movie and having dinner before Sunggyu sent Woohyun home. It was already dark and pass Woohyun’s curfew, but neither care. Sungyeol nags a little because they didn’t tell anyone how late they will be. Sungyeol jokingly says he won’t let Woohyun going out with Sunggyu again but Woohyun whine and pouting that he was having fun with Sunggyu hyung. Yes. Sunggyu hyung and not Sunggyu ahjussi. So that overly ecstatic Sunggyu hyung plan a second date the very next day. They went to Han River, having picnic and riding bicycle. Woohyun wants to play in the water because its summer and everyone seems to enjoy it but Sunggyu was afraid Woohyun will get hurt. So he plans another outing where Woohyun can play in the water without care about anything and anyone else.

 

The lake house.

 

Sunggyu took a couple of days leave to take Woohyun to the lake house, something he was supposed to do a month ago when Woohyun ask him to have a small vacation. But the idiot in him crash Woohyun’s plan and invite the whole group to join them. It was early summer, a perfect time to be lovey dovey when the weather is still humid. They can row the boat, they can go fishing, they can walk the hill, they can play in the pool, they can star gazing, they can cuddle in every inch in the house. But Sunggyu was too stupid to spend the time together with his lover.

 

And now he swears to fix them.

 

“Wow, cute ducklings…” Woohyun stop pedalling as he watches a group of ducklings following its mother swimming around the lake. “I should take photos.” He searches for his hand phone in his trousers pocket but then he pouts, remembering he left it in the room.   

 

Sunggyu chuckles as he gives his own hand phone to Woohyun. “Here, use mine.”

 

Woohyun smiles happily, take the hand phone and click the button to captures a few photos of ducks and its offspring. Woohyun take numerous other photos using Sunggyu’s hand phone as the elder pedals the swan boat around the lake. Glancing at Sunggyu, Woohyun sneakily take a self-camera, posing a little heart between them.

 

“Are you hungry? Or should we take a walk at the hill?” Sunggyu asks, facing the younger.

 

Woohyun quickly lowered the hand phone, looking at Sunggyu, shaking his head. “I’m not hungry yet.”

 

Sunggyu smiles, patting Woohyun’s head. “Let’s go take a walk after this, okay?”

 

They return the swan boat to the pier. Sunggyu getting off first and he reach his hand out for Woohyun to take. The younger grab Sunggyu’s hand as he gets off the boat, his other hand still hold on Sunggyu’s hand phone. They start walking to the hill when Woohyun give the hand phone back to its owner.

 

“Do you take a lot of photos?” Sunggyu asks, looking at the photo. “I will send them to your number later, okay?”

 

Woohyun nods shyly, liking the feeling of Sunggyu’s fingers wrap around him.

 

“What is this?” Sunggyu asks, slightly surprise. “When did you take this?” It was the photo of them Woohyun took secretly, with the little heart gesture. Sunggyu look at Woohyun, smiling naughtily. “You sneakily take my photo with my phone? Do you want my photo that much?”

 

“No. No.” Woohyun shakes his head, avoid to look at Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu really want to pinch Woohyun’s rosy cheek, if not because of one hand holding his hand phone and one hand secured around Woohyun’s. “I’m making it my wallpaper.” Then he shows them to the younger. “Look, aren’t I handsome?”

 

Woohyun pouts. “Shouldn’t I look handsome?”

 

“You sneakily take my photo, which means you can’t resist this handsome face.” Sunggyu laughs. “But I must say, you take a great photo. You look beautiful,”

 

“I’m no beautiful, hyung. I am a man. A man should be handsome, not beautiful,” Woohyun whine.

 

Sunggyu shakes his head, teasing the younger. “No. You’re beautiful. My cute beautiful Woohyunie.”

 

Woohyun lowered his head, feeling his cheeks grew hot with the shyness. Sunggyu pocket his hand phone. They stop walking. Sunggyu cup Woohyun’s cheek and make the younger lift his head to face him. He brush his thumb against Woohyun’s cheek.

 

“You’re really cute, Woohyunie.” He heaves out a heavy breath. “I’m sorry I’ve been neglecting you.”

 

Woohyun tilted his head. “What do you mean, hyung?”

 

He shakes his head. “I’m sorry for everything. I love you, Nam Woohyun. I really do. Please, forgive me.”

 

Woohyun keep his silence, eyes staring into Sunggyu’s. The elder smiles, slowly he close the distance between them, praying in his heart that Woohyun won’t push him away or freak out or running away. He plants his lips on Woohyun’s full soft lips. A slow, gentle kiss full of love.

 

I’m sorry, Sunggyu hyung. I have to do this to save our relationship. Because I don’t know if I still am in your heart. You took the trouble of starting fresh with me rather that forcing me to remember you. Thank you, for still loving me. I love you, and I miss you, Sunggyu hyung.

 

Woohyun’s tears rolled on his cheeks as he return the kiss. The kiss they didn’t share for longer than he can remember. The lips feel the same. The kiss feels the same. The warmth feels the same. Woohyun miss this. He miss the feeling of Sunggyu’s love showered on him. And deep down Sunggyu’s heart, he miss having Woohyun so close in his heart beat.

 

He let go of Woohyun’s hand, only to wrap them around Woohyun’s waist, pulling the younger closer to deepen the kiss. Woohyun circle his arms around Sunggyu’s neck and back, contemplating whether he should tell the truth or continue with the lies.

 

He doesn’t care any way. As long as he get his Sunggyu hyung back and the prove he still love him. That is enough for him. The lies…he will think about it when times goes by.

 

---------------------------------------

 

The end.

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

It finally ends. I’m sorry if it’s not reach your expectations. And forgive me, but please don’t ask for a sequel. Whatever happen to other characters maybe Howon or Sungjong, I will leave it at that and leave them to your imagination.

 

I can write this quick and update every week just because I have a lot of free time during lock down. Now I am back to work, even though not every day, I still want to write. I am writing a second GyuWoo/WooGyu fanfic. I can’t promise I can write those as quick as this fic and update regularly. But I will try.

 

Now I feel guilty to my dearest YunJae shippers, because I had one fic on hiatus for years. I will try to write this fic too. Still trying to find my muse.

 

Anyhow, for those who are leaving a lovely comment and for those who are silent readers, thank you so much. See you in later fanfictions, my dears.