Chapter 14

Still I Remember

 

“Is that so?” Kim Jaejoong, the owner of the company Woohyun works at; ask as he looks at the three younger men in front of him.

 

“Yes, sir,” Sunggyu bowed his head. “We’re really sorry but I hope you can understand his situation.”

 

Jaejoong nods. “I understand.” He put his eyes on his employee. “How are you felling now, Woohyun?”

 

“Eh? Me? I am…I am fine sir,” Woohyun says. “I can start working this instant. But I may need times to learn things over.”

 

Jaejoong nods again. “How about his other injury, other than the head?” he asks the other two.

 

“He is fine now. But the doctor did say he needs to be careful and not doing any hard exercises. He might feel pain in his chest and left hand time to time,” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun’s one week of sick leave had come to an end. He had taken off the bandaged around his hand, head and cheek, only the bandaged around his chest still in tack. Sunggyu and Sungyeol take him to his work place to discuss things with his employer, especially about his lost memory. They think the owner need to know before they can let Woohyun start working again. Building and managing websites is not something to be done in a day, so they don’t want the other to freak out over Woohyun’s incompetence. Woohyun needs to learn like a fresh worker, so they need times and patient to teach him from the basic.

 

“It’s okay,” Jaejoong says. “Woohyun had completed his big project before the accident. So I am not that worried. The other projects we have now can be done by my other staff, that also near completion. I will give Woohyun another week of sick leave. Because everyone here is busy to meet due date this week. When he comes back next week, we will have free people to teach him.”

 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol look at each other and smiles happily.

 

“Thank you, sir,” Sunggyu says, bowing his head.

 

“Woohyun is an asset to my company. I can’t lose him that easily. I’m sure he can work as soon as he gets the basic of it,”

 

“Yes, sir. Woohyun is a fast learner. I’m sure he won’t disappoint you,” Sunggyu replies as a promise.

 

They leave the premise half an hour later when Jaejoong had an important thing to do and everyone is too busy to entertain them. Sunggyu drive his car with Woohyun at the passenger’s seat and Sungyeol at the back.

 

“The boss is nice. How can he give me another week of sick leave?” Woohyun wonders aloud.

 

Sungyeol chuckles. “That boss is your super senior in your department at the university. He used to tutor your class before he set up a company,”

 

“What? Really?”

 

“Yeah, and you used to be his favourite student. And when you work for him, you are his favourite staff next,” Sunggyu says.

 

“Do you think he likes me because I am his junior?” Woohyun asks worriedly. “What if I flop big time when I start working there?”

 

Sunggyu pats Woohyun’s knee. “You will be fine. You’re the best in this field, Woohyunie. Your boss knows it, that’s why he won’t let you go no matter what.”

 

Woohyun hum as the words they told him sink in his brain. He didn’t say or ask anything after that. He just watches the scenery out of the window as the car drove on the road. Sometimes he will jump and his eyes will sparkles if something catch his interest.

 

“I will be back at the evening, Woohyun. Don’t be late, okay? Make sure to take your medicine,” Sungyeol says as they drop him off at the office, he was talking with Woohyun by the window.

 

“Are you sure you won’t come with us?” Woohyun asks, pouting.

 

“I have to work, Woohyun,”

 

“But Sunggyu ahjussi is not working.”

 

Sungyeol glance at Sunggyu behind Woohyun’s back. “Sunggyu hyung had taken the day off, but I didn’t. Now I have to rush back in.”

 

Woohyun lowered his head, feeling sad.

 

Sungyeol pats Woohyun’s head. “Don’t be sad and don’t be scared. Sunggyu hyung won’t eat you.”

 

Woohyun pouts more. “I know he won’t eat me.”

 

Sungyeol grins. “Go have fun with Sunggyu hyung. Don’t be late and make sure to eat your medicine,” he reminds him again.

 

Sungyeol had to leave quickly before Woohyun had a meltdown. Sunggyu pats his knees, comforting him. Woohyun straightens his body and stare at the front.

 

“Where…where are we going, ahjussi?” Woohyun asks without looking at the elder.

 

Sunggyu frowns, obviously disliking the way Woohyun call him. “Where do you want to go?”

 

“I…I want to go home.”

 

Sunggyu chuckles. “No can do. It’s been so long since you’re going out right? Let’s get some fresh air.” Sunggyu start driving the car, thinking of a few suggestions. “Want to go shopping? Or you want to play? Oh, I know, let’s go to amusement park.”

 

They settle for shopping instead, because Woohyun was not comfortable to get on any ride at the amusement park. Woohyun didn’t say anything, just Sunggyu making the decision for both of them. On the way from the office building to the shopping complex, Woohyun keep his mouth sealed. He just watches everything out the window in awed like a first timer coming to a big city. Sunggyu does the talking, pointing here and there.

 

They walk in the shopping complex, side by side. Woohyun stick close to Sunggyu even though he is still afraid of the older man. Sunggyu tries to hide his smile but he found it hard since Woohyun is so cute, like a clueless excited toddler, that Sunggyu really wants to pinch his cheeks.

 

“Wow…ahjussi, look, an idol performance,” Woohyun says as he runs to the glass fence.

 

“Careful, Woohyun.” Sunggyu went to his side, watching the performance on the ground floor from their third floor.

 

“They’re pretty, ahjussi…”

 

Sunggyu’s eyebrow rose. “You like them?”

 

“Eung! Who wouldn’t?”

 

“I don’t really like them,”

 

“What? Why?” Woohyun gasp as he turns to face Sunggyu.

 

“I have you, I don’t have any interest in anyone else especially idols.”

 

Woohyun hurriedly turns his head to look at the performance below. Sunggyu grins. Woohyun is still the same. He was quick to feel shy whenever Sunggyu being bold with his feelings. His grins widen when he saw Woohyun’s cheeks slowly blossom in pink colour.

 

“Let’s go eat,” Sunggyu says, tugging Woohyun’s arm.

 

The younger didn’t say anything, but he followed after the older like a good boy he is as Sunggyu’s fingers wrap around his hand. They sit in a nice restaurant serving western food. Sunggyu orders for the both of them, with a dessert as well.

 

“They don’t have lemon cake in here, so I ordered chocolate cake instead.”

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “It’s okay. I guess it won’t be as tasty as the one you brought over, ahjussi.”

 

Sunggyu smiles. “You like that one?”

 

Woohyun nods. “Eung!”

 

“The cake I bought the other day was from a well-known bakery. It is delicious. But you know where is tastier?”

 

Woohyun shakes his head. 

 

“The one you bake. It’s the delicious tasty cakes I ever taste,” Sunggyu says, earning himself a red face Woohyun.

 

“Stop…stop that, ahjussi.”

 

He grins. “You’re a born talented, Woohyun. I’m sure you can bake one just from looking at the recipe once,”

 

“Have I…have I make one for you, ahjussi?”

 

Sunggyu nods. “Lemon cake is the first dish you gave me. But I was a jerk that time, I didn’t have even a bite.”

 

Woohyun’s eyes widen as he gasp. “Why? Why didn’t you eat them?”

 

He shrugged. “I was a jerk. I didn’t eat them because I was mad at you,”

 

“Me?” Woohyun pointed at himself as Sunggyu nods. “If you’re mad at me, that means I am the jerk one, not you, ahjussi.”

 

“I was the jerk one,” Sunggyu says, lowering his head. “And still am.” Then he lift his head, smiling at the younger opposite him. “But you’re so nice. Even though I treat you badly, you still came smiling and give me desserts and sweets,”

 

“Really?” Woohyun put his chin on his palms, his elbows on the table. “It sounds like me.”

 

Sunggyu tilted his head. “What is?”

 

“I am the nice person who would give anyone sweets just so that person will like me.”

 

Sunggyu laugh. “Yeah. You did. You were so persistent that eventually I do not only liking you, but I also fall in love with you.”

 

Startled, Woohyun lowered his hands to his laps, his eyes followed. Sunggyu cursed under his breath. He was so close to make Woohyun comfortable with him. But his bubbly mouth has push this luck away. He opens his mouth to say something, but his hand phone rings to tell him he received a message. He wants to ignore it at first but he read them anyway, afraid it might be something important.

 

From: Howon

To: Sunggyu Hyung

Hyung, where are you? Let’s have lunch together. I have something to tell you.

 

“Who is it?” Woohyun asks.

 

Sunggyu shakes his head as he pocketed his hand phone. “No one important. Where do you want to go after this? Should we go watch a movie?”

 

Woohyun’s lips form a smile, a genuine happy smile. “Eung!”

 

----------

 

From: Sunggyu Hyung

To: Howon

I’m out with Woohyun. We’re having a date. May be next time, Howon. Sorry.

 

Howon sighs as he put his hand phone on the table. This is the first time in months that Sunggyu turn him down. Ever since Woohyun got in the hospital because of the fight, he didn’t get to see Sunggyu. The elder was busy worrying about his lover that Howon didn’t dare to ask him to go out even for a drink. Well, truth to be told, he was warned by Myungsoo to not bothering Sunggyu. Howon thought he was better be because he doesn’t want to trouble Sunggyu, the older had had enough in his hands already. No. No. Not because he was scared of Myungsoo. He was just being considerate.

 

Woohyun had discharged and living his life as normal. So Howon thought this is the right time to ask Sunggyu out and tell him about the news he desperately want to share. If he remembers correctly, Woohyun’s sick leave had ended and he was supposed to go back to work. So Sunggyu would be free from worrying about him.

 

But why? Why did the two of them out dating? Is Woohyun didn’t go to work? Is Sunggyu playing hooky?

 

“Why are you eating alone when you should be eating with your new co-workers?”

 

Howon lift his head in time Dongwoo take a seat on the chair opposite of him. “Dongwoo hyung, why are you here?”

 

Dongwoo tilted his head. “Eating lunch. I saw you alone, that’s why I sit here. Or is this seat taken?”

 

Howon shakes his head. “No. You can sit there, hyung.” Then he sighs.

 

“Stop with the sighing. The food will taste bad if you continue like that.”

 

Howon ignored him as he sighs again.

 

“Is this about Sunggyu hyung?” Dongwoo guess.

 

“Why…why did Sunggyu hyung went out on a date with Woohyun?”

 

“Because they’re a couple?” Dongwoo says. “Stop bothering them, Howon. There’s no use to break them apart.”

 

Howon keep his mouth shut. His order arrived but he just plays with them with his spoon. Dongwoo eyed him silently until his own food placed in front of him.

 

“You like Sunggyu hyung, aren’t you?”

 

Howon groans. “Why? Why Sunggyu hyung has to date Woohyun? I know Sunggyu hyung first, I like Sunggyu hyung first. It’s not fair Woohyun get to go out with Sunggyu hyung,”

 

“You know him first, you like him first. So?” Dongwoo asks nonchalantly. “Did you confess first?”

 

Howon lift up his face to the elder, shaking his head and mumbled a very soft no.

 

“So you don’t have the right to complained. If you like someone, you should go for it. It’s your lost for dilly-dally,”

 

“But it’s not fair,”

 

“There’s no fair in love, Howon. Sunggyu hyung confessed to Woohyun first. That means he like Woohyun first. And they like each other. They look so cute together, Howon. So please, don’t get in the middle of them,” Dongwoo says, a hint of warning in his voice.

 

“What if they break up?”

 

“That is something you shouldn’t concern yourself into. If they did, they will take care of it themselves. Before they do, you really shouldn’t bother them. Let them live their life, let them be happy,”

 

“What if Woohyun can’t make Sunggyu hyung happy?”

 

“You really have to check your eyes then. One look, you can clearly see how much Woohyun make Sunggyu hyung happy. Be a man and it up. Stop bothering Sunggyu hyung or you really will be kicked by Myungsoo. That kid is no joke. Or you want to try Woohyun instead? I heard Woohyun is the epitome hero in his hometown, his fist can make you fly. I bet he didn’t hit you only because of Sunggyu hyung.”

 

Howon slump against his seat, mourning against his lost unrequited love.

 

--------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

My beloved Jaejoongie making a cameo in here. *wink* *wink*

I really love the senior-junior relationship between Jaejoong and Woohyun. My two dear favourite beloved idols. Wish to see them working together again.