Chapter 1

Still I Remember

The two storeys house stood beautifully against the lake garden, with a panorama of a yellowish green mountain as its landscape. Beside the house, there are three to four other houses surrounding the lake, emphasis its privacy to families or couple to have their beauty holiday. In the two storeys house, a couple of young boys in their early twenty, having fun and play around in the pool.

 

“Aww…come on, hyung,” the younger of the couple whine at the other.

 

“No, Woohyun. You know I don’t like the water.”

 

The one who called Woohyun pouts. He is playing in the pool by himself, while the older boy sits on the pool chair, just watching him.

 

“But I thought I can help you get over your fear of the water, hyung,” Woohyun tries to coax him.

 

The older shakes his head, smiling at him. “Not now, Woohyun. You just play by yourself, okay? I’m watching you over here.”

 

Still pouting, Woohyun swims to the edge. The older’s eyes followed him as he climb out of the pool and jumping toward him. He gulps his saliva seeing the water sliding down the younger’s toned abs.

 

“Hyung…Sunggyu hyung…” he called as he tugged on his arm.

 

The older, name Sunggyu, still with his eyes on the younger but his mind lost in the devilish looking abs calling to be eaten.

 

“Hyung?” he called again, tilting his head. Woohyun wave his hand in front of his eyes, to calls the other’s attention.

 

“What wrong, Woohyun? Why did you get out?” Sunggyu ask, lifting his gaze to Woohyun’s face, as if he didn’t lust over the other.

 

“Because hyung doesn’t want to play with me.”

 

Sunggyu chuckle. “Just go swimming, Woohyun. I’m right over here,”

 

“But it was not fun playing by myself without you, hyung,” he says, pouting still.

 

Sunggyu chuckles again, his eyes undeniably smaller. “Okay. Okay. How about we do something else? You want to row a boat?”

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “We’ve done that,”

 

“Hurm…taking a walk?” Sunggyu suggest, turning around to look at the grass mountain slightly. “The weather is nice. It must be romantic walking around hand in hand…”

 

That brought smile to Woohyun’s lips. “Let’s go. Let’s go.” He tugs on Sunggyu’s arm excitedly. “I will go change quickly,” he says, stealing a kiss to Sunggyu’s lips before running inside the house.

 

Sunggyu chuckle again, touching his fingers to his lips. It was so easy to coax his lover. Yes, lover. A lover boy he swore to love for the rest of his life. A lover boy he knows he can’t live without. A lover who hold deep in his heart. A lover that Kim Sunggyu love with all his life and soul.

 

A couple of minutes pass as the young couple take a walk on the grass mountain, hands intertwined with each other. Sunggyu’s other hand hold a basket full of wild mushroom which he and Woohyun pick up in their journey to the romantic walk.

 

“Hyung, look. A squirrel,” Woohyun pointed to a squirrel leaning it’s back on a tree branch. “It looks like you, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu frown as he focus his small eyes on the creature. “How can it look like me?”

 

“It look tired and sleepy, just like you hyung. Look, it even has a small eyes,” Woohyun tease.

 

Sunggyu pouts. Just then another squirrel runs to the first squirrel and jump on him, making the first squirrel lost its balance and nearly fall from the branch. “And that new squirrel looks just like you. Naughty and a tease.”

 

Woohyun laugh. “So it Sunggyu and Woohyun’s squirrel? They look like a couple, just like us, hyung,”

 

“Don’t simply give them names…”

 

“From now on, I will call you Gyugyu squirrel and Woohyunie squirrel,” Woohyun says to the cute creatures, ignoring Sunggyu’s words.

 

Sunggyu shakes his head as he pulls Woohyun to continue their walk. Woohyun wave at the squirrels as his feet move. The squirrel; the Woohyunie squirrel runs to the end of the branch as if sending the couple off while the Gyugyu squirrel just look at the couple, uninterested.

 

“Hyung, can we come here again next time?”

 

“Of course we can. I’m sure Heechul hyung doesn’t mind,”

 

“Really? Really? We can come again?” Woohyun asks, jumping excitedly.

 

Sunggyu nods. “We can. No. We will come again. Let’s come here again every year, just the two of us.”

 

Did Sunggyu ever tell what he love the most about Woohyun? It’s his smile. Woohyun’s bright smile and shining eyes. You will know he is genuinely happy when his smile reach his eyes, making its brown eyes more sparkling and beautiful under the sun.

 

Yeah. Kim Sunggyu really loves Nam Woohyun. He swears to love the other forever with his heart, mind and soul.

 

-----------

 

Woohyun was sprawled on the couch, flipping through channels when Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo step inside their shared apartment.

 

“Huh?” Sungyeol muttered as he takes off his shoes and paddled closer. “Why are you here?”

 

“I live here,” Woohyun replies nonchalantly.

 

“I know you are, dummy. I mean why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be out dating with Sunggyu hyung?” Sungyeol ask, taking a seat beside Woohyun on the couch.

 

“It’s cancelled,”

 

“Again?” Myungsoo asks as he stands at the side.

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo exchange looks, one that only both of them know of. Woohyun ignored them as he punch the button on the remote.  

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Why? What’s wrong this time?”

 

“Howon is. As usual,” he replies as he finally sticks to an animal documentary.

 

The two look at each other again, contemplating between themselves whether they should leave the older alone or try to comfort him. It is best to drop the subject when Lee Howon’s name dances on his lips.

 

“Then…” Myungsoo fidgeting on his feet, to comfort him at least. “Have you eaten? If we know, we would buy you something to eat,”

 

“Yeah, Woohyun. Why you didn’t give us a message? You should just join us,”

 

“It’s okay. I’m not hungry…” As if on que, a loud rumble sings from his stomach.

 

“Not hungry. Sure,” Sungyeol mock his friend. “Do we have any ramyeon left?” he asks the youngest between them.

 

“I think so…” Myungsoo tilted his head, thinking.

 

“I’m not hungry…” Woohyun repeated, changing the channel again.

 

“Stop lying. What was that noise then?” Sungyeol poke the other’s stomach. “If it’s not your tummy playing orchestra begging to be feed, what is?”

 

“It’s the sound of my broken heart…” Woohyun sighs, his eyes never leave the screen.

 

“Wa…what?” Sungyeol and Myungsoo ask, dumbfounded.

 

“Why? Why hyung had to cancel our date again?” Woohyun wave his hands in the air, frustrated. “I don’t know how many times tonight is…” He lowered his head, mourning.

 

“W…well…it’s true.” Sungyeol side glance Myungsoo who in the end sits on the floor at the front of the couch. “I lost count on your cancelled date,”

 

“It’s always Howon, Howon, and Howon. Every time Sunggyu hyung stood on me, it must be because of Howon.” For the first time since they enter the apartment, Woohyun turn his head to look at them. “I tell you Howon is a parasite. He likes Sunggyu hyung. He wants to break us apart.”

 

Silence. Only the sound of the television could be heard on the background as Sungyeol and Myungsoo too stunned to make a counterattack.

 

“I will make a ramyeon for you, hyung,” Myungsoo says as he stands up and quickly flees the scene.

 

Sungyeol sighs, mumbling a traitor to the younger. “W…well…you know it’s not true. Howon has been Sunggyu hyung’s friend since little. Just like Myungsoo and you, like me and you,”

 

“But. But…you guys are different.”

 

Sungyeol cocked his head. “How are us different?”

 

Sungyeol had known Woohyun since middle school and they become best friend instantly. Myungsoo and Woohyun are childhood friends where their house stood side by side. Woohyun and Sungyeol moved to Seoul to attend university and a year after, Myungsoo followed them. The three start living together in the same apartment when both Woohyun and Sungyeol graduated and start working with a good paying job even though the younger still in his last year in college. The two best friend supporting Myungsoo when he was a student and he was really grateful to have such amazing older friends.

 

“You never come in between Sunggyu hyung and me. If anything, you guys only be supportive,”

 

“Yeah. Yeah. That’s what friends are for, being supportive. And that’s what Sunggyu hyung was doing. Howon need him and Sunggyu hyung is there for him. Howon is in a rough right now. Surely you don’t want Sunggyu hyung abandon his responsibility as a good friend as he is, right?”

 

“That…” Woohyun lowered his head.

 

He knows he is being unbelievable right now. Howon’s work place was in a pinch at the moment and he needs something to vent his stress. That’s why he calls Sunggyu to share his pain and to cry his sorrow.

 

But…but…

 

These things had happen more than Woohyun can count on his fingers. Even Sungyeol admit to it. Woohyun knows Sunggyu is the best of friend anyone can have. Sure. That’s one of the strings Woohyun attracted to. And Woohyun surely won’t like it if Sunggyu abandon his friend in need.

 

But…

 

If Sunggyu abandon his own date every time Howon needs him, what about Woohyun then? Woohyun needs his lover too just like Howon needs his friend. Really, Woohyun don’t even remember when was the last time he got to spend some time alone together, just him and his Sunggyu hyung.

 

“I think you’re just jealous and you need to stop that, Woohyun,” Sungyeol says, patting his knee.

 

I’m not.

 

“Howon and Sunggyu hyung are just friends. You don’t have to worry. I’m sure Howon doesn’t like Sunggyu hyung like you like him,”

 

Of course not. I don’t like Sunggyu hyung. I love him.

 

“Just for today. I’m sure. After all end, you can have Sunggyu hyung all to yourselves. That time, you can go on a date everyday every minute.”

 

I hope you’re right Sungyeol. I wish you’re right.

 

------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

My first Infinite Fanfiction. I fall in love with Woohyun. He is the most beloved person in my heart, second to Jaejoong actually. I love his voice and his passion in singing. And who is the perfect Romeo for him? Kim Sunggyu obviously.