The Ending

I'm Hee's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The grove of Asan Gingko trees on each side of the road he walked down was beginning to be orangish with a tint of brown and red. It was so beautiful—he could not take his eyes off it. But, it was never as beautiful as it used to be when he could only see two feet—his—without another pair and a bicycle wheel beside his steps. He inhaled deeply and the smell of autumn coming was tingling his nose. The sound of the tree branches dancing was like music to his ears. Too bad, they were not loud enough to overdo the constant shattering in his heart since the time he woke up this morning. It was almost surreal that he woke up to nothingness, without the thrill of meeting Jungsoo like he had each day. And it did not surprise him when he checked his phone and found nothing. Regretting his rushed decision to agree to Jungsoo's game was useless because Jungsoo was true to his words—it was really the end.

 

His steps gradually slowed down when he could already see the café. For a split second, he entertained the thought of turning back and walking away, canceling his idea of reminiscing. But, he was already this far, and just for this last time, he wanted to trace their memories before he would try to move on. 

 

He crossed the street and jogged to the entrance. Sarang Café and Bakery—the corner of his mouth rose a little. He pushed the door open and his eyes widened in an instant upon seeing that their usual place was not vacant.

Did he begin to hallucinate?

Or was Jungsoo really there?

His immediate reaction was to walk away, leaving the café and go home because Jungsoo probably did not want to see him there and it would come off pathetic if the latter realized he was there to recollect their short memories. However, he was yet to retrace his steps when Jungsoo suddenly threw his gaze at him.

 

He saw him.

He waved at—

Wait, why was Jungsoo waving at him?

He was immobile for God knew how long that when he sobered, Jungsoo was already right in front of him, smiling ever so handsomely. He blinked once, twice, thrice and Jungsoo was still there, staring at him.

 

 

 

"I thought you wouldn't come."

Heechul widened his eyes in an instant, crumpling his fingers and toes because it began to scare him if it turned out that he had gone delusional. But, no matter how he tried to grasp what Jungsoo meant, he did not understand why the latter put his words as if he were waiting for him.

"Hee?" Jungsoo called again when he noticed Heechul was spacing out. He began to get wary if the reason Heechul agreed to come here was to tell him that he could not do it—that he came here to announce himself as his first heartbreak.

"W-why are you here?" Heechul eventually replied, stammering, and not once did he look at him back.

"I'm waiting for you. Did you—"

Jungsoo sighed exasperatedly. This boy was helpless indeed. He grabbed Heechul's hand and led him to their table. He stopped right before they sat, leaning on the table and eyed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter