Last Day

I'm Hee's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know you're still awake."

Jungsoo stated nonchalantly, lying flat at his back, staring at the ceiling that looked unusually interesting. It had been way past his bedtime and he, too, had taken his meds but still, he could not fall asleep. And it seemed that this situation was not unforeseen with a boy who kept squirming, lying beside him.

He never knew the day he had his boyfriend sleepover at his house finally came.

And that person turned out to be Heechul—the last person he expected.

 

He glanced at him from the corner of his eyes when the latter suddenly shifted and turned to his side, facing him with half of his face covered under the blanket.

"Can't sleep?"

Jungsoo asked without sparing him a glance. Heechul weakly nodded, pulling the comforter even more to cover his flushed cheeks. He had been hyperventilating the moment his landed on the bed because—God—it was Jungsoo. He and Jungsoo were on the same bed; it was impossible to sleep and pretend nothing happened when, surely, this moment would always be one of the best memories of his life. Memories—because he knew, soon, he had to learn how to live without seeing Jungsoo.

 

Midnight had passed. It implied that the last day had come. And if by the end of today, Jungsoo did not confess or at least say that he gave him a chance—then it was settled, he would go, fulfilling his promise to his crush. And although he knew it would be his first and worst heartbreak, he could do nothing about it. He had decided to follow Jungsoo's game so it was just right that he played fairly.

 

 

 

"You're staring at me."

"I'm— I'm not," bluffed Heechul. And even so, he was still shamelessly staring. He wanted to capture Jungsoo from this proximity. He saw the corner of Jungsoo's lips rose a little followed by a quiet sigh. It was crazy how he could be this madly in love with the boy who never showed any interest at him.

"Can I ask you something, Hee?"

Heechul nodded, ignoring the loud thump on his chest, and focused his mind on Jungsoo's question only.

"You're so persistent, aren't you?"

"Am I? I don't know..."

Jungsoo smirked a little, "You act so boldly like that towards me but the more I know you, the more complicated you turn out to be."

Heechul relaxed, smiling, "I can't control myself when I'm with you. My body suddenly goes autopilot."

 

Jungsoo suddenly shifted his body and lied on his side in front of him. And his immediate reaction was to look away, clutching the blanket tightly. The drumming in his heart became louder and louder that he could not hear when Jungsoo called his name. It was when the latter suddenly flicked his forehead that he finally snapped back at reality.

"You weren't listening," Jungsoo complained although the smile on his face did not match his words. And that smile was what made Heechul lost in his thoughts further. The cute dimple, the crescent eyes—Jungsoo was so beautiful.

"I was saying," Jungsoo cast him a side smile.

"You're the first."

Heechul smiled sheepishly, "To be your fanboy?"

"To be my boyfriend."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo stirred in his sleep, groaning as the sun rays forced him to wake up. He cracked his eyes open and they immediately landed on the empty spot beside him on the bed. He rolled on his back and was about to drift into dreamland again when he finally realized that he was not supposed to be alone.

He bolted out his bed and immediately checked on the bathroom. None. He knew it could be that Heechul had gone home to get ready for school; or perhaps, Heechul was already in school as the sun had risen pretty high.

Still, why did Heechul not tell him?

Wait, but why did Heechul have to tell him?

Frustrating—what had been occupying his mind since yesterday frustrated him to death. His head was throbbing badly and it only worsened the situation. He walked out of the room sluggishly, intending to grab something to eat downstairs as he believed his family left him something to eat before they got off to either work or sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter