Chapter Eighteen

They Are Pretty Much Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Won’t your parents mind if I stay here for a week or two? As much as I love spending time with my unnies, their erseness is getting into my nerves. Apparently, they bought new toys again and they’re going at it every night. I can’t do my homework or study for an upcoming test because they are so loud. Even my earplugs can’t muffle their screams and moans. And my workload at the snack bar doubles up since Joohyun unnie always comes in late. I can’t do this anymore, Saeron-ah. Help me.” 

Yeri rested her head on her best friend’s shoulder as they sat on Saeron’s bed.

“Why don’t you just move here? My parents are giving me this apartment since they are moving to Jeju. I will not ask you to pay rent, but you need to help me with the bills and other necessities. How’s that?”

Yeri raised her head to look at Saeron. “Really? Is it really okay? Are you sure?”

“Of course! This place has been your refuge since high school days, so why not just make it your home? And we really can’t blame Joohyun unnie and Seungwan unnie. They’re a married couple. You should just be glad that they’re not always arguing.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I’m going home now and talk to them. Thank you Saeron-ah, I owe you.”

“You owe me nothing. That’s what best friends are for.”

--

“So, what do you want to talk about?”

“Let’s wait for Joohyun unnie. I want both of you to be present.”

“That sounds serious. You’re not going to tell me you’re going out with someone, right? We had a deal. No dating till you’re thirty.”

“What? We never had that kind of deal! I will not be an old hag before I’m allowed to date. I’m not dense, unlike you, unnie.”

“So you’re really dating someone now?! Who is it?! Let me know who that er is!”

“Yah unnie! I’m not dating anyone! That’s not what I wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter