Chapter Twelve

They Are Pretty Much Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been three days since Joohyun started ignoring Seungwan and the latter was fed up with the cold treatment she had been receiving.

So, on the fourth day, Seungwan made sure that she won’t be ignored anymore. She entered the bathroom while Joohyun was taking a bath.

Joohyun wasn’t aware that someone opened the door as the water pouring from the showerhead hindered the sound coming from the outside. She was about to turn the shower off when suddenly, she was grabbed and pulled into a tight embrace.

“I’m sorry. Please forgive me and stop ignoring me. I miss you. I really miss you. Please don’t be mad at me anymore,” Seungwan cried on Joohyun’s shoulder.

“Hey, let’s talk outside. You’re soaking wet already.”

“You promise you won’t ignore me anymore?” Seungwan looked at Joohyun with sad, hopeful eyes.

She sighed, “I’ll stop ignoring you if you promise me you’ll explain why you want to keep our relationship a secret from Yeri.”

“Fine.”

Seungwan went out of the bathroom and changed her clothes before going to Joohyun’s room. She found her sitting at the edge of the bed, waiting.

“Start explaining, I’m all ears.”

Seungwan sat beside her and took a deep breath. “I... I don’t want to tell Yeri because... because I’m not good enough for you.”

“What? Where did that come from?”

“From my sister who looks up to you and is making sure that you won’t end up like me, a pathetic loser.”

“Wait. Why am I only hearing this? When did this happen?”

“Three months ago. Yeri and I were grocery shopping while you met up with Jennie.”

“Okay, and then?”

“I was about to tell her about us, but she... She suddenly asked me for a favor. My sister... She...” Seungwan wasn’t able to continue what she’s about to say because she started crying.

“Hey, why are you crying?”

“I- I’m sorry.” She wiped her tears and took a deep breath and resumed talking. “She asked me to find the perfect man for you. Someone who is kind, good looking, has a job that brings huge income and is committed to have a lasting relationship with you. She doesn’t want you to end up with someone like me or be like me. She said I’m a hopeless case, unlike you. I don’t want to disappoint her and I was hurt so I said yes.”

She sighed, “I’m sorry for not being good enough for you.”

“Listen to me.” Joohyun cupped Seungwan’s face as she wiped her tears with her thumb. “You are not just good enough for me because you are perfect for me. We are soulmates, remember? I don’t want anyone else but you. And hey, you’re kind too and also good looking. You also have a job with a huge income and you’re committed to making our relationship last. Please don’t underestimate yourself.” Joohyun kissed her lips.

“You’ve been carrying this burden alone. You should learn to share your problems with me. I’m your girlfriend. I love you and I don’t want you to suffer in silence. Please don’t do this again. I want you to share whatever is going on here.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry, too, for being rude to you these past few days. I didn’t know the struggle you had.”

“It’s okay. It was my fault. Am I forgiven now?”

“I forgave you the moment you entered that bathroom, asking for forgiveness. You were so cute, like a lost puppy!”

Seungwan chuckled and hugged her girlfriend. 

“I love you so much,” she whispered as she kissed her temple.

“I love you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter