Chapter Eleven

They Are Pretty Much Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri frowned as she watched Joohyun avoid her sister. 

Joohyun sat at the far end of the couch. Her sister tried to sit beside her, but she stood up and went to the other side.

“What the heck is wrong with the two of you? Are you fighting again?”

“It’s none of your business so shut up and stop asking questions.”

“I’m sorry if you find my concern annoying, Seungwan unnie.”

Her sister’s words offended Yeri, so she walked out.

Joohyun saw the hurt in her face, so she followed her after giving Seungwan a swift kick.

“Yeri-yah, ignore your imbecile of a sister. She’s too stupid to understand that it should be your business because you’re family.” Joohyun gave the sad girl a hug.

“I’m used to her, Joohyun unnie. She’s always like that, nothing new there. But sometimes I doubt if she really loves me. Unnie, you’ve known her before I was born. Are we really sisters?”

“Of course you are sisters! Let me tell you something. You know, I remembered when Seungwan woke me up in the middle of the night just to tell me she finally had a baby sister. She was very excited as she invited me to go with her to the hospital. She proudly showed you to me. I was there when you first held her finger. She was so happy. Her eyes were twinkling and her smile was so wide. I also remember the times when we babysit you. I was so awkward with you at first but Seungwan told me it was fine to hold you.”

Joohyun chuckled at the memory. “We changed your diapers, gave you a bath, fed you, and played with you. I also remember the times when Seungwan would sing lullabies for you to fall asleep. She likes it the most when you’re asleep because you’re one active baby and it’s tiring to keep up with you.”

Joohyun cupped Yeri’s cheeks.

“When your parents died that tragic day, Seungwan held you as you cried on her shoulder, remember that?” Yeri nodded, and Joohyun smiled.

“Don’t doubt her being your sister. She’s not expressive as you are and she can be dense, but she loves you. Trust me,” Joohyun says as she pinches Yeri’s cheeks.

“So, what’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter