Chap 2

Silent feelings

Sojung arrived at her apartment, she was really exhausted from school works and finding a part-time job. The tall woman checked the time and panicked. ", i'm late!" She quickly changed her clothes and wore a black cap and black mask before she locks her door. 

"Miss Sojung-ssi!" She was about to go out when a lady stopped her tracks when she called her name. Not again... 

She turned around and found the landlady crossing her arms on her chest. "maybe you forgot something?" she asked the tall woman. 

Sojung hated to hear her voice but she still have to respect elders. "Miss after work i promise i will pay you as soon as possible. Please give me more ti—"

"and what if you didn't pay your monthly rent again? I'll wait after 2 months again?"

"It's not that..."

"okay, i'll give you one more chance. If you didn't pay your monthly rent later or today, i have no choice but to kick you out. Understood?" the landlady turns her back to sojung and walked away. 

The tall girl frowned and gritted her teeth. She tries to calm down and forget about the landlady for now. She starts walking towards the bus stop. She looked up to the sky and sighs heavily. 

"what's with the heavy sigh, Sojung-ssi?"

Sojung was startled and was about to hit the owner of the voice but stopped herself. 

Yewon flinched a bit and smiled at her awkwardly, "d-did i scare you? Sorry.. " she rubs her head as she laughs nervously. 

"No, No. I'm sorry i was about to hit you so... " sojung replied. "what are you doing here anyway? Aren't you going to have ice cream with eunha? And how did you know it's... Me." she asked, back to her cold tone. 

Yewon chuckles "so many questions. i'm just gonna ride a bus and go to my favorite café where i always study. I can tell it's you because of your tall and y figure" 

"i see." sojung didn't care about her compliments so she stayed quiet.

It was a comfortable silence until the bus came. There's a lot of people inside but sojung didn't care, she is late.

Yewon followed her behind and tried to find a seat but none of them is available. The bus starts to move and a guy went closer to her. She seems doesn't care but the guy starts touching her. Rubbing her thighs, looking at yewon. 

Sojung was nowhere to be found in the bus until she felt her arm being grabbed by someone. 

Sojung pulled yewon closer to her and glared at the guy. "Are you done checking on her?" she sounds really cold and furious. Yewon was just staring at sojung as she wraps her arm around the tall girl's waist. 

The guy clicked his tongue and went to the other side of the bus. 
Sojung looked down at the baby face girl and arched her eyebrow. Before she speaks and let go of her she heard a soft sob. 

"he...he was touching my thighs... " yewon said while her face is buried on sojung's chest. 

Sojung sighs and decided to not let go of the girl, she caressed the girl's hair until she calms down. 

The bus stops and sojung noticed it's her stop. "let go, this is my stop." she's back again with her cold attitude and let go of yewon. 

Yewon was a little bit surprised but she shrugged it off. 
"this is also my stop." she smiled and followed sojung behind. The tall girl doesn't even mind as she went inside to her workplace. 

Yewon was confused, 'is this her favorite café shop too..?' she thought. 

Sojung went to the staff room and quickly changed to her uniform. She came out, her co-workers greeted her. But she didn't care so she focused back to her work. 

She was a little bit shocked to see the baby face girl in her café. 'this is where she study..?' she thought. 

Yewon saw the tall girl looking at her and waved while smiling. She stood up and went infront of the cashier. 

Sojung sighs and asked the small girl, "hello and good afternoon. What can i get for you?" 

"wow, so professional." yewon giggles. "I didn't know you work here, and how come i don't see you? that's pretty hot." she smirks and before sojung could speak, she started "one strawberry frappe please." she gave sojung a warm smile. 

The tall figure types her order on the screen and went back to the table where she can make frappes. 

"aren't you going to ask for my name or number?" yewon smiles innocently but sojung ignored her. 

After sojung finished yewon's order she harshly gave it to the small girl. 

"shut up and get out." she mouthed. Feeling kinda guilty as she went too far towards the innocent girl. But she doesn't have a choice. What if this Yewon starts spreading around their school that she's a part time worker? 

Yewon didn't speak instead she gave sojung a pat on her right shoulder. "i won't speak about this in our school don't worry." 

'D-did she just read my mind?' sojung thought and shakes her head. She turns her back but before she walks away from the girl she felt a hand grabbed her necktie and pulled her closer to give her a kiss on the cheek. 

"Don't work too much, Sojung-ssi. And also, please call me Umji." she gave her a warm smile before leaving the flustered sojung. 

"i think today is the worst day of my life... " the tall girl whispered and went back to work. 


It was actually her pay day today so sojung was kinda relieved. She noticed the time and it's closing time. Her manager came closer to her before she takes her apron off. 

"Sojung, i heard you were late AGAIN. but i'll let you slide this time." warned her manager.
"you better get here on time or you're fired." he throws the envelope on sojung's chest, luckily she catched it. She sighs and fixed her stuffs. 

She calls for taxi and told the driver her address. This day was very tiring, she still have to study as soon as she arrived at her dorm since their finals is near. She doesn't want to lose this opportunity to graduate and find a damn stable job. 

She arrived and went out of the car. She walks toward to the landlady, sitting outside. 

She pulls out the envelope and took half of the money inside and gave it to the landlady. 

"May i go now?" sojung asked and the lady looked up at her. 

"this is not enough." 

"what?" asked sojung, a little angry. 

"you haven't paid your rent for 2 months and you'll just give me half?" said the lady which made sojung mad. 

"look, i'm a student. I study so i can graduate and move out of this stupid greedy apartment of yours. If that's not enough for you just rob a damn bank." sojung said and walked away, leaving the speechless lady behind. 

She closed her door as she arrived at her room. She took off her shoes and coat. She looks at the time and groans. It's already 9 pm and she forgot to eat dinner. She decided to skip it and lie down on her bed. 

She was thinking about her so-called-father before. Her eyes are blurry and she felt a tear rolling down on her cheek. Every person who are very special to her always leave without saying goodbye. She missed her past-manager, her father. If only he didn't die she wouldn't go back to being a cold person. She hugged her pillow and decided to sleep.