Chap 10

Silent feelings

 

Eunha decided to go home, she feels tired and broken. She doesn't understand anything that is happening to her. She went straight to her room, not greeting her maid that welcomed her back. She threw her bag on the side of her room and rest her body on her bed. 

She rolls her body and stares at the ceiling. "What a rough day." she whispers. 

When she was about to sit up and do her homework, her phone vibrated. 

She fished out her phone from her skirt pocket and scoffs. She threw it towards her bed, landing on the middle as it vibrates. 

"stupid sojung... " she sighs and decided to do her homework. 

 

×××


Sojung keeps trying to contact eunha, she was worried thinking if eunha went somewhere or something. But her call got interrupted when Yuju snatched her phone.

"Hey! Give it back!" she tries to get it from Yuju, but the girl was flexible so it's kinda hard to get it.

"Eunha? Who's that?" Yuju asked as she stares at Sojung's screen while wiggling her eyebrows. 

"I-It's none of your business." the tall girl successfully snatched it back and put it back inside her pocket. 

"You know you can't call someone while you're at work... Well, unless it's emergency." 

"I know... "

"And piggy boss might see you again lacking at work, you know i don't want to see you getting hurt by—"

"I'm not. Stop caring about me." Sojung turns her back and continues her work. 

Yuju laughs and patted her back,  "You can't stop me, Sojung." she continues to wipe the cups. 


Yewon can't focus on studying, she keeps on glancing at Yuju. Sometimes, when yuju caught her staring she just shooks her head, pretending to think. 

She sighs and looks down on her notebook, her eyes widen when she saw her notebook full of Yuju's name. 'damn it, i didn't know i keep writing her name... ' she thought. 

She looks up again and her eyes met yuju's breath taking dark chocolate  orbs, staring back at her. Yuju quickly shook her head and went bavk to the staff room. Yewon couldn't help but smile a little, kinda hurt that yuju avoided her eye contact too. 

She felt a tap on her shoulder which made her stop daydreaming about her Yuju— wait, what? 

She turns around and she saw a group of 3 guys standing behind her. 

"hello there, may i help you?" she asked politely giving him a smile. 

"u-uhm, i just, uh, wanted to say... That.. Y-You're so pretty and i-is it okay if i get your number, miss?" he stuttered and blushed when yewon gave him a smile. 

The two guys behind him was laughing while supporting their friend who is interested in yewon. 

"first of all, thank you for the compliment. Second i am very sorry but i can't just give my number to a random stranger... " Yewon felt guilty but she's right anyway, right? 

"don't worry, miss. This friend of our right here is very loyal yet he's shy." the other guy said. 

"yeah, he's just really interested in you. I guess that's what you call 'love at first sight'" they laughed. Yewon was starting to feel uncomfortable but someone patted their backs, she looks at the person. Feeling a relief of sigh escape . 

"Excuse me, boys. This is not a flirting café shop." Yuju smiled at them, not looking at yewon. 

"whoa, you're cute too. Mind if i get your number? Or maybe i can treat you a dri—"

"Get out and don't ever bother or lay a hand on my girlfriend before i snap your neck and poke your eyeballs with my sharp nails." she was still smiling, the other guy clicked his tongue and they left. 

Yuju sighs, she felt like someone is staring at her so she looked down at yewon. She asked softly, "are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah. Thank you for saving me." the small girl blushes and looks down. 'you can't just blush infront of her yewon! I thought you hate her?!' she thought.

"i came out as soon as they went closer to you, you feel uncomfortable so... " she puts down two hot cup of coffee on the table as she sitted infront of yewon, putting the circular tray on her lap to rest. 

Yewon finally looks up at her, those beautiful orbs never failed to make her heart go crazy. 
"W-What are you—"

"I wanted to have a talk with you.... U-Umji... " Yuju said. 

"but how about work?"

"i talked to my manager. I told him its an emergency" yuju winks and that made yewon's face turned into darker shade of red. 

"W-Well... Go on. I'll listen." 


×××


Sowon was serving the drinks to the customers, she keeps on checking yewon and yuju. Perhaps the reason why they're talking is because yuju is interested on her? She thought but shakes her head. 

She looked at the clock, they've been talking for how many hours already since it's almost closing time but sojung doesn't mind. 

Eunha suddenly pops up in her mind, her heart kinda hurts. She still haven't received any calls or text from her. 

She shrugs her shoulders and decided to clean the cup before going out, and... Probably meet up with eunha. 

 

She was about to take her apron off when her piggy manager yelled her name, her body twitched and it almost gave her a heart attack. 

She turns around and there she saw her manager walking towards her with an angry face. 

"sir," she bows before continuing " is there something wrong?"

"starting now don't call me sir, Kim sojung."

"W-What do you mean? Did i do something wrong? I-I'll fix it as soon as possible sir—"

"I SAID DON'T EVER CALL ME SIR!" he yelled, making the employees stop their work and watch. Yuju and Yewon stopped talking to when they heard someone yell, they turn their head towards the direction where sojung and her manager standing. 

"You are fired." the manager said. 

This made sojung gasp, "N-No, sir— what did i do this time—" she stuttered, feeling her legs weaken. 

"i said YOU ARE FIRED! GIVE ME YOUR APRON!"

"Sir you can't do this— this is my o-only job left and—"

"APRON! NOW!!" he yelled once more.

Sojung was shocked, speechless and she feels like she's gonna faint. 

Yuju saw the situation and looks back at umji " i'll be right back, i have to help sojung unnie." before she stands up, yewon tugs her sleeves. 

"i-i'll come with you." they both stood up, umji stays a little bit far from the situation while yuju stands infront of her father. 

"father, what the hell are you doing?! Why are you firing sojung right now? She didn't even do something bad!" she was trying to hold her anger but it failed, she's tired of seeing her father yelled at her best friend. 

"that— that thing! I know she stole my money in my office!" he pointed at sojung, his face starting to get red from anger.

"what do you mean? She won't do such a thing like that! And call her a "thing"! She's a human being!" she yelled. Her eyes are staring deeply into her father's eyes. 

Yewon came closer to sojung, hugging her side as she calms her down. "sowon unnie... Calm down, it'll be alright" she whipers. 

"my money is all gone because of her! I know it's her because she lack of money! And i know she stole it so she can buy drugs or—"

"ENOUGH! YOU TALK TOO MUCH ABOUT SOMEONE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!" Yewon finally fired back. Not able to hold back her anger. 

The manager looked at her, up and down and scoffs, "and who are you? Don't tell me you're her partner and you're trying to hide her reason."

"don't you EVER. Call Umji with those rude mouth of yours." Yuju gritted her teeth. 

"oh and now you know her? Starting now, i don't like to see Kim sojung and her filthy partner Umji inside my shop ever again. And cut your connections with them, Choi Yuna." he turn his back and starts to walk away. 

"you are disgusting i'm glad mom left you for being such an to the family, even to your shop." this made him stop his track and turn his head to yuju, a single tear finally escaped yuju's eyes. 

"Yuna.... " Umji calls out softly, getting yuju's attention. "let's go... "

Yuju nodded and untied her apron. Throwing it toward her father's direction. She grabs yewon and sojung's hand and goes out of the shop. 


×××


10 minutes have passed after the incident, they were walking on the side of the road quietly, no one dares to speak. 

Umji held sojung's hand tightly, rubbing the knuckles using her thumb. She can still hear yuju sniffling and sobbing. 

"I'm sorry... " the tall girl was the first one to break the silence. They stopped walking and looks at her. 

"unnie it's not your fault... " Yuju said, sniffing once more before she hugs sojung tightly. "i'm really sorry you have to go through this... My father is an ."

"Sowon unnie... I can call my driver and take us home—"

"both of you, please leave me alone." said Sojung as she started to walk away. 

Yewon was about to stop her but she felt a warm hand wrap around her wrist. She looks back and she saw yuju shaking her head. 

"She needs space, let her be." yuju said, looking down. 

Yewon was about to say no and chase sojung but when she saw yuju's eyes staring at her, she believes her. She nodded her head and intertwined their hands. 

Yuju was kinda shocked at the skinship and blushes a bit. 

"a-ah, i'm sorry i went too far—"

"it's fine, i misses this warmth. It's been a while too... " Yuju smiled at her and starts walking. 

Yewon blushes, she decided to stay quiet, such a chaotic day... 

 

 

 


Heyheyheeeeyyy sorry for the late update! I'm kinda busy again skdnsjs but hey i hope you like the update! :D have y'all saw gfriend's Oh Boy! Magazine photoshoot?! They look so pretty and cool skdnsjd WONHA TOO AAAAAAAAA bye