Chapter 2: If there's alcohol involved

Without You, I'm Nothing [Will Discontinue]

Rosé’s POV

I'm not really sure how to react to what Lisa’s dad just said. Do we look like a couple? And yes, he's damn right that I'm much better than her. Good thing they broke up – Oh my God! Why am I saying this? Lisa’s my best friend and I'd rather stay like that to her than lose her. What the hell is wrong with me?

"I couldn't believe he just said that!"

I sat beside Lisa and held her hand.

"Look, just focus on your work today, okay? Don't let anything or anyone distract you" I kissed her cheek, stood up and went out.

I hope she gets better soon.

After work, we went to the restaurant where the old gang used to hang out. For some reason, neither one of us are talking and it was weird. Were we both affected by what her father said but just don't want to talk about it? Argh. I hate this feeling.

We arrived at the restaurant and went to the room we reserved. It was a karaoke restaurant so we started singing some of our favorite songs. We put in one of them, "They Don’t Know About US by One Direction"

"They don't know about the things we do. They don't know about the "I love yous”. But I bet you if they only knew. They would just be jealous of us

They don't know about the up all nights. They don't know I've waited all my life. Just to find a love that feels this right"

As we sang along, absent-mindedly, we were holding hands and my head was resting on her shoulders.

Lisa’s POV

Rosé and I sang our hearts out that we didn't' realize we were holding hands. And as we finish the song, we were facing each other, almost about to kiss when the door opened.

"I knew it! You two, it's about damn time too!" it was our friend Seulgi.

"About time for what?" I asked as I pull away though I know exactly what she meant by that.

Wendy, Irene, Seulgi, Joy and Yeri entered the room and suddenly I felt uncomfortable.

"How are you guys?" I asked once everyone was seated.

"Well, everyone actually is doing fine Lalisa Manoban. Same old "

Wendy answered while lighting a cigarette. (Almost everyone is smoking except for Joy). We placed our orders and continued singing. And as if our hands have magnets, we were holding hands under the table.

The food and drinks arrived and we started eating and exchanging stories.

Then Irene called everyone’s attention as she stood up.

"I want to propose a toast for Lisa, for being able to get through the rough times of her life and for being here with us on your birthday. May you find someone who will erase all the sadness in your life" Irene, the oldest in the group said and we all exchanged the toast.

"What is this, my 20th birthday all over again?" I asked them. It's funny that they were serious while giving out their messages. Everyone were saying their wishes and of course, Rosé said something as well.

"I know life has been hard on you Lisa, being able to see most of the downfalls you had. We celebrate this day not only because it's your birthday but also this will be a reminder for you that when people leave our lives, there will always be other people who will never leave you no matter how messed up you become. To Lisa, for a better life!" and everyone exchanged toasts for the sixth time and was waiting for me to say something.

"Wow! I don't really know where to begin. I mean, your messages really touched my heart. I couldn't ask for a new set of friends. You guys are the best! Wendy, I'm really sorry for what happened before, I didn't mean to give you that black eye. Joy, I'm sorry for throwing your phone in the river; Yeri, I'm really sorry for slipping out to your family about you being a lesbian; I heard you were kicked out. To all of you, I really am sorry for behaving like that before. I know I wasn't in my right mind and thank you for still accepting me as your friend. Now to Rosé, my best friend. I don't know what more I had done to myself without you. You're really my angel. I love you... I love y'all!"

After my speech, we continued drinking and held hands under the table. Songs kept playing and drinks kept coming. Good thing it was a Friday night so no worries about work the next day. It was already two in the morning when we billed out. Everyone was drunk especially me so Rosé decided to take a cab and take me to her house (because she knows I won't be able to remember my house password again, yup my house lock is voice activated, cool, eh?). The ride home was short but it felt like hours. My mind was floating to fantasy land and this is not good.

Rosé’s POV

Lisa’s drunk again; no way could I let her drive on this state. So we left her car and waited for a cab.

"Can you take us to Prime Avenue, please?" I said to the cab driver, he nodded.

Lisa rested her head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Your girlfriend seems pretty drunk, eh" the cab driver suddenly said, breaking the silence inside.

"Yeah, celebrating all night. It was her birthday. Hang on; did you say 'my' girlfriend?"

"Is she not? Because you two look good together. Forgive me for saying that"

I didn't answer. Girlfriend? He thought we were together? Why would he think of that? First her dad, now this; why does everyone think we're a couple?

"Can you stop in front of that green car?"

I paid the fare and helped Lisa out of the cab into my apartment. I whispered, "We're home" and led her to my bedroom. Once she's comfortably sleeping, I went to shower, put on my pajamas and prepared a wet towel for Lisa. Once I was done, I was about to stand up from the bed when she held my arm. "Don't leave me".

I didn't want to argue with a drunken person so I dropped the towel and laid beside her. She immediately wrapped her arms and legs around me and all I could do was watch her sleep. An hour passed and my body started to feel numb because of the position we have. So I tried to move a bit but her grasp were too tight.

"Lisa, wake up. I can't feel my arms anymore" I said to her hoping she would respond and apparently she did and loosened her grasp.

We were face to face again, only inches away and something came to my mind – I wanted to kiss her.

I shook the idea, closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

Lisa's POV

I woke up and was surprised to see Rosé in front of me. I looked around and realized I was at her apartment although I don't remember how I got here. I tried to get up but my head is spinning like crazy. I must've drunk too much last night. I saw the water and some meds by the headstand and I thought, "Rosé , she's just so sweet. Not wanting me to get a hangover" so I drank it finished the whole bottle and laid back.

I was facing Rosé’s face again and some silly thought came to my mind – I wanted to kiss her. Our faces were so close, one move and I wouldn't have done it. But I tried to forget the thought and closed my eyes. And then she moved and our lips met. We both opened our eyes, stared at each other while our lips stayed glued to each other. Nobody moved for the next few seconds, I was waiting if she would do the first move or just walk away but no, she just stayed there. So I made the move and to my surprise, her lips responded. We stayed entangled to each other and exchanging kisses for the next few minutes and as our lips parted giving us time to breathe, she suddenly stood up and went out of the room. I gathered up some strength to stand up despite the headache and followed her. She was sitting on her swing in the backyard, smoking, so I sat beside her and lit a cigarette.

"What are you doing here at this time? It's cold" she didn't respond. Assuming she doesn't want to talk about it, I stood up.

"What happened?" she asked making me to stop from walking.

Confused at her question, "What d'you mean? You know what happened" I said.

She was shaking. "I guess the right question was 'why' it happened?"

"I'm not sure as well" I answered.

"Did you do that on purpose or were you thinking of someone else?"

“Chaeng, what kind of question is that?"

"Did you do that because you wanted to or were you thinking that I'm somebody else?"

"Chaeng, I -"

"You know what, never mind. Go back to sleep and get you car when you wake up. We left it at BlackVelvet"

She finished her cigarette and went back inside but I stayed for another smoke.

I don't know why it happened but I was definitely not thinking of someone else. Why would she even say that?

Rosé’s POV

I was awakened by my lips crashing into Lisa’s. I don't know what happened but we stayed like that for a couple of minutes. We were actually kissing! It felt good and I didn't want to stop. But eventually we did to catch our breath. Out of nervousness, I ran out of the room. I know she'd follow me and I'm not sure why I have to run in the first place. I've always wanted to try kissing girls but I never thought it would be with my best friend. Do I 'like' Lisa? Do I really have feelings for her more than a friend? I'm getting confused! This is so not me.

She followed me, as usual, and when I asked her about it, she didn't give me a straight answer. Well, I cut her off. What the hell is wrong with me? Okay, let's just settle that 'things' happen when you have alcohol in your system. Yep, that's it.