Chapter 13: Truth Will Out

Without You, I'm Nothing [Will Discontinue]

Lisa’s POV

“Babe wake up. Food’s ready” I said as I gently patted her shoulder. She was very uneasy as if having a bad dream.

“No! You can’t make me leave! I love her!” Rosé was shouting in her sleep and I got worried. This has never happened before, so I tried waking her up again.

I was shaking her hard now and that’s when she woke up panting. I gave her some time to catch her breath and when our eyes met, tears started to fall from her eyes. She must’ve really had a bad dream for her to cry like this.

“Babe? Are… are you feeling better now?” I asked not really knowing what’s happening.

She looked at me then said, “I’m sorry you had to see that. I… I don’t know how to even begin explaining”

“Explain what?”

She took a deep breath then said, “Before I explain it, I want to start off with I’m sorry”

“Why? You haven’t done anything babe”

“I did. I kept something from you. Something I thought I would never have to remember. Something in my past that caused me real pain”

I had no idea what she was talking about, so I waited until she continued.

“Before I came here in South Korea, I was with someone. Although at that time, we were still in the closet and everything was doing just great even though we were the only ones who knows until the day we graduated”

“Why? What happened?”

“A simple game of seven minutes turned to a disaster when the people literally inside the closet were discovered. And back in Melbourne, gays and lesbians have no place at that time. It’s like an abomination for people who gets together with the same intimately or even just showing affection. And with my mom being a highly respected woman there, is one of those people who puts people like homouals in their rightful place, if you know what I mean”

“Wait, I’ve met your mother and she was nothing like a monster”

“My real mom. The one you met was my step mother. My parents got divorced when I was about five or six because my father couldn’t stand the way she controls us. I was too young to understand what was going on back then but as I grew older, I’ve noticed that everything I do must be according to her liking. So just imagine how she reacted when the news got to her about me being in that closet with another girl…a girl whom you already know”

I didn’t need to think of who that person is. “It was Mina” Rosé concluded.

I flinched when I heard the name coming out of Rosé’s mouth. Although I was already expecting it, I just couldn’t believe she didn’t tell me about it even before.

“Lisa, please say something” Rosé pleaded after I gave no response.

To be honest, I also saw this coming. I mean, I kind of had an idea already back when we first saw the band, but I wasn’t sure at first, so I just put two and two together.

“Thank you for your honesty Chaeng, but why are you telling me this just now? You could’ve held on to that but no, you had to tell me especially now that we’re working with them. Why Chaeng? Why?” I said with much sarcasm in my voice.

”I’m telling you this because I want to be honest with you Lisa. I don’t want you to hear my history with her from another person other than myself.” Rosé answered but I was not buying it.

“Okay.” I responded then stood up from the couch.

We still had dinner but it was a really quiet one then I asked Rosé to leave. She didn’t argue at all but that’s just who she is. I didn’t bother fixing up after we had dinner and just went straight to bed but with all the information I was given, I couldn’t pull myself to sleep. Maybe I overreacted, maybe not but I really don’t understand why she had to lie or didn’t tell me right away. I kept thinking if I was too harsh on Rosé because even though she did delay the truth, she was the one who initiated it. And I know it took a lot of courage to do what she did because I never did have that. After a few sticks, I tried to get myself to sleep and eventually I did. When I woke up the next morning, I told myself I’d make it up to Rosé so before I got to the office, I dropped by our favorite cafe and bough her breakfast.

“Good Morning Lisa. Rosé’s usual?” the store owner said as he greeted me.

“Good Morning as well Mr. Park. Yes please and make it two”

“Alright my dear. Why don’t you sit down for a while Miss Manoban” he said then went to the kitchen. As I wait, I heard the bell on the door signaling that someone just came in. I didn’t bother checking who it was but when I heard the voice I instantly recognized it. Of all the cafes in the neighborhood she had to be here as well? I know I shouldn’t be having this ill feeling towards her especially that she’s one of our artists now and that wouldn’t look good if I treat her differently because I know Rosé wouldn’t want me to as well. After a few minutes, Mr. Park called my name as he handed my order and as I walked towards the door, I pretended I did not see Mina but I can feel her eyes looking at me. I got in my car and drove to the office and was surprised to see Rosé coming out of the other elevator.

“Good Morning babe. Can we talk?” I greeted.

“Sure” With that, we went inside our office, locked the door and placed my things on m desk.

“About last night, well I… I want to apologize for how I reacted. I know it wasn’t easy for you but I really admire you for your honesty babe. I looked back at what happened last month when I couldn’t even admit to you what was going on, that you had to found out about from somebody else. And I know I hurt you”

“Lisa, we’ve talked about this” Rosé interjected.

“I know, I know. What I’m trying to say is, I want to make it up to you, that’s why I -- ”

”bought my favorite breakfast, I know, I’ve been able to smell it the moment you walked in.” Rosé interjected again but this time with a teasing smile.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to snap on you. I just…uhm…I guess I just wasn’t prepared to hear you out because even though I already had an idea, I still wished I was wrong ”

Rosé held my hand and said, “I know we’re dealing with someone from my past this time but I can assure you, that it won’t come between us. I love you Lisa. I always have and I always will. And no matter what, I will choose you over and over again”

Our lips touched and we shared a very early passionate kiss. If not for the fact that we were in the office I wouldn’t have let her stop doing what she was about to do which was undress me, which isn’t the first time, but not this early. I straightened my blouse and stood up to fix our breakfast then asked Rosé to join me. After we ate, our staff started arriving and we headed to our conference room for our start of the day meeting. By lunch, we met up with Wendy as Irene is in an audition for a new drama.

 

General POV

“So Wannie, any update on what you’re planning for your proposal?” Rosé started as they wait for their order.

“Ugh. I’m wrecking my brain trying to think of the best one” Wendy responded.

“Well, remember the trip I invited y’all?” Wendy nodded. “If I tell you where it is, I think I’ll help”

This made Lisa really curious as to where this was. “Speaking of which, where is this place?”

”You’ll find out soon enough. I will let y’all know in time. So Wendy, heard from Irene about the audition yet?”

Wendy checked her phone. “Hmm. Well, no text yet but I’m sure she nailed it. She always does” They finished their lunch and headed back to their office.

When they arrived, the band was already there for their first day of work. They discussed today’s agenda and as they selected the final list of songs for their first album, they started recording. They were able to cover two songs that afternoon and the two producers are overly satisfied with the results after a few changes. Lisa contacted one of her favorite music directors  and asked him to direct the band’s first music video which he agreed to and scheduled it to start taping by the following month.

 

 

 

 

A/N: This chapter is considered the calm before the storm.