Chapter 4: It's all coming back

Without You, I'm Nothing [Will Discontinue]

Lisa’s POV

It has been a month now and Rosé and I's relationship went down to being best friends to simply co-workers...because of that damn kiss. I don't understand why it was so big of a deal for her. I mean, I myself never really gave an answer to her question that night. But I want to tell her now, I like her. I guess I've always liked her but I was too scared to lose her. We would still hang out but it would always be with other people, never just the two of us and I'm really bummed about it, because I miss her. I miss 'us'. When we would just chill in my place or hers, go to a new place, drink till we drop and just having fun together.

 

I guess it was so long ago when we really had that kind of bonding, since I was with someone-who-must-not-be-named-anymore for most of the year. When I had problems, she was always the first one I'd talk to and when that , sorry that person left me, Rosé was there to comfort me. She was the one who suggested for me to take a break which really helped. Although there were still moments when I just space out but when I think of Rosé, I go back to reality. I don't know how long I could still stand our situation but this time I am not going to beg. I will patiently wait because I know in time, Rosé and I will be best friends again.

I distracted myself in completing the presentation we'll have for our new client. An upcoming singer who goes by the name Femme Fatale; which I think is really weird to use. We will be meeting with her team later today and I just want everything to be perfect because I spent three whole nights coming up with a great show for her. We are the best company when it comes to producing music so I'm sure this Femme Fatale will rise to fame in no time. At quarter to three, Rosé knocked on my door and told me that our clients are here and waiting in my dad's conference room so I gathered my things and Rosé and I headed to the elevator. There was an awkward silence yet again between Rosé and I so I just focused on my presentation. We reached the top floor and we went out of the elevator. I suddenly felt the need to pee so I asked Rosé to prepare the laptop for me. I went to the nearest restroom and did my thing.

Rosé’s POV

I miss being with Lisa but I'm scared that I'll lose her when I finally tell her how I've felt for the last ten years we've been best friends. I know I've been avoiding her after we kissed but I still am not sure why she did it in the first place. She never really gave me an answer. I asked her because I thought she was still thinking about that . But how long can you really move on from someone who broke your heart, right? I've always just been in the background since Lisa started dating her. I don't really like her but she makes Lisa happy; well, that's what I thought at first. But I've noticed that they've had more fights than dates, and after they see each other, Lisa would always drop by my place or call me and tell me about it. I've listened to her problems and have always just been the supportive best friend. When they finally broke up; rather when the  left Lisa, she reached her lowest and I couldn't help but feel bad about it so I suggested for her to take a break from the city which she did and it really helped her.

We have a new client in our company and since we are the best we make sure that we give our all. Our boss, Lisa’s dad had ordered us to make a presentation for the client, so our team brainstormed right away and when we have the details, we gave them to Lisa so she can file it and create the presentation. I know she put her heart into this one because it's the biggest project she's had since she came back. So on the day of the presentation, I called Lisa and told her that the client has arrived. She gathered her things and we went up to her dad's conference room. It was really quiet during the elevator ride. I wanted to say something but I don't want her to lose her focus. So when we got out of the floor we proceeded to the conference room but suddenly Lisa said she has to pee so I took her laptop and went inside the room to set it up.

When I got inside, I was not expecting to see that one person who ruined Lisa’s life. I almost dropped the laptop I was holding but good thing I have good reflexes and caught them, placed it on the table and set it up. I excused myself and caught up with Lisa just as she was leaving the restroom.

"Hey, you sure you can do this? Because I can definitely take over just for today" I told her, trying to stall her from entering the room.

"I've been preparing for this so yes I want to do it. I do want to make a good impression to our client" Lisa answered with a big smile then walked past by me but I immediately grabbed her wrist and she looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Rosé, what are you doing? We need to go inside now" Lisa said so I let go of her wrist and entered the room. She didn't notice the girl on the other side of the table wearing her sunglasses so she proceeded with her presentation. When she was done, there was a moment of silence in the room so Lisa looked at me and I gave her thumbs up because it was really good. Then her dad finally spoke and asked our clients what they thought about it. The guy who was wearing a suit answered him.

"I think this is a good presentation and I like how you plan things. But this is really up to Jennie" He said and when he did, the girl took off her sunglasses and I sensed Lisa stiffen.

"Hmm. Yeah, I like it too but I like the one who gave the presentation better" Jennie said then smirked and winked at Lisa.

I just couldn't contain myself and said, "No you don't!" a little louder than expected and everyone's eyes turned to me.

"Excuse me?" she said to me and I was going to answer back when I felt Lisa’s hand on my wrist. I looked at her and she shook her head and I understood what she meant.

"I'm sorry about that. Would you excuse us for a moment?" Lisa said and they nodded so we went out of the room.

We went back inside the rest room and I closed both my fists and approached the sink. I was shaking in anger and I just want to punch something...or someone. Lisa was just looking at me but I can see her eyes were forming some tears.

"I should be the one feeling that way, not you Rosé" She said and this time I faced her.

"I know but I'm sorry I couldn't help it. That , in that room, hurt you and now she's here like nothing happened? What the is that?" I said to Lisa and she looked down. She was fighting back her tears so I just hugged her and that's when she let it out.

"I...I thought I was o...okay Chaeng" Lisa said as she continued crying and I couldn't do anything else but hold her tight and comfort her.

"I know Lisa but you cannot let this overpower you again. You've spent too many tears for that . She doesn't deserve any of this, okay?" I told her and she just nodded.

"How do you do it Chae?" She asked and for a second I didn't understand what she just said.

"Because I'm your best friend, silly. That's what best friends do" I answered but silently wished I could tell her how I really feel.

We were gone for almost ten minutes now and we were interrupted by a knock on the door, it was Lisa’s dad.

"Girls, you need to get back inside...now" He commanded so Lisa washed her face first and made sure no evidence was seen then we went back to the conference room and faced them once again.