Chapter 9: Making Up For Lost Time

Without You, I'm Nothing [Will Discontinue]

Making Up For Lost Time

After Rosé gave Lisa the ring, they spent the night making up for lost time; with Lisa being on tour/promotions with Jennie's team while Rosé being away from everyone. There was nothing but love and passion they shared and the intensity of the heat they are producing was enough to burn down a house. The sun was already up when they both decided to sleep in and when they did, they were still engulfed in each other's arms. Lisa was the first to wake up that afternoon despite her body's protests to get up, being in a very comfortable position as well; her mind told her she should get up. After a few minutes of fighting with her mind, she finally untangled herself and quietly entered the bathroom to take a shower, when she was done, she tip toed towards her dresser, put some clothes on and tied her hair in a messy bun, Rosé  was still sleeping soundly and Lisa could not help but just stare at this beautiful angel laying on her bed. After watching her for a few minutes, she went out to go to the kitchen and started preparing for their meal. They've spent a whole lot of energy with their activities the night before and they missed breakfast and lunch so it's no wonder that when Rosé  wakes up, she could also devour a whole lot of food, so Lisa cooked her favorites like bacon, buttered veggies and mushroom and potato salad,

Meanwhile, Rosé was starting to wake up and still with her eyes closed, stretched and felt Lisa’s side which was now cold. She opened her eyes and wondered where she was. That's when the smell of food hit her nostrils and she quickly got out of bed. She peaked outside to see what her girlfriend was doing and there she was cooking what seems to be her favorite. She went for a quick shower, got dressed and sneaked out of the room to surprise Lisa who was still preparing their meal while singing along with the music she was playing. She had her back on Rosé and so she timed to make her appearance known just as she was turning to face her.

"Are those for me?" Rosé said which caused Lisa to almost drop the newly cooked strips of bacon from the pan.

"What the hell babe?! Don't ever do that again" Lisa responded as she transferred the food on the plate.

Rosé snickered as she made her way to Lisa’s side and held her by her hip.

"Chaeng, just stay on your side while I finish these" Lisa said and Rosé followed but not before she gives her a kiss on her cheek.

The table was set and their coffee almost brewing (even though it's already three in the afternoon) so the couple the TV to pass the time,

It was tuned in on KBS when the announcer began, "Femme Fatale just had a successful album launching in select cities in Europe, New Zealand and Australia and everyone just loves it. It's no wonder that her songs Stay and Solo had been back to back on the top spot on the most downloaded songs in Spotify and other music stores. We sure are going to expect more of her in the next months as she prepares for her Whipped album tour. But of course, we will not forget to thank her producer and rumored girlfriend again, Lisa Manoban. Here are some clips from the launch"

Lisa went stiff as the clips started playing, she couldn't even look at Rosé who had her eyes glues on the video. When it was done, Rosé stood up and Lisa felt the way she did when Rosé broke up with her just a month ago but that feeling changed when she was saw her bringing two cups of steaming coffee with a big smile on her face. With that she knew that it didn't bother Rosé anymore but of course, the guilt will always be there. They ate quietly; well Lisa was while Rosé was chewing her food with much delight. After eating, Rosé washed the dishes and by the time everything was dried and back to place, she joined Lisa in the garden and lit up a smoke.

Rosé watched her girlfriend who had been quiet since the report on the TV.

"What are you thinking?" Lisa seemed not to hear her as she was staring at the ground. So, Rosé waited until she was ready to talk. A few minutes passed, and Lisa faced Rosé , "I know I already said this, but I want to say sorry one more time for what happened Chaeng. I want you to know that you are the one I love and the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't want to lose you again"

"Babe, I promised that whatever happens, I am here to stay. Whatever that would come to us, if we are together, we will be able to face it. I just need you to be strong. Not just for me, for yourself and for us. This rumor that will arise may not end right away but as long as I have your hand to hold through it all, I have no doubts that soon enough it will back down"

Lisa looked at Rosé and said, "What did I do to deserve you Chaeng?" she asked, and Rosé just shrugged. After their talk, they went back inside and hit the sack early for tomorrow.

Rosé ‘s POV

I woke up early the next day and made breakfast for both of us. I know that today would be different and by different, I mean, reporters will be having a field day when they see us out together and not Jennie. Which is not really a surprise, but you know how they get when rumors like this starts. I wanted to shield Lisa from all of these but obviously I can't, I just want this damn rumor to die as soon as possible. Coz no matter how Lisa acts like she's strong and everything, I've known her enough when she's faking it and just putting on a front. Like the time when her parents decided to get a divorce; she was sixteen and since she was much closer to her mom at that time, it really came as a shock to her to know that her mom was having an affair. Just like any other teenager, she took it bad but didn't show it until the final stage of the process. So since then, whenever the issue was brought up, she simply turns the other cheek and find ways to get off the topic. But I was there every time she needed someone to talk to. Same thing when the break up between her and Jennie was just fresh. She tried to show a strong front, but my fingers and my toes aren't enough to count the times she drowned her nights with alcohol just to numb all the pain she was feeling, and I was a witness to every single night. Making sure nothing bad happens to her. Drowning her sorrow with liquor isn't the solution and we both know that but there was nothing I could do to stop her, I did make sure she wouldn't kill herself. At times I think I failed her as her best friend when nothing changed after the next few months until she just woke up one morning and said that she's wants to go away for a while to fix herself and who was I to stop her. So, she packed her bag and went her away to an exclusive island their family owned. When she came back, I knew she was better and I intend to keep the promise I made last night.

"Rise and shine my love. Better wake up before the food gets cold" I said as I entered the room and she immediately opened her eyes. I placed the tray carefully on the bed and gave her a peck.

"Good Morning to you too my love. I really missed this. I can't believe I almost lost the chance to have this moment again" Lisa responded.

As Rosé had predicted, reporters were already waiting for them outside the office when they arrived; good thing that her car was tinted so no one really saw them arrive. They went up Mr. Manoban’s office as Rosé, despite Lisa’s assurance, wanted to ask if she can still have her job back. Mr. Manoban was just starting to drink his morning coffee when the couple knocked on the door to announce their presence; and when they opened it, he was really shocked to see Rosé with Lisa.

"My dear Chaeyoung! Where have you been? You had us worried sick kiddo" Mr. Manoban said as he hugged her.

"I went away to clear my head Mr. Manoban. I really am sorry if I got you and everyone else worried. It won't happen again, I promise" Rosé responded.

"I knew you'd come around sooner or later but if what I'm thinking is right, yes, you still have your job back. I am standing by what I said"

"Thank you, Mr. Manoban,"

"So anyway, now that you're back, you can definitely help Lisa with your next project…since Femme Fatale is no longer under your production -"

"I'm sorry what? When did this happen?" Lisa finally said.

"Oh right, just last night actually. Jennie and her manager Jisoo called and asked to be put under a different producer" Mr. Manoban started to explain what the conversation was about, and the couple was just dumbfounded. "So, there's this band that normally plays in coffee bars around town and I personally had the experience of listening to their performance live, so I talked to them. That's why you'll be meeting with them later this afternoon. I'll be forwarding you an email about their profile"

With no questions asked, they went to their office and started their daily meeting which surprised all of staff as some of them had filed a complaint on Rosé just a month ago. When they were done, they went inside their room and checked out Mr. Manoban’s email and they were impressed with their profile. The band is called 'Mundane Shadows' and is consists of four girls: Myoui Mina on vocals and lead guitar, Yoo Jeongyeon on bass, Kim Dahyun on keyboards and Son Chaeyoung on drums. They've been doing a lot of gigs in and out of the city like what Mr. Manoban said and curiosity got the best of them, so they listened to their demo.

"Wow! They're really good!" Lisa exclaimed. "I cannot wait to meet them later"

"Yeah, I can't believe I've heard of them just now. I really like how they play around with their words and how sick their beats are" Rosé responded.

The couple had been listening to their tracks the whole morning and by lunch; they went and met up with Wendy and Irene. It was supposed to be just Lisa,Wendy and Irene as the other two had no idea Rosé was already back. They arrived first at the restaurant, so they get to pick their table (an agreement the four of them had since they started working for their lunch meetings). They picked a table outside but still hidden from the street, so they could smoke and as well as to avoid attention from any paparazzi lurking around trying to gather some juicy news. Five minutes later, their other best friends arrived and as expected they were shocked to see Rosé as they haven't seen her since she went off the radar.

Irene squealed as they approach their table. "Oh my god Rosé you're here" The four friends hugged each other and settled down.

"I knew it! Oh, baby you owe money" Wendy said to her girlfriend.

Confused, Lisa had to ask. "What do you mean you knew?"

The waiter gave the menu and told them he'll be back to take your orders. While looking at the menu, Wendy started explaining. "Remember when we had lunch the other day?" Lisa nodded. "There was a woman sitting at the table next to ours, although seemingly, still not smart enough not to use a compact mirror to stalk the other table" Rosé snickered. "So, when I was able to leave, I caught a glimpse of her reflection and thought I saw Rosé and I'm pretty she saw me too, right Chaeng?"

"Guilty as charged" Rosé said and they all laughed. The waiter came back and they each said their orders and continued catching up.

"So where have you been hiding all this time?" asked Irene.

"I'll keep it a secret for now, but I want you all to reserve at least a week from your busy schedules next month" Rosé replied to them while looking at Lisa who had the same puzzled look as the other two. "Don't worry babe, you'll definitely thank me for that and you too Wendy" and finished it with a wink.

Their food came, and they began to eat and continued their catch up and when they're done, they went back to their respective work places; Lisa and Rosé to their office to prepare for their meet up with the band, Wendy to her studio and Irene to her rehearsals.

When they back from their lunch, they proceeded to one of their board rooms and waited for the band. Four girls entered the room and the two producers were impressed. Their lyrics, music and fashion really does stand out. After they settled down, they started with introductions and Rosé cannot seem to understand why one of them really looks familiar. They've seen their pictures earlier on but now that they're looking at them in person makes her wonder, why she looks like someone in her past.

"- so, now that we've been introduced, let's talk about opportunities. I cannot express how lucky we all are. I mean, your band is finally giving the big break you all deserve and us making sure you say on top. We were talking about how we would make our schedule work as we would like to honor what you wanted of keeping your regular performances as well." Lisa was all in business mode while Rosé was only half listening. She couldn't take her eyes off Mina. "So, Rosé and I would love to hear you perform live for us, I mean, might as well get used to seeing it, right Rosé?"

Rosé didn't respond so Santana nudged her lightly, "Rosé, you okay?"

"Sorry. Yeah. We would love to hear you play so let's move on to the studio. Follow me please" Rosé went back to reality and with her quick thinking, she swayed the tension that was starting to build between her and Lisa. The band went inside the studio and started to set up the instruments as the two producers watched on the other side of the room.

Once they were done, Mina called their attention. "This first song is called 'Waiting for you'", she strummed the first chord and started singing.

I still remember the day like it was yesterday
When I asked you one last time for you to stay
You said you wanted to, but you still went away
And now I am left with nothing else to say

All the while, Rosé was taken back down to memory lane as she remembers now why Mina looks familiar – she was her first love, and that was the first song they wrote together back in Melbourne. She remembers it like it was yesterday when they were hanging out in her room, they were twelve and both just coming to terms with their feelings.

We promised that no matter what we'll always have each other
You said there'll be no room for another
But as I watch you slip away further
I knew then I have lost you forever

But here I am still waiting for you
Even though I don't have a clue
I love you then and I love you now
But I don't know how
How could it still be you and me?

They knew then that they were both young and acting out on their feelings would keep them apart. Hence the title as they once promised that no matter what, they will wait for each other, never happened though.

I count the days that turned into months, into years
After all this time I'm still drowning in tears
I shout you name but I'm the only one that hears
I pray that one day I'll get over my fears


We promised that no matter what we'll always have each other
You said there'll be no room for another
But as time goes by I begin to wonder
What kind of spell you've put me under

Coz here I am still waiting for you
Even though I don't have a clue
I love you then and I love you now
But I don't know how
How could it still be you and me?

They've been in the closet together until they graduated from Canterbury Girls' Secondary College and Rosé and Mina were at a party at one of their friend's house. They were playing seven minutes in heaven and both their names were selected. They fooled their friends with their reactions as if they don't want to do it but once they got inside the cupboard under the stairs, they didn't waste time and started feeling each other. They got lost in each other's touch and didn't realized that their time was already up so their friend opened the door and found them in a very compromising position.

And I hope one day we meet again
Coz I know I'm better than I was back then
Is there still a chance for us to be together
Coz I swear I will let you go never

So here I am still waiting for you
Even though I don't have a clue
I love you then and I love you now
But I don't know how
How could it still be you and me?

Everyone was shocked to see them and that's when news spread out to their parents and they were not happy about it especially Rosé’s mom so the very next day, Rosé was sent to live with her father in Seoul and they never saw each other, until today.

 

 

 

 

A/N: It had been so long since I updated anything. I really have lost touch with my stories and to be honest I'm not sure if this really makes up for it, but I hope this will do.

Song was an original composition.