Chapter 1: Undecided

Without You, I'm Nothing [Will Discontinue]

Lisa’s POV

I woke up feeling tired even though I was just sleeping. Today is going to be a great day! (Well that's how I want it to be). Got out of bed and started my morning routine - made breakfast for whatever's left in the fridge, sat down, made myself a cup of coffee, lit a cigarette and read the newspaper.

"Same boring everyday" I thought to myself.

After eating, I hit the showers and dressed up for work. As I walk out of my apartment, I breathed the fresh morning air, exhaled it and hoped for something great to happen today. The good thing about being the daughter of the CEO is that I can come to work anytime I want but I have to make up for the nine months I wasted moping over this girl that almost caused me my job and position. Oh well, that's all in the past now.

I arrived at the office earlier than the maintenance team and went up straight to my office. Checked the report my team made and answered some of the emails from our sponsors. By the time I was done with all the emails, my team started arriving. I have twenty people under me but we are also one of the busiest teams in the company. We create the events for our talents and of course we get a lot of sponsors as well. Having a famous father is an advantage as well that's why I love my job so much. The team was completed around nine and we started with our brainstorming.

Everyone was seated comfortably in the bean bags in our conference room. (I requested for that instead of the typical long table and chairs scenario so my team can actually relax despite the stressful work). They were all waiting for me to speak. I can see the tension on their faces because I was gone for a month for my "recovery vacation" in the island my ancestors bought somewhere outside of the state. So this is the first time they'll see me again. Maybe they're afraid of me being violent as I was before some eight months ago.

So I smile and greeted, "Good Morning everyone!"

I waited for five seconds before they greeted back. Man that was awkward!

"I'm sure everyone is surprised to see me after missing out much of the work here. Let me start of by saying that I really am sorry. I shouldn't have left you guys with all the work and crazy deadlines. And thank you, for working so hard and not letting this team down. Special mention to Rosé who made sure I still have a team to go back to. And with that, I would like to invite everyone to my apartment after work. That is if you don't have anything to do. I just want to make up for the fun I missed out with you guys."

Rosé stood up and gave me a hug then said, "Welcome back Lisa !"

Everyone was cheering and with that, I knew things will be different starting today, So afterwards, they discussed the possible events we can have for the month and after an hour, everyone was back at their desks while Rosé and I went to my office.

"So, can I be the first to ask, how are you Lisa?"

Rosé is my best friend and just like everyone else, I shut her out of my life.

I opened the window, lit a cigarette and answered, "I'm fine".

~thoughts in my head~

Am I really okay? Am I now ready to forget the past and move on, find another? Am I going to be ready to open up my heart to another person?

"Earth to Lisa!"

I didn't realize Rosé was waving her hand at me because apparently I zoned out, lost in my own thoughts.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I spaced out"

"Ugh. Yeah, obviously. It's been like three minutes before you came back to your senses. Anyway, what exactly are you planning today? Party at you place seems nice but I was kind of planning to go at BlackVelvet with the old gang. That is if you're okay with that"

"I haven't really prepared anything at home and it's still a mess there. I kind of just said that earlier. Oh well, you still communicate with them? Are they okay with it though? I mean, I know I haven't patch things up with some of them, remember?"

I literally had an actual fist fight with some of my college friends during my I-can't-get-over-you phase and I never really apologized.

"They're actually excited about it and don't worry, I've already calmed them down about what happened" Rose’ answered.

"What would I do without you Roséanne Park? You're the best!" I said then hugged her. We were then interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in"

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I just want to check on you kiddo. I haven't seen you for quite some time" it was my dad.

"You're not interrupting anything dad. I missed you too and I'm sorry for what I did" then I went to him and hugged him.

"I understand what you're going thru Lisa and I'm thankful for Rosé as well for supporting your team and I'm really proud of what you've done" he then extended his hand and Rosé shook it, "No worries Mr. Manoban"

My dad took a seat then said, "So are you two dating now? Cause I don't really mind. It's better actually because I know Rosé is totally different from Je-"

"Dad! Can we not go to that? And no, Rosé is my best friend, nothing more" I interrupted.

"I'm just saying; anyway, update me on what's going with you two. I'm all ears" With that, he stood up and left.

Lighting another cigarette, I sat down in the couch and faced Rosé.

"I couldn't believe he just said that!"

Rosé sat beside me and held my hand.

"Look, just focus on your work today, okay? Don't let anything or anyone distract you" She kissed my cheek, stood up and went out. And I'm left with thought I didn't dare thought of before.

Why did my dad say Rosé is better? No, she can't be. I mean, yes she's great, gorgeous, has a rocking body and nice attitude. I mean I do like it when she holds me, hugs me or kisses me but that's all because we're so close. Or is there something behind it? ! Why am I even thinking about this?

The day passed by so quickly, it was the end of work. I passed on the memo about the change of plans for today and by six, Rosé and I are on our way to meet our college friends. We didn't really talk on the way to the restaurant and it was weird. We never had a dull moment before, why would it change now? We arrived at BlackVelvet and were the first to arrive so we went to the room they reserved and made ourselves comfortable.