Be With Me

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I really love this song and I chose this particular song (other than it really fits with this chapter) because of Donghae's part in 2:33. That one line of his is basically the entire story. ^_^ Enjoy~

Oh, and there would be a switch between Eunhyuk/Hyukjae based on how the character sees him so that is done on purpose. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll answer it right away! :)

Heechul was worried at the way Donghae was staring at the man in front of them. He doesn't recall meeting anyone named Eunhyuk before but judging by the way Donghae said his name, it was almost like he couldn't believe it either. 

"Leeteuk, do you know him?" Heechul asked hoping that maybe he could provide some answers but when the latter shook his head in response, Heechul turned towards Eunhyuk who was shifting uncomfortably on his spot. Suddenly aware of the weird situation they were in, Heechul took it upon himself to pull Donghae away from the latter but when he tried to turn Donghae around, the latter merely shrugged him off. 

"Donghae, what are you doing?"

Donghae didn't say anything to him and took a step towards Eunhyuk who now hung his head low and kept his gaze on the ground. 

"Y-You're him...right?" Donghae asked Eunhyuk and waited for him to nod and say yes; to say that he came back for him because he couldn't let Donghae live this way. His voice was shaky from anticipation but when he tried to reach out to hold him, Heechul grabbed his arm and pulled him back to stop him from taking another step further. He didn't care though and only kept his eyes on Eunhyuk who watched them with widened eyes. "Hyukkie, tell them it's you."

Hyukjae looked at him not knowing what to say. No matter how much he wanted to say to him that yes, of course it was him he couldn't. 

"I-...I-..." Hyukjae stuttered trying to find the right words to say without upsetting Donghae. He looked at Ryeowook who was watching them with a puzzled look. Then he looked at Yesung and gave him a pleading look to help him out before landing his eyes back on Donghae who was now near tears again. His heart hurt seeing that yearning look in his eyes but he was too afraid that one wrong move and he'd be taken away. 

Leeteuk decided to intervene as well by putting a comforting hand on Donghae's shoulder before turning his gaze at Eunhyuk, He was about to aplogize for Donghae's behavior when he felt a sense of familiarity seeing his face. 

"Wait a second. I know you," Leeteuk said but his mind was drawing a blank as to where. "Right?"

Hyukjae froze and didn't think he could feel anymore anxious than he already did but hearing Leeteuk's suspicious tone had his heart beating in an uncredibly unhealthy way. He internally panicked and was worried that his cover has already been blown. "N-No..." he tried to lie but even he wasn't convinced. 

Leeteuk squinted his eyes and took a closer look at him. Hyukjae's never felt more exposed than he did at that moment. Within the next second, Leeteuk's eyes widened as it finally clicked in his head where he recognized Eunhyuk from.

"Y-You're...You're the drowned patient that was brought in at the hospital three days ago!" After saying those words out loud, Leeteuk felt his breath hitched and lowered his voice in shame. "T-The one who...looked...like Hyuk--jae..." 

Donghae's ears perked up when he heard what Leeteuk said and pulled at his shoulders in haste with a hopeful expression painted on his face. "You-You see it too, right, hyung? You see that's Hyukjae too, right?"

Leeteuk saw the strong desire in Donghae's eyes for him to confirm that that's Hyukjae and it pained him that he would be the one to break his heart again. Letting out a sad smile, Leeteuk gently caressed his cheeks before he turned towards Eunhyuk, who still hasn't moved an inch from his spot, and apologized. "I'm sorry if we're weirding you out. You just remind us of someone that was very dear to us."

"No!" Donghae sounded helpless then before anyone else could stop him, he went towards Eunhyuk and grabbed his arms and basically demanded him to tell them they were wrong. "Tell them it's you, Hyuk. Tell them you've been alive all this time!"

Hyukjae watched Donghae plead at him with wide eyes and a heavy heart. He didn't pull away nor did he say a word - afraid that one wrong move would cause everything else to fall apart. Yesung, who's been watching with a keen eye on the side, chose that moment to intercept and pull Donghae away from Hyukjae momentarily. 

"Eunhyuk-ssi," Yesung called. "Ryeowook needs you in the kitchen." Donghae and Hyukjae both looked at Yesung with diifferent expressions on their face. Donghae wanted to glare at him while Hyukjae was torn between being grateful or upset that it took him so long to come save him. Yesung didn't mind though and kept his cool. When he noticed that Donghae wasn't letting Hyukjae go, he continued in a much firmer voice, "Now."

Snapping out of his reverie, Hyukjae nodded his head and reluctantly got out of Donghae's hold. Walking briskly behind the counter, Hyukjae followed Ryeowook to the kitchen without looking back, afraid that if he saw Donghae's pleading look one more time, he might actually cave and tell him the truth. Yesung stayed where he was and watched as Donghae simply stared after Hyukjae until the latter disappeared with a dejected look. He smiled internally because even though they still don't know how they were going to pull this off, Yesung was 100% sure that Hyukjae would get his life back on track. 

"I'm sorry about my friend," Leeteuk said to Yesung and motioned for Heechul to take him outside. "It's been a while since he's been out and I guess he's still adjusting."

Yesung shook his head and smiled understandingly. "Don't worry about it. I hope you could come back again when he's feeling better."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Hyung! Let me go!" Donghae struggled out of Heechul's hold as he tried to get back inside and find Hyukjae, but Heechul wouldn't loosen his grip. It was these rare moments that despite Heechul's frail stature, when he pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter