Did You See?

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

Hyukjae struggled to get Donghae back to their apartment as they both staggered down the hallway with Donghae leaning his body towards Hyukjae and his hands constantly trying to slip under the latter's shirt. Hyukjae cursed as he slapped it away for the 10th time while also adjusting his hold on Donghae. They had just finished celebrating Heechul's engagement announcement and of course his lover just had to drink with the rest of "the boys" even though his alcohol tolerance was next to nothing. 

"Hyyyuuukie~" Donghae slurred lovingly causing Hyukjae to grimace at the smell of alcohol from his breath. "I loooeewbbb youuu~"

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too," Hyukjae mumbled and sighed in relief when they finally made it in front of their apartment door. Hyukjae was just about to enter the code when Donghae thought it would be funny to press more buttons than Hyukjae. The other groaned and tried to keep Donghae's hands off the door but the beeping sounds were apparently too interesting to stop pressing. 

"Aish, Lee Donghae! Can you stay still!?"

Donghae's answer to him was a mocked giggle followed by him leaning his head on the door and grinning widely at Hyukjae. 

"Why do you look so cute?"

Hyukjae rolled his eyes at him and pulled on his arm so they could both enter the apartment. 

"Why are you so annoying?" Hyukjae countered and after the door was unlocked, he felt Donghae's strong arms suddenly wrap around his waist like a koala with his lover's head snuggling on his back. They entered the apartment like that with Hyukjae struggling mostly with Donghae's weight. "Hae...take off your shoes. We gotta get you to bed."

"I want to go to bed with you." He childishly requested followed by more snuggling against Hyukjae's neck. 

Hyukjae couldn't help the chuckle that came out of him this time and assisted Donghae carefully to sit on the floor so he could untie his shoes and help him take it off. 

"Yes, Hae. I'll go to bed with you too."

"I don't want to sleep alone." Donghae pouted then grabbed Hyukjae's cheeks when he saw the latter in front of him and made him look up at him so he could see how serious he was. "Can't sleep without my Hyukkie."

Hyukjae smiled and took Donghae's hands off his cheeks and kissed them. "I'll sleep with you, Hae. I'm not going anywhere."

"Good," Donghae mumbled. Hyukjae then grabbed Donghae's arm up and wrapped it around his shoulders as they proceeded to walk - well, stagger their way to the bedroom. "I need you, Hyukkie. You're --hiccup-- You're stuck with me," Donghae leaned closed to Hyukjae's face and whispered, "Fooooreevvver."

Hyukjae chuckled at how childish Donghae was being and would probably find it more amusing if he didn't have to struggle with getting him to bed so much. Once Hyukjae found the bedroom, he didn't hesitate to just drop Donghae down on their bed, who giggled and enjoyed the treatment as though he had just been on a ride. Hyukjae grabbed the blanket and placed it over Donghae's body, not bothering with changing his clothes because he didn't really want to deal with him any further. The other hummed appreciatively when he felt Hyukjae's hands running over his head softly. 

The gentle treatment seemed to have helped sober Donghae up a little as he turned his head over to where he could feel Hyukjae's presence was in and slowly opened his eyes. He was met with his lover's wide doe eyes and sweet smile looking down on him. 

"Am I dead?"

Hyukjae laughed and shook his head at Donghae's ridiculous inquiry. "No, Hae. You didn't consume enough alcohol to die."

"Oh. I just thought I was looking at an angel that's why."

Hyukjae knew he was being sweet but he just had to grimace at Donghae's drunken cheesiness. 

"I don't think they'd let you in heaven that easily, Hae."

"I wouldn't want to go to heaven without you anyways." Donghae looked for Hyukjae's hands around the bed and once he found it, intertwined their fingers together. "I love you."

Hyukjae smiled at him fondly and when Donghae closed his eyes, he leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. "I love you too."

End of Flashback 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~+~

Hyukjae was finishing up cleaning the main lobby of Haru and One Day when he was startled by somebody hastily tapping on the glass door behind him. He turned around to tell whoever it was that they were closed when his eyes widened at the sight of a basically passed out Donghae being carried by one of his juniors that he met a few years back. Without even hesitating, Hyukjae unlocked the door and ushered them in. 

"Hi - thank you! Thank you! I'm so sorry to intrude on you like this but this was the closest place I could find to take him in." Hyukjae helped him carry Donghae by holding on to the other free side and walked over to the nearest table. "He just kept muttering something about coffee so I thought maybe if you don't mind...I-I mean I'd pay you extra for your trouble!"

Hyukjae looked up Donghae's colleague with worried eyes and shook his head in rejection of the money the latter tried to hand to him. 

"Don't worry about it. It's okay." Hyukjae placed a hand on Donghae's sweaty forehead and was relieved that the other was not heating up that much. "Just wait here. I'll go make him something to sober up."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you so much!" He bowed with great gratitude that his head was almost hitting the ground. 

Hyukjae didn't have time to give him much of an answer back and simply disappeared in the back to make Donghae his black coffee. While he was too busy brewing the latter's drink in the back, Yesung and Ryeowook walked out of the office in that moment only to be met with the sight of Donghae's co-worker frantically fanning him while Donghae groaned in annoyance trying to swat his hand away from his face then proceeded to put his head down on the table. 

"Uhhh...Who are you?" Yesung asked wearily. 

"Oh! H-Hello." He greeted hastily seeing that there wasn't just one person working in the cafe. "My-My name is Kim Dongjun. This is my coworker Lee Donghae. I swear we're not thieves! Uhh- you're-you're other coworker let us in. I-I just-"

"Is Donghae okay?" Ryeowook asked worriedly while checking over the slumped figure on the table. Dongjun was surprised that Ryeowook knew who his boss was and was about to question him about it when Hyukjae came out from the kitchen with a cup of hot coffee. 

"Oh, hey guys," Hyukjae greeted without really looking at either one of them as he went straight to Donghae's side. Dongjun watched a little confused as Hyukjae naturally carefully held Donghae's head up and then cradled him softly when the latter ended up slumping his head on Hyukjae's chest. 

"Do...you guys know Donghae sunbaenim?"

Hyukjae tensed at Dongjun's inquiry. He looked at Yesung for some help but it was Ryeowook who saved the both of them the trouble of lying. 

"He's a friend."

"Oh. Oh! Okay," Dongjun laughed in relief. "That's good. That-That means I can leave him with you, right?"

"Leave him?" Yesung raised an eyebrow at what he intended to do. 

"W-Well...I-I don't really know where Donghae Sunbae lives." He reasoned and gave the three of them a hopeless look. "I kind of got stuck with taking care of him since his assistant also got hammered and I was the next thing to a senior they could find."

"I'll take him," Hyukjae suddenly said without even thinking; effectively catching the three other men in the room by surprise. Dongjun, however, smiled and breathed another sigh of relief at Hyukjae's words while Hyukjae ignored the worried look Yesung casted his way. He looked back on Donghae's sleeping face that was still leaning on his chest and gently caressed his cheeks with the back of his hand. "I'll take care of him. Don't worry."

"Thank you! Thank you!" Dongjun kept saying repeatedly while slowly inching his way out the door. 

Yesung and Ryeowook watched him leave until he was out of sight then shifted their attention back on Hyukjae who now had an armful of Donghae hugging him and basically trying to squeeze the life out of him. Ryeowook wondered if he should help the other and try to help him out but the way Hyukjae held Donghae and how he just let him hold him drunkenly like that made him hesitate. It was like watching someone hold somebody they've missed very much and he didn't want to be the person that ruins that moment. 

"Do you need any help?" Yesung asked but made no move from where he stood. 

"Um- W-Well, can-can you --ugh-- Donghae wait-" Hyukjae moved Donghae's hands off of his face as he tried to make conversation with Yesung. 

Donghae, on the other hand, had no clue where he was or who the people around him were. His mind was so fuzzy due to the alcohol and all that mattered to him was the soft warm touch of the person holding him right now. It felt good and he wanted more of i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter