School Of Love [Kiki126//Inamori Noa]

In Your Dreams

Where am I? It's hard enough being in a foreign country but when your Japanese is basic at best, the directions the old lady at the bus stop gives you look like heiroglyphics. Kiki was now wandering around a large playground frowning and thinking that if only she knew Japanese as well as she knew her own native Finnish. Automatically, she started walking towards the school building, it looked empty but if there was even a janitor inside, at least she could try to make sense of these directions scribbled down in front of her. Stepping into the cooler feeling building, she was startled to see three girls in full uniform staring at her, they had been stood in a huddle, talking animatedly amongst themselves but they all turned to look at her as her footsteps echoed in the hall. "H..h..hello..My name is Kiki..I'm lost. Can you help me?", her voice was small but since there was only silence around them, they heard her clearly. The girls stared at her for a moment before turning away and speeding off down the hallway, clearly they were part of the student council and their attitudes showed how superior they thought they were. She was hesitant to go any further after the cold reception she had just received but a door to her left clicked open as she tiptoed by, she turned in the hopes this student may not be as fosty as the previous ones and as she looked, her eyes went wide and she felt herself blushing furiously. The girl's silky black hair glistened as her smile greeted Kiki, feeling her heart flutter and her hands tremble as she held out the map, she already knew this girl was different. 

"Kon'nichiwa, watashinonamaeha Inamori Noa. Nanika tetsudaimashou ka..kyūtī?", although her words were fluent Japanes, Kiki felt as though she knew roughly what was being said and did she say 'cutie'?. Blushing more, she pointed at her map, her voice failing her so she had to resort to caveman tactics at this point. Wanting nothing more than to keep looking at the girl, she risked a glance and felt her stomach somersault as their eyes met, she could swear the girl blushed a little too. After a few minutes of confused mumbling on both parts, she felt a warm hand in hers and she was led into the room the girl had left just now. As they entered, she looked around, the map dropping from her hand onto the floor beside her as she was led further inside. Her guide stopped and took a seat at one of the desks closest to the blackboard, Kiki was reluctant at first but the girl gestured for her to sit down next to her and so she slid into the desk on her immediate right. It was a strange sensation being in a school again and as she looked around, the words 'Moecore Gakeun' were printed on the front of the teacher's desk and she wondered whether that was the name of the school. Not having quite managed to change her phone to a Japanese provider just yet, she silently cursed and wished she could have just Googled all of this, the girl was starting to look at her with an odd expression, a mix of intrigue and confusion. 

The door slid open and two more girls entered, they were insignificant in the looks department compared to Kiki's new friend and she barely glanced at them as they took seats at the back and started gossiping, neither one giving her the time of day. When some time had passed, she stood up, this was clearly a waste of time and she was just about to leave when the same hadn touched her shoulder gently and she turned to face the girl. She felt the spare hand press something into her palm and she was about to open it when the girl shook her head silently. The door slid open again and the thress snooty girls from before strode inside, all of them taking a stand at the front of the class, their faces severe as they addressed the classroom in what could only be described as rapid Japanese, Kiki was lost in seconds but she watched them intently all the same.

"Kon'nichiwa kurasu no hakujin gakusei, seito-kai wa anata no saigo no pafōmansu o shukufuku shi, kyō no kurasu ni anata o kangei ai to omoimasu. Goran no tōri, wataachi no nakaniha gaikoku kara no hōmon-sha ga imasunode, dōzoyoroshikuonegaishimasu. Kanojo wa nihongo o sukoshi demo te iru to wa omowanainode, chokusetsu hanasu toki wa eigo o hanae mite kudasai. Isshōkenmei hataraki, subarashī tsuitachi o sugoe kudasai.".

When she had finished talking, the girl with the pig tails and her fellow students walked out of the classroom with a bow and the chatter between the two at the back started up again, they kept shooting glances at Kiki and she felt uncomfortable enough that all she wanted was a moment to herself. Standing up, she thought hard and clumsily used the only Japanese she was semi fluent in, her face reddening as she mumbled to the pretty girl, "Toire wa dokodesu ka?". The girl smiled and stood up, she motioned for Kiki to follow her and the two of them left the room, walking down the corridor and stopping a few doors away, they entered together and she stepped inside the cubicle, the girl stood outside as Kiki did her business and checked her hair and makeup in the mirror as she waited, the door of the cubicle creaked a little as she opened it and their eyes met briefly, both girls blushed and Kiki stepped closer, she mumbled under her breath, "Hän on niin kaunis, että kuolen..". The girl must have heard her because she smiled and stepped closer, they were now elbow to elbow and she could smell the sweet scent of the girl's perfume as she washed her hands. After a few seconds stood in silence, they left, Kiki lagging a little behind as the girl made her way back to the classroom, she stopped and Kiki almost walked into the back of her, they were level with a line of lockers and she accidentally backed into one as the girl stepped closer, she was smiling and her beauty somehow intensified. Kiki involuntarily smiled a little uncomfortably and wondered what was going to happen next. She didn't have to wait long because the girl moved her face within inches of hers and her lips made their way around to her ear, the hairs on her neck prickled and her heartbeat quickened as she said only one thing before moving away and making her way back into the classroom.

"Open the flower".

For a second, Kiki stood confused and frowned at the space where the girl had just been moments before, then she remembered. Reaching into her pocket, she withdrew the thing that the girl had pressed into her palm earlier, it was an intricate origami rose, it seemed a shame to dismantle it so she pulled out her phone and took a photo of it, at least the useful device could do that for her. Replacing her phone in her pocket, she started to open the rose very carefully, tiny writing was revealed as she unfolded the very last petal and she read it aloud. It was in English and for that she was grateful:

"To spend a minute in your presence is to feel a lifetime of love. There is nobody as perfect as you, even in heaven above.".