Little Rays Of Hope And Love [AsianPersuasion90//Kim Yongsun]

In Your Dreams

"Ok, I get it, you're a big girl now and you want to get dressed on your own but when mummy asks why you're dressed like this, I will deny all knowledge. At least let me help pull your shirt over your head, come here..", every morning it was the same thing, a two year old is difficult to tame at the best of times but when she insists that she's old enough to dress herself and will proceed in trying to pair a princess dress with cardboard robot legs, then it takes a little more time to get her ready for school in the mornings. I have to admit, I kind of knew what she would be like when my wife's mother told me the many stories of her own daughter doing the exact same thing as her granddaughter at that age, I guess I just forgot until it actually happened. "Finished?, ok, well, since it's Friday and National Book Day, you may go to school as a robot princess. Just give me a minute to find a pound for you not wearing uniform young lady. Stay here with your brother ok?, make sure he doesn't wake up while i'm out of the room.". Apparently pound coins just run and hide when you need them in a hurry, so after a thorough search of the living room and my bedroom, it was with a sigh that I found my wallet in Ara's playhouse and located the singular coin, slipping both into seperate pockets as I wondered back into my bedroom.

A small cry told me that my son was awake and cranky, he hated waking up hungry and I had to agree with his contempt since I always woke up the same way. It wasn't long before Ara's tiny feet padded up to me and tugged at my trousers to tell me he was awake and to ask what had took me so long, well at least she hadn't done what she had attempted once before. I'd walked in to find her struggling to lift him out of his cot and I had to rush over before she dropped him, needless to say she hasn't done it since because her mother was less than pleased. Cho's face told me that either her was annoyed with his sister's presence, or he needed his nappy changing, a quick 'lift and sniff' told me all I needed to know and so I whooshed him to the changing table across the room and let Ara watch as I changed him. His satisfied smile melts me every time I see it and for that he gets a cuddle. Ara pouts as usual until I put her brother down and give her the hug that her little outstretched arms are waiting for.

I see Yongsun before she comes into the room and pretends annoyance at being left alone by us all, it always gets a giggle from Ara when her mother pouts playfully and says "Oh here you all are, I thought you'd all been hiding from me. What secrets have you been discussing hmm?". I smile as Ara giggles and moves away from me to her mother's arms. Picking Cho up again, I step closer to Yongsun and peck her lips softly, Ara makes a show of covering her eyes and then wiping my kiss from Yongsun's lips as if she's disgusted, kids are so funny with that kind of thing. It's already close to the time that the school bus gets here and Ara is still not ready so while I get Cho dressed in his cutest pari of shorts, button up shirt and squeaky shoes, Yongsun makes sure Ara's costume is perfect and brushes her hair, slipping on her own shoes on the way out of the door. We walk side-by-side with Cho in my arms and Ara walking beside Yongsun, her little hand nestled gently in her mother's as the bus arrives and we watch her climb enthusiastically on board, the pound passed to the teacher as she sits down. We wave as they drive away and I feel Yongsun's head on my shoulder as Cho falls slowly asleep again against the other and we walk back inside, me and two of my little rays of hope and love.