première

Coeur Brisé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?! Why would I take unnie's place? You said the president wants unnie!"

Hari puts her painting brush down, her eyebrows creased as she turns to look at both her father and mother who's sitting on the dining table from the balcony where she's finishing her drawing that needed to be submitted for grading in a week time. Taking the purple plastic out of her arms, she rushes inside their house, arms crossed on her chest as she stands beside her older sister who's calmly eating the snacks while she scrolls over her instagram feeds.

"Because your sister already has a boyfriend and he proposed to her, yesterday."

Hari's eyes widen as she turns to look at her sister,

"What? I never know you have a boyfriend!"

"Neither do us."

Her eyes move back to look at her parents who's looking up at her with hopes in their eyes. Hyemi locks her phone and pulls her sister to sit on the chair beside her,

"I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone about me being in a relationship because I'm afraid if he's not the one then I have to face everyone who knows about us. He proposed to me yesterday and I said yes."

Hari frowns when she looks at the silver diamond ring around her sister's slender finger, pursing her lips she turns to look at her parents,

"But dad, mom.. I can't.. I still have one more year before I graduate and there's so many things I want to do before I let myself tied with someone! You know how badly I want to own an art gallery and how badly I want to travel around the world! You can't do this to me!"

Tears b in her eyes as she blurted out those words, she couldn't and she would never throws her dreams away. There's so much she wanted to do, so many places she wanted to explore. 

"He's rich, you can use his money to get yourself an art gallery once you marry him."

Hari's eyes widen as she turns to look at her older sister who's back to scrolling her instagram feed, clenching her fists under the table, she speaks up,

"I want my art gallery to come from my own money! Not from someone else's charity!"

"It's not a charity if he's your husband. You're his responsibility."

"Then why don't you just dump your boyfriend and go on with the plan of marrying you with that rich guy instead of dragging me into this mess!"

"Dump my boyfriend? Are you stupid or are you crazy, Shin Hari? Oh-- I know you've never had a boyfriend so that's why you're asking me to dump my fiance as easy as that! I love him and he loves me! I won't marry anyone else besides him!"

"You're so selfish, unnie!"

"Then, you're selfish too! You have no one waiting for you, can't you just agree to this instead of making a whole drama out of this?"

"A what? A dra--"

"Enough now, Shin Hyemi! Shin Hari! Enough!"

Silence wrapped the entire apartment once her father slammed his hand on the dining table and raises his voice to stop the two sisters from bickering. Hari sighs, blinking her eyes and pursing her lips to not let her tears fall. She could see her father pinching his nose bridge and her mother has already started crying beside him, making her heart clenches so much more.

"You don't have to do it, Hari. I'll just resign and beg for the president's forgiveness."

With that being said, her father rises up from his seat and was about to walk away into the bedroom until Hari's cracked voice stops him,

"I'll do it. I'll marry the president's son, so don't lose your job and beg for something that's not your fault."

Hari said and quickly stands up from the chair, locking herself in her room as she dropped on the floor to cry her hearts out. She never knew that there will be a day that everything that she's dreamed off will be taken away from her and that she'll never be able to achieve them. She loves her family and she knows how much her father loves working at the company he's been working for almost all of his life and she couldn't let one mistake to drag him down from his happiness. Her father has sacrificed a lot for them as the leader of the family, they're not rich neither poor, they're average, her mother's a cleaner in the apartment they're living ever since she's a kid. Even now, she's already 23 and nags her mother to quit her job, she would brush her off saying that she loves her job, she loves seeing the happy faces of the people living in the apartment seeing how clean the place is even though she comes back home with back pain and sometimes limping while she cooks them their dinner. Hari wanted to work part-time but her parents didn't allow her to, saying that they'll get whatever she wants no matter what the price is and they've never once failed on giving. 

Hari wipes her tears as she picks herself up, taking a deep breath and was about to went out to continue her drawing when she heard a knock on the door, opening the door, she peeks outside seeing her father, with his eyes teary looking down at her,

"We'll meet both the president and his son tomorrow, after your class. The president's son will pick you up from your uni, I'll go with the president."

Hari nods and hums as she looks up at her father, trying to smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter